04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

4 minutes ago, LA_0013 said:

It's actually pretty funny that Slash showed absolutely no respect to the arrangement, chops or melody of the original TIL solo - and just played it how he wanted to  :-)

exactly. who cares if he doesnt play the original note for note? he switched it for a more bluesy / jazzy kind of solo, which sounds more vintage GNR than Finck ever will

22 minutes ago, jettesnel said:

Cool!  Does your ass contain more Gnr facts?

The fun part about opinions is that they aren't facts.  Those of us who remember the original band understand that there will be the fans who have just come along in the last 10 years and think one of the guitarist other than Slash are the real thing, and with all due respect (which in at least one case isn't much) non of them are Slash or are ever going to measure up when it comes to Guns N Roses.

Outside of GnR I still don't think there is much comparison, but to each his own.  Trying to convince any of the real, original GnR fans otherwise is pointless and just lets us know you are under 20 years old and want to argue for the guitarist you know, not what you should know.

• Like 2

The end of November Rain. I got chills, goosebumps, the hair was standing on my arm, whatever cliché you think is appropriate. He still has it when he wants to push it, and if using it selectively means I get to see him gain some longevity, then I'm quite okay with that.

46 minutes ago, KIKOZ3 said:

Slash solo on TIL is worse than Finck original at the moment. 

Good for you if that's your opinion but that's all it is, an opinion.

I was never that satisfied hearing TIL. But Slash managed to suprising me once again. His take on the TIL solo was truly amazing IMO, and it was like the missing link to that song.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, action said:

exactly. who cares if he doesnt play the original note for note? he switched it for a more bluesy / jazzy kind of solo, which sounds more vintage GNR than Finck ever will

It was like he went "nice try son, but this is what you meant to say with that solo".

So is it Axl or somebody from TB that reads everything that is posted on this forum?

Ive been posting here for a lot of years. And one thing that really stands out over the past few tours is how the new additions to the set list mirror what people on this forum are clamoring for. 

Over the last year Coma was the main song people were saying they wished would be played. And boom. It's added to the set list. 

I can distinctively remember this happening with Estranged, you're crazy, and Civil War. 

Do you think it's Axl or Fernando or TB reading these forums to get a feel for what the fans are wanting?

I know a few of you will say my theory is crap and holds no water. But it's something I started paying attention to a few years ago. And as a test, a week ago, I said that Coma would be the song people are requesting the most. And sure enough......we get Coma. 

Whomever it is - thank you. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, action said:

Eh...sounded like GNR ?  it sounded like shit  thats it.

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

So is it Axl or somebody from TB that reads everything that is posted on this forum?

Ive been posting here for a lot of years. And one thing that really stands out over the past few tours is how the new additions to the set list mirror what people on this forum are clamoring for. 

Over the last year Coma was the main song people were saying they wished would be played. And boom. It's added to the set list. 

I can distinctively remember this happening with Estranged, you're crazy, and Civil War. 

Do you think it's Axl or Fernando or TB reading these forums to get a feel for what the fans are wanting?

I know a few of you will say my theory is crap and holds no water. But it's something I started paying attention to a few years ago. And as a test, a week ago, I said that Coma would be the song people are requesting the most. And sure enough......we get Coma. 

I believe this ^^^ HEY AXL PLEASE SING A BIT RASPIER AND DO THE PARADISE CITY WHISTLE DIFFERENT, but keep up the good work

2 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Now for some Breakdown and Locomotive

• Like 3

We actually don't know how much Solos buckethead wrote...maybe Finck and Fortus just copied his Solos..Finck/Fortus/buckethead had a lot of interesting ideas but it always felt artifical while slash's Solos are full of energy, life, love, Passion, Blues, etc...while saying this I also have to say that slash's Solos on CD Material so far sound more random than outstanding. I would also prefer slash doing all solos...I actually don't like that fortus/slash combo.

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Good for you if that's your opinion but that's all it is, an opinion.

I was never that satisfied hearing TIL. But Slash managed to suprising me once again. His take on the TIL solo was truly amazing IMO, and it was like the missing link to that song.

yes, Slash managed to "fleshen up" the solo part. the song sounded too "empty / sterile" on the album, but Slash managed to turn an almost clinically sterile song into a beautiful bluesy improvisation, and he does so effortlessly. the almost casual take on the song in such an effective way just goes to show the man's brilliance.

23 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

They totally teased Riad before Rocket Queen. I'm glad I'm not the only one who heard it 

Don't think so. Heard it now and it just sounded alike, but it was the very beginning of Rocket Queen main riff. Trust me, Id totally love to see them playing Riad, but I don't think we will anytime soon. 

Edited by Voodoochild

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Don't forget about the name of the tour :lol: It was posted here that it should be called Not in this lifetime and... boom... you get it announced!

I am looking for a copy of an e-ticket from last night's show from anyone who had GA PIT tickets. I bought a GA PIT ticket for saturday's show for a really good price and I would like to compare it to a ticket I am sure is legitimate from last night's show to make sure I didn't get ripped off. I have noticed on past GA tickets from AXS that some have said "GA FLOOR" "GA PIT" "General Admission" "GA: Standing Room Only" etc. and I would like to compare my ticket to a used one to make sure everything matches like it should. I would be happy to send $10-20 through paypal to anyone who can help me out. If so, please send me a PM with the used PDF file from last night and let me know your paypal account info and i'll send over some money for the help. I'd hate to drive from LA just to find out I got a fake ticket and have to find another last minute. Thanks in advance

Axl's vocals on the "I NEVER WANTED YOU TO BE SO FULL OF ANGER" bit of Better are fucking KILLER. He never got this right in 2009-10, occasionally got it in 2012, but even listening to an audio rip of a YouTube video from last night, for a second I thought I was listening to the album cut. Beautiful.