04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I think Civil War will be an absolute highlight in the set. knowing how well slash plays it recently, and Axl pulls it off fairly well.

I can't even begin to pick highlights. I'm so beyond excited for Jungle. I think Its So Easy will be awesome. Nightrain, Paradise City, Patience, You Could Be Mine, Civil War as you say. November Rain will be monstrous. I really can't picture a set where I'm not beyond floored by it. They are all such good songs, and seeing Slash play them with Axl and Duff really seems like its gonna be special. As long as Axl sounds pretty good, I think the whole set is gonna be a highlight.

And thats not even bringing into account stuff they might do like Bad Obsession and stuff like that that NONE of them have done in 20 years.

How many different songs do you think we can expect from night 1 to night 2? I'm hoping for 3-5.

In a dream scenario, I'm hoping for like 10. I am hoping they expect many repeat customers and do use it as a test show. Thats fine with me. We're devoted. Just to hear them attempt stuff live would be awesome to see. To me, 3-5 different songs should be the minimum, but I might be getting my hopes way too high. I guess in the end it would make more sense that they do similar shows so they really fine tune the songs they're gonna do for Coachella.

If they do shit like Coma or Locomotive night 2 I'll be so mad

Night 1 also better have Estranged

I have to imagine Jungle, Easy, Nightrain, Brownstone, Paradise City, Sweet Child, Patience, Live And Let Die, Don't Cry, November, Civil War, Heaven's Door, Estranged and You Could Be Mine would be both nighters. I can't really picture a show without those. So thats 14 right there. That leaves maybe 7 songs left they could do?

I agree with you, I'd go absolutely nuts if they did stuff like Coma or Locomotive. But I'm also hoping for shit like Breakdown, Yesterdays, Dead Horse, Bad Obsession, Move To The City, Used To Love Her, Rocket Queen and Out Ta Get Me as well. There's no way they play all of it, but if they played those 14, and switched up like 5 of those remaining 7 between the two nights I'd be very happy.

Then again, between all those suggestions, I just named basically half of their catalogue lol!

Gotta factor in 2-3 Chi Dem songs as well. A different opening act (assuming there is one and I do think there will be) each night would be sweet. Yeah they don't need one but then Axl can come on at midnight and we will only have an hour or so wait between bands.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Gotta factor in 2-3 Chi Dem songs as well.

I couldn't even factor those in yet just cause I'm still of that opinion that you do those you have to do VR or a compromise on some Slash and Duff material too. But thats a story for a different day. I'd be absolutely fine if they did Chinese, There Was A Time and This I Love.

I couldn't even factor those in yet just cause I'm still of that opinion that you do those you have to do VR or a compromise on some Slash and Duff material too. But thats a story for a different day. I'd be absolutely fine if they did Chinese, There Was A Time and This I Love.

I'd love to see them do TWAT but Chinese Democracy is an utter turd of a song.

I've always been in the minority of thinking thats the ONLY Guns song on the whole record lol. Its nothing special, but I like Axl's vocal delivery and think its just a really cool straight ahead rock track. In all honesty, I don't really care about Slash playing This I Love. I'd much prefer to hear Prostitute or IRS or other songs first, but I know how many feel about the TIL guitar.

I've always been in the minority of thinking thats the ONLY Guns song on the whole record lol. Its nothing special, but I like Axl's vocal delivery and think its just a really cool straight ahead rock track. In all honesty, I don't really care about Slash playing This I Love. I'd much prefer to hear Prostitute or IRS or other songs first, but I know how many feel about the TIL guitar.

It's not that it's offensive as such, just that it has a fucking great intro then goes absolutely nowhere.

It's not that it's offensive as such, just that it has a fucking great intro then goes absolutely nowhere.

The only CD songs I give them permission to play is This I love, Better and Madagascar. But really, I'd rather they not... there are so many other songs that haven't been played in years.

I don't get the people saying "if they play CD songs then they should play VR songs". Why would they? CD was released as a GNR album, and the majority of people on stage will have played on the album (assuming it's hybrid lineup for these shows), Duff played some of the songs and Slash is capable of turning them into more "GNR sounding" songs... I like the album and I'm genuinely curious to see what Slash would do with it.

I don't get the people saying "if they play CD songs then they should play VR songs". Why would they? CD was released as a GNR album, and the majority of people on stage will have played on the album (assuming it's hybrid lineup for these shows), Duff played some of the songs and Slash is capable of turning them into more "GNR sounding" songs... I like the album and I'm genuinely curious to see what Slash would do with it.

We can't keep getting into it. Its been talked about enough. Just because it says Guns N Roses on the title doesn't mean its GNR to many fans. I'm not forking over money to hear them play CD. I'm forking over money to hear them play Appetite, Lies and Illusions. And maybe some new songs, but I'm not holding my breath.

As much as you're curious to see what Slash would do with CD, many are curious to see what Axl could do with VR or Slash's solo songs, which to many, myself included, are all around better songs than Chinese. To me and others, anything after 1993 in terms of studio material should be fair game. It probably won't be, but I do think its insane for Slash and Duff to abandon the music they've made over the last 20 years since the breakup in favor of Axl's less than stellar songs, simply because they were released under the Guns name. I would really respect them if they combed through their catalogues and pulled out the best CD songs that work for Slash and the best VR songs that work for Axl. That would show growth, which is why it probably won't happen with this band. But we won't keep getting into it here about CD vs. everything.