04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

Everyone REMEMBER to bring LIGHTERS! Lets all use LIGHTERS to hold up during November Rain instead of the UGLY cell phones. Little flames looks so much more beautiful.... OLD SCHOOL 4 Eva!

JOIN THE 21st CENTURY - THE 80's ARE OVER!

I realize you are trolling but I'm going to point out anyway that this is a thread about an '80s band playing a show where they'll be doing a bunch of songs from the '80s.

I have two single tickets for the April 8th Vegas show and I only need one. One seat is Section 10 row B and the other ticket is section 226 row J. My question to the forum members is which do you think is the better seat for the show?

I wish I knew how to paste the seating image into this post so instead I have the link below:

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=56518aff-4e00-4d79-8953-6c6ad49826c8&calendarView=1&preFill=1〈=en&locale=en_us&eventid=306247&ec=LVA160408&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_tmobile&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F306247%2Fguns-n-roses-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

Personally I would think Section 10 is a better seat. For one, you have row B, so that right there is basically front row in that section. A plus there. Another plus IMO is its a straight view of the stage. Understandly 226 is cooler cause its Slash's side but you're also ALL the way on that side. Almost to a fault. Who knows what the stage is gonna look like and if it'll be an obstructed seat. And you're in row J there, so halfway up in an already high side seat.

Which is why I'd take 10. You get a better view of the whole stage, as well video screens I would assume, whereas I think with 226 you'll either be watching a video screen all night or no screen and you're just on a weird side angle, possibly to a fault. Not to mention what was said that the sound is probably better in 10 since its supposed to fill the arena as opposed to 226 which is probably right next to a speaker, which to me is never preferred.

I'll be in section 10 night 2 and I'm looking forward to those seats. Would prefer closer, but for what it is at least you're seeing the whole stage. If it were me, I'd definitely take those, but I also don't know the arena so what I was saying about high up could be wrong. And I would totally get if people want to be as close on Slash's side as possible, no matter where the seat is. But thats just my two cents.

I'm pretty sure if Slash would start playing the intro to Slither or the intro to Anastasia in the middle of the show, people wouldn't just appreciate it but go nuts.

I would actually deal with hearing a CD song if they did Anastasia.. Would love to hear Axl's take on that one...

That's a fair deal. But it's highly unlikely... what a surprise would it be hearing Axl doing something like this.

I'm still of the opinion either you have both Chinese Democracy AND Slash's solo stuff, and maybe a Duff song, or you have none of them. Despite CD carrying the GNR name, I think everyone finds those albums to be about the same level of "GNR". At least, those that don't think CD is GNR thinks Slash's albums are, and those that think CD is don't think Slash are. So in my head, that means they should all be fair game to please everyone. I really don't think its fair to play Chinese songs when VR and Slash's songs are BEGGING to have Axl vocals.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure if Slash would start playing the intro to Slither or the intro to Anastasia in the middle of the show, people wouldn't just appreciate it but go nuts.

I would actually deal with hearing a CD song if they did Anastasia.. Would love to hear Axl's take on that one...

I know own you are pissed about prices, but I hope you're still going because you seem hyped lol

Fuck yeah I am going!

I am still really bothered by the prices.. If they stay like this I won't be able to attend as many shows as I had hoped and I have a lot of friends and family that aren't going to be able to justify going to even one..

I was lucky enough to get a ticket through the pre sale. I wouldn't have been able to pay stub hub prices. This is a dream come true for me. All together it cost me $750 for a ticket, flight and two nights in a hotel on the strip. That is worth it to me for Gn'R's first show back.

I just want this thing to be as big and bad ass as possible and they are already getting some bad publicity for the prices. I also could never get into NuGn'R, so as far away as they can look from that band as possible.. The better ;)

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

I have two single tickets for the April 8th Vegas show and I only need one. One seat is Section 10 row B and the other ticket is section 226 row J. My question to the forum members is which do you think is the better seat for the show?

