04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

SO I was at the show last night.  I'll give my brief feedback.

The arena sold seats to rows that didn't exist.  We ended up in a row of folding chairs on an upper deck but I was just glad to be in the building.

So great seeing axl and slash together again.  Bummer about axl's foot.  Really hurt the show, but considering the circumstances, it was still awesome.

Amazing energy through the set.  The classic songs were amazing.  Coma and estranged were highlights.  Loved civil war.  Slash can still jump around the stage when he needs to.  Axl looked younger and thinner than he has lately somehow, which was awesome.

Only complaints would be Duff playing NEW ROSE was a little messy and boring.  Lot so people headed for the bathroom. I wish the big video screen had shown more shots of the band instead of the screensaver artwork they were displaying.

The ChiDem songs were cool, but Slash didn't always try to recreate the solos on the album.  He kind of did his own slash-style guitar noodling, and it often wasn't very melodic and didn't compliment the songs very well.  I didn't get the impression he was trying to make those songs as good as possible, more that he was doing them out of obligation.  The solos on ChiDem sound all very carefully composed and written to compliment the songs and I was hoping slash would learn them as they are on the album and maybe do a slight twist to make them his own.  Instead he seemed to just do a lot of fancy shredding and guitar wanking on them and the songs suffered a little because of it.  I hope they improve over time.

I was also hoping to hear Dont Cry, Madagascar, and some new songs.  I think they could retire Patience and KOHD and I wouldn't miss them much.

Overall, so glad I went.  Totally worth the money. I'll try to see them again on this tour.

Edited by slipnslider

1 hour ago, GibsonLP said:

Last night's show was great, but tonight's show was better!

The band was more energetic and moving around a lot more

light show was better

The use of the big screen was much better, with more band shown and a little less digital stuff used

Sebastian Bach sang on My Michele

Don't Cry was played

Axl sounds great and seemed in a good mood

Tonight really felt like a GnR show. Amazing stuff!

I saw Slash's running on video when My Mchelle~ Slash finally can enjoying the show :lol:

5 hours ago, NotInThisLifetime said:

Shoutout de las Filipinas: espero Guns N Roses llega a Manila. Parece que la reconciliación entre Axl y Slash son auténticos. Compruebe a cabo esta foto

axl.png

La mejor foto que he visto desde el 93, felicitaciones para quien la haya tomado

• Like 1

Someone here posted that they were going to bring in inflatable dolphins for Estranged. I was sitting in the upper bowl and I could see a bunch of dolphins in the crowd. What was the reaction from the band when they saw the dolphins? Does anyone know. Very cool!

Just now, BigD62 said:

Someone here posted that they were going to bring in inflatable dolphins for Estranged. I was sitting in the upper bowl and I could see a bunch of dolphins in the crowd. What was the reaction from the band when they saw the dolphins? Does anyone know. Very cool!

I wish the next show in coachella They fill it with hydrogen N' release it. Maybe attach it with string or just fill it half hydrogen half air to keep it floating

4 hours ago, wahyu22 said:

To be honest i don't like ferrer drum on don't cry.. I can't feel something with him 

I find that with almost all of his songs.. He definitely changes the vibe and "feel" a lot.

21 hours ago, GnRDuff1 said:

The end of November Rain. I got chills, goosebumps, the hair was standing on my arm, whatever cliché you think is appropriate. He still has it when he wants to push it, and if using it selectively means I get to see him gain some longevity, then I'm quite okay with that.

I got a bit emotional during November Rain... Didn't see that coming at all.

21 hours ago, smoking guns said:

I thought Slash dominated last night and loved every fucking thing he did. Fortus was good but a little too many solos. But Slash was THE man. 

Slash was hands down the highlight for me last night. Seeing him play a lot of those solos that he hasn't played in years like Estranged made it all worth it.   I also felt that Fortus had too many solos and his guitar was too loud. 

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

I can't remember which forum member got a look at the set list before the show last night but I thank him for giving us the heads up about Coma and TIL going to be played. There were about 5 songs listed as alternative songs Don't Cry and Think About You were 2 I remember reading wonder if they'll get played tonight. 

Dammit lol!! I would have killed to hear Think About You!  Was looking forward to the Don't Cry solo too. 

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Dammit lol!! I would have killed to hear Think About You!  Was looking forward to the Don't Cry solo too. 

Think About You would've been great I've never seen it being played. At least Don't Cry got played last night and it was good to see Slash killing it  :headbang:I think My Michelle was on that list too good to see that got played as well.