04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I only recall one other person posting that they are up in the cheap seats (210 and 218 for me) I just hope I can see everyone on the stage. I never understood the point of going to a concert just to watch it on the jumbotron.

I am in sec.211. I don't care where I am, I'm going to see GNR in Vegas. Doesn't get any better than that.

True but I'd like to see the stage from our seats not watch the show on a video screen. I'd have saved $1,000 and watched on YouTube the next day if that were the case. I also hope since our sections are off to the side that we are safe from hanging speakers blocking our view.

Unless the guy in front of you is 6'5 you'll be fine :lol:

I only recall one other person posting that they are up in the cheap seats (210 and 218 for me) I just hope I can see everyone on the stage. I never understood the point of going to a concert just to watch it on the jumbotron.

I am in sec.211. I don't care where I am, I'm going to see GNR in Vegas. Doesn't get any better than that.
True but I'd like to see the stage from our seats not watch the show on a video screen. I'd have saved $1,000 and watched on YouTube the next day if that were the case. I also hope since our sections are off to the side that we are safe from hanging speakers blocking our view.

Haha. Yeah. I'm in row B both nights so unless somehow there's a row AA that is first and I'm actually way back,I should be ok. At Hammerstein someone kept telling me to sit down lol. I did during Bullet For My Valentine but no way was I going to sit for GNR. I'm not even sure what seats one should get if they want to sit all three hours but fair warning to everyone in 210 and 218 ,I don't care if the entire section sits,I'm standing the whole time (unless I need a break during Frank's drum solo,I will,however,stand for a hypothetical Sorum or Adler solo)

You know what excites me for these shows? They will probably use these shows to "test" live versions of songs they are thinking about touring with. What works, what doesn't. So heres hoping for some rare shit.

Don't say that, you'll get me too fucking excited!!

I'm in block 13 in the lower bowl. Hopefully I'll be able to get a decent view from there.

I'll be in that section as well. Hoping they are good. They were the first I could get.

Haha. Yeah. I'm in row B both nights so unless somehow there's a row AA that is first and I'm actually way back,I should be ok. At Hammerstein someone kept telling me to sit down lol. I did during Bullet For My Valentine but no way was I going to sit for GNR. I'm not even sure what seats one should get if they want to sit all three hours but fair warning to everyone in 210 and 218 ,I don't care if the entire section sits,I'm standing the whole time (unless I need a break during Frank's drum solo,I will,however,stand for a hypothetical Sorum or Adler solo)

Don't think there is going to be much sittin down at this show. Tell them if you want to sit down, Donnie and Marie are just down the road.

Edited by BigD62

You know what excites me for these shows? They will probably use these shows to "test" live versions of songs they are thinking about touring with. What works, what doesn't. So heres hoping for some rare shit.

One of my favorite things to have happen at a GN'R show is Axl saying "We're gonna try something"

Here's hoping you guys get that more than a few times. :headbang:

Can a GNR-historian tell us the last time they played a legit sold out show in a 20,000 seat arena? I mean a headlining show, no Festival or anything or one of those smaller half arenas. I'm guessing MSG in 06 or 02?

Didn't some of the arena shows in 2011 sell out? What about some of the Canadian shows in 2010? If anything some were very close.

Can a GNR-historian tell us the last time they played a legit sold out show in a 20,000 seat arena? I mean a headlining show, no Festival or anything or one of those smaller half arenas. I'm guessing MSG in 06 or 02?

Didn't some of the arena shows in 2011 sell out? What about some of the Canadian shows in 2010? If anything some were very close.

I don't think the 2011 shows did (or if they did, part of the arena was sectioned off?)

Didn't they pull like 50,000 people in some places on the South American 2010 run? Did they actually sell out any of the stadiums they did there?

I don't think the 2011 shows did (or if they did, part of the arena was sectioned off?)

Didn't they pull like 50,000 people in some places on the South American 2010 run? Did they actually sell out any of the stadiums they did there?

I meant in the US. New GNR probably had a lot of sellouts in big arenas overseas.

according to Mapaplan.com if in the lower bowl at Tmobile arena the rows starts at a number 1, then AA, BB, and then A -Z so if that is true a person with row A is actually 3rd row up. Some in the lower section start with B as front and then straight back from the stage front is AA, BB, then 1 through 9, and then starts with A. All the upper sections appear to start with A as the front row.

Edited by oachs83

I meant in the US. New GNR probably had a lot of sellouts in big arenas overseas.

I don't think any of the 2011 shows were sold out, and the only show they played in the US in 2010 was Sturgis, so I'm pretty sure the last time was the first show of the 2006 tour:

11.02.06 - Greensboro Coliseum, Greensboro, NC

opening acts: Sebastian Bach, Papa Roach

attendance: 23,500

according to Mapaplan.com if in the lower bowl at Tmobile arena the rows starts at a number 1, then AA, BB, and then A -Z so if that is true a person with row A is actually 3rd row up.