I wish I knew how to paste the seating image into this post so instead I have the link below:

https://tickets.axs.com/eventShopperV3.html?wr=56518aff-4e00-4d79-8953-6c6ad49826c8&calendarView=1&preFill=1〈=en&locale=en_us&eventid=306247&ec=LVA160408&src=AEGAXS1_WMAIN&skin=axs_tmobile&fbShareURL=www.axs.com%2Fevents%2F306247%2Fguns-n-roses-tickets%3F%26ref%3Devs_fb

I would keep 10. If it would be a choice between 10 and 223/222, it would be a hard decision. But to almost sit behind the stage is no fun.

• Like 1

I know own you are pissed about prices, but I hope you're still going because you seem hyped lol

Fuck yeah I am going!

I am still really bothered by the prices.. If they stay like this I won't be able to attend as many shows as I had hoped and I have a lot of friends and family that aren't going to be able to justify going to even one..

I was lucky enough to get a ticket through the pre sale. I wouldn't have been able to pay stub hub prices. This is a dream come true for me. All together it cost me $750 for a ticket, flight and two nights in a hotel on the strip. That is worth it to me for Gn'R's first show back.

I just want this thing to be as big and bad ass as possible and they are already getting some bad publicity for the prices. I also could never get into NuGn'R, so as far away as they can look from that band as possible.. The better ;)

Tom I had no idea you were going! I thought you were completely against it and seriously weren't paying cause of the prices?!

Regardless, I agree with you and thats why I'm going as well. Its not a real reunion, but I gotta see the first Guns show with Slash and Axl back together.

• Like 2

As for scalping, here's a way to solve it for intimate shows at least (and maybe all shows perhaps). Each fan club member gets one ticket. I know, I know, that sucks, but hear me out. It really is the only way to prevent scalping. Each member gets a ticket with their name on it. When you show up you present the ticket with your ID. Same each time you re-enter the venue and/or section (general admission). Yeah, I guess you can get a fake ID made, but many states now have sophisticated IDs. They can run them through those machines that will indicate if it's fake or not.

That's all good. But what if you can't make it? Then you're out of 250 $ and somebody else can't get a ticket because it went to someone, who can't attend after all.

I hear you, that's the rub. But really, the only way to completely avoid scalping.

doesnt need to be fan club. just upload a picture which gets printed on ticket along with ID/last 4 of the credit card number printed on ticket.

Or.. have machines like the cinema, put your card in the machine and out comes your printed ticket at the venue.

But... companies dont care how much people are buyin there tickets for

As for scalping, here's a way to solve it for intimate shows at least (and maybe all shows perhaps). Each fan club member gets one ticket. I know, I know, that sucks, but hear me out. It really is the only way to prevent scalping. Each member gets a ticket with their name on it. When you show up you present the ticket with your ID. Same each time you re-enter the venue and/or section (general admission). Yeah, I guess you can get a fake ID made, but many states now have sophisticated IDs. They can run them through those machines that will indicate if it's fake or not.

That's all good. But what if you can't make it? Then you're out of 250 $ and somebody else can't get a ticket because it went to someone, who can't attend after all.

I hear you, that's the rub. But really, the only way to completely avoid scalping.

Well... the answer would be if promoters would agree to take tickets back. Strangely enough that's what they did at the Rolling Stones show in Vienna two years ago. You had to pay 5 extra and they would take your ticket back, no questions asked. But of course, greedy promoters and bands never would agree to that.

Well... the answer would be if promoters would agree to take tickets back. Strangely enough that's what they did at the Rolling Stones show in Vienna two years ago. You had to pay 5 extra and they would take your ticket back, no questions asked. But of course, greedy promoters and bands never would agree to that.

I flew out to San Fran this September to check out AC/DC's stadium tour. I remember looking at a couple other venues they were going to and I can't remember where but one of the stadiums had a rule if you bought in the first 20 rows from the stage it was a 4 ticket max and the only way to get your ticket was day of show at will call with an ID. AT&T Park wasn't that way as it was all GA on the ball field.

Scalping's incredibly easy to stop but nobody has any incentive to bother. If you think about it the Vegas shows have sold out but there are shitloads of tickets on stub hub already. The band, the venue and the promotors don't care though because even if the shows are half empty they've already been paid.

Glastonbury festival in the UK sells about 200,000 tickets every year and touts don't get any of them. Simple reason is that you need to register on their site with a photograph of yourself before you can buy a ticket and your photo is printed on the ticket so it's no use to anybody else. Simple really.

For example.

2548353052_13f316518c.jpg

Edited by Dazey

Scalping's incredibly easy to stop but nobody has any incentive to bother. If you think about it the Vegas shows have sold out but there are shitloads of tickets on stub hub already. The band, the venue and the promotors don't care though because even if the shows are half empty they've already been paid.

Exactly.
Glastonbury festival in the UK sells about 200,000 tickets every year and touts don't get any of them. Simple reason is that you need to register on their site with a photograph of yourself before you can buy a ticket and your photo is printed on the ticket so it's no use to anybody else. Simple really.

And what happens if you can't go? Can you return the ticket.

Exactly.

And what happens if you can't go? Can you return the ticket.

Yep. Full refund minus something like a £5 admin fee.

Edit: £15 admin fee.

Edited by Dazey

I only recall one other person posting that they are up in the cheap seats (210 and 218 for me) I just hope I can see everyone on the stage. I never understood the point of going to a concert just to watch it on the jumbotron.

I'll be in the rafters most likely

I've seen stadium shows I the upper bowl even. Had a blast at all if them

^^Okay. Now that is cool. But sadly, most promoters don't give a shit, as long as they have gotten rid of their tickets. Some go as far as fighting tooth and nails to take back tickets even when a show has been postponed. When GNR postponed their Zurich gig in '06 due to fucking Brain leaving tour head over heels, the promoter refused to take back tickets, unless you showed him proof that you couldn't attend the make up date. And even then he stiffed us on 15 bucks. Fucking unbelieveable. Well, after being pissed off at the cancellation, we found out when he got there, and returning the tickets I eventually went to the make up show and bought a cheap ticket off someone who couldn't return it.

Edited by PatrickS77

I only recall one other person posting that they are up in the cheap seats (210 and 218 for me) I just hope I can see everyone on the stage. I never understood the point of going to a concert just to watch it on the jumbotron.

I'm in block 13 in the lower bowl. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent view from there.

I'm in block 13 in the lower bowl. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent view from there.

On the plus side,I'm in Row B both nights so unless there's a six foot five guy in row A,I should have a clear view. My seats were "cheap " compared to others but $100 is $100. Also,I'm asking anyone with any artistic skills to make a banner which I will hang from my section both nights. It won't block anyone's view unlike a few shows I've gone to where someone is far away and holds the thing up all night long when the band won't see it and all it does is block the view of others. I vote for a banner with a MYGNRFORUM logo and DEAD HORSE. I had a Dead Horse sign hanging from the balcony at Hammerstein and a lot of good that did.

I am in sec.211. I don't care where I am, I'm going to see GNR in Vegas. Doesn't get any better than that.

Edited by BigD62

I'm in the upper bowl on the second night, sec 205 row M (duffs side). However, they are only 'cheap seats' in the context of the floor being $350.... <_<

You know what excites me for these shows? They will probably use these shows to "test" live versions of songs they are thinking about touring with. What works, what doesn't. So heres hoping for some rare shit.

Bring on the reunion version of Tokyo 2009 :headbang:

I am in sec.211. I don't care where I am, I'm going to see GNR in Vegas. Doesn't get any better than that.

True but I'd like to see the stage from our seats not watch the show on a video screen. I'd have saved $1,000 and watched on YouTube the next day if that were the case. I also hope since our sections are off to the side that we are safe from hanging speakers blocking our view.