Well that sucks. I guess I'm actually 30 something rows back or am I misinterpreting what you are writing? I'm in what I'd imagine to be the upper bowl in 210 and 218.

according to Mapaplan.com if in the lower bowl at Tmobile arena the rows starts at a number 1, then AA, BB, and then A -Z so if that is true a person with row A is actually 3rd row up.

Well that sucks. I guess I'm actually 30 something rows back or am I misinterpreting what you are writing? I'm in what I'd imagine to be the upper bowl in 210 and 218.

If you are in the upper bowl according to Mapaplan.com the front row starts with A so if you are in row B that means that only one row is in front of you which is awesome.

Edited by oachs83
  • Like 1

One of my favorite things to have happen at a GN'R show is Axl saying "We're gonna try something"

Here's hoping you guys get that more than a few times. :headbang:

That's what Axl said at the Paris show before they brought out special guest Lenny Kravitz

As for scalping, here's a way to solve it for intimate shows at least (and maybe all shows perhaps). Each fan club member gets one ticket. I know, I know, that sucks, but hear me out. It really is the only way to prevent scalping. Each member gets a ticket with their name on it. When you show up you present the ticket with your ID. Same each time you re-enter the venue and/or section (general admission). Yeah, I guess you can get a fake ID made, but many states now have sophisticated IDs. They can run them through those machines that will indicate if it's fake or not.

That's all good. But what if you can't make it? Then you're out of 250 $ and somebody else can't get a ticket because it went to someone, who can't attend after all.

I hear you, that's the rub. But really, the only way to completely avoid scalping.

Well... the answer would be if promoters would agree to take tickets back. Strangely enough that's what they did at the Rolling Stones show in Vienna two years ago. You had to pay 5 extra and they would take your ticket back, no questions asked. But of course, greedy promoters and bands never would agree to that.

That's cool, didn't know that was an option. Makes complete sense and IMO the promoters should be OK with it. You know there would be some folks who couldn't get tickets that would show up at the box office the day of in hopes.

As for scalping, here's a way to solve it for intimate shows at least (and maybe all shows perhaps). Each fan club member gets one ticket. I know, I know, that sucks, but hear me out. It really is the only way to prevent scalping. Each member gets a ticket with their name on it. When you show up you present the ticket with your ID. Same each time you re-enter the venue and/or section (general admission). Yeah, I guess you can get a fake ID made, but many states now have sophisticated IDs. They can run them through those machines that will indicate if it's fake or not.

That's all good. But what if you can't make it? Then you're out of 250 $ and somebody else can't get a ticket because it went to someone, who can't attend after all.

I hear you, that's the rub. But really, the only way to completely avoid scalping.

Well... the answer would be if promoters would agree to take tickets back. Strangely enough that's what they did at the Rolling Stones show in Vienna two years ago. You had to pay 5 extra and they would take your ticket back, no questions asked. But of course, greedy promoters and bands never would agree to that.

I flew out to San Fran this September to check out AC/DC's stadium tour. I remember looking at a couple other venues they were going to and I can't remember where but one of the stadiums had a rule if you bought in the first 20 rows from the stage it was a 4 ticket max and the only way to get your ticket was day of show at will call with an ID. AT&T Park wasn't that way as it was all GA on the ball field.

Exactly same scenario I mentioned with Metallica. But in this case the other 3 tickets can be scalped! In the example with Metallica the other ticket was scalped.

Scalping's incredibly easy to stop but nobody has any incentive to bother. If you think about it the Vegas shows have sold out but there are shitloads of tickets on stub hub already. The band, the venue and the promotors don't care though because even if the shows are half empty they've already been paid.

Glastonbury festival in the UK sells about 200,000 tickets every year and touts don't get any of them. Simple reason is that you need to register on their site with a photograph of yourself before you can buy a ticket and your photo is printed on the ticket so it's no use to anybody else. Simple really.

For example.

2548353052_13f316518c.jpg

That's so funny because I was just wondering if there was a way to print the photos on the ticket. Looks like it is already happening. Awesome!

[quote name="troccoli" post="4084663" timestamp="d after all.

I flew out to San Fran this September to check out AC/DC's stadium tour. I remember looking at a couple other venues they were going to and I can't remember where but one of the stadiums had a rule if you bought in the first 20 rows from the stage it was a 4 ticket max and the only way to get your ticket was day of show at will call with an ID. AT&T Park wasn't that way as it was all GA on the ball field.

Exactly same scenario I mentioned with Metallica. But in this case the other 3 tickets can be scalped! In the example with Metallica the other ticket was scalped.

Yes in theory 3 tickets could be sold but a scalper will have to go to the arena day of show pickup tickets only to scalp all 4 at the most. Scalping that way is not our problem. Our problem is the bots online and people a thousand miles away selling tickets at large without leaving the couch. If it was only foot traffic scalpers by far many more real fans would have gotten tickets from axs at face and not stubhub for a premium price.

I see them having an opener just so Axl can go on slightly later...9:30 might be too early for him in Vegas

I've seen him there 4 times and he wasn't on stage before midnight at any of the shows :lol: That's why I'm almost sure there will be an opening band, so that Axl can hit the stage at 11-something and not really be late....