04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I'll let you guys know what the view from the front row looks like.

I will be there also just not sure if i can stand in the same spot for like 6hrs or however long lol
In my younger years I'd be there. I'll be in my reserved spot both night (LOL). You front rowers- bring your A game. Be wild....let Axl feed off your energy!

Gotta factor in 2-3 Chi Dem songs as well.

I couldn't even factor those in yet just cause I'm still of that opinion that you do those you have to do VR or a compromise on some Slash and Duff material too. But thats a story for a different day. I'd be absolutely fine if they did Chinese, There Was A Time and This I Love.

2 or 3? That would be terrible.. Ok, maybe one half way through so I can take a piss break.

I think the obvious question is this:

Will they or will they not give Axl more reggae during KOHD?

hahah hopefully not.. I would love to hear a stripped down 87/88 version.

. I'm forking over money to hear them play Appetite, Lies and Illusions. And maybe some new songs,

Me too

You front rowers- bring your A game. Be wild....let Axl feed off your energy!

This goes for everyone in the house!

I'm still waiting for someone with any artistic skills to take me up on my suggestion of creating a banner. Granted it will be hung from section 210 and 218 but if it's big enough,they just might see it! It should say MYGNRFORUM and then a song that there is a realistic chance of them playing like Dead Horse. I'm in Row B both nights, I don't think it'll be hard to hang and it won't block anyone's view.

Edited by Subtle Signs

I'm still waiting for someone with any artistic skills to take me up on my suggestion of creating a banner. Granted it will be hung from section 210 and 218 but if it's big enough,they just might see it! It should say MYGNRFORUM and then a song that there is a realistic chance of them playing like Dead Horse. I'm in Row B both nights, I don't think it'll be hard to hang and it won't block anyone's view.

We would have to vote for the song! "Think About You" mutha' Fuckahs!!! \m/

• Like 1

We would have to vote for the song! "Think About You" mutha' Fuckahs!!! \m/

That's something they'd possibly play. In theory if GNR were like Pearl Jam where they could just bust out songs at a moments notice due to a fan sign that would be awesome. I've often heard GNR can't do that to pyro/lighting cues but at these shows it'd be the perfect time to test out songs for the upcoming tour. Even if they have those cues,having three or four slots for fan requests or whatever they feel like playing would be great.

I personally don't have a bit of artistic ability, but the wife does, so I'll ask. I'm next to you on the 9th in 211, so I guess we could try for sec 210, 211 and 218 on the 9th. As far as the 8th goes, I'm just there to have a great time and it's all about that! Someone mentioned earlier about trying to have someone periscope the show, if someone that's going to Vegas for the shows and wants to borrow my Google Glasses and livestream the show, they're welcome to them.

I personally don't have a bit of artistic ability, but the wife does, so I'll ask. I'm next to you on the 9th in 211, so I guess we could try for sec 210, 211 and 218 on the 9th. As far as the 8th goes, I'm just there to have a great time and it's all about that! Someone mentioned earlier about trying to have someone periscope the show, if someone that's going to Vegas for the shows and wants to borrow my Google Glasses and livestream the show, they're welcome to them.

Great! Then we can have a Forum vote as to what song should be on the banner! That's awesome of you to offer your glasses for someone to wear. I think I'd be too far away and moving my head too much to do it but maybe someone will take one for the team and wear them.

Ugh, I LOVE Dead Horse. Its in my top 5 favorite Guns songs and probably my favorite on Illusion. I don't think there's any shot of them playing that. In my mind, thats up there with the most demanding songs for Axl to sing, along with something like Perfect Crime. I just do not think he could pull it off and I think it would shred him. Again, there's nothing more in the world I'd want to be wrong about since I adore the song, but you said realistic and I don't think Dead Horse could be further from that.

The issue is we don't know what they're gonna play. To me, a perfect realistic song to request would be Bad Obsession. Easy on Axl's vocals and it was a staple from that time. But for that reason, it may very well be back in the set. I won't be shocked if its not there, just cause none of them have played it in 20 years, but if it is I'd absolutely think it makes sense. I don't know what else there is for them to play that that could be realistic. Locomotive? Maybe cause the vocals aren't killer but its an 8 minute song you have to be ready to play. Breakdown? You gotta rehearse that one. Same with Coma, Bad Apples, etc. I don't really see what they could bust out.

Play anything but Think About You. Please.

The hate this song gets sometimes baffles me. Love that song, would welcome it w/ open arms back into the set.

I don't not like the song, but if I had to pick my least favorite song on Appetite, its probably that. Realistically, its gotta be that, Anything Goes and You're Crazy. But You're Crazy is excellent, Anything Goes I've always really enjoyed, and Think About You is good, but by default its my least favorite. I don't particularly need to see it live. UNLESS Izzy loves it and wants to play it, in which case if it gets him to show up, by all means play it 5 times lol.

Let's say somehow a set list or rehearsal list leaks a few days before the show. Well,first of all I hope there's a whole separate thread for it for those of us who want to avoid spoilers. Would you look? I wouldn't.

Never. Part of the fun for me of going to this first show is its one of the rare times the set can't be spoiled for me. I'm seeing it all unfold live as it happens. Part of the excitement is not knowing what the fuck this lineup is gonna play next.

Edited by gunsfanoldie
  • Like 1

Great! Then we can have a Forum vote as to what song should be on the banner! That's awesome of you to offer your glasses for someone to wear. I think I'd be too far away and moving my head too much to do it but maybe someone will take one for the team and wear them.
They aren't that bad to wear, no where near as bad as they were made out to be. We were working on Glass leading into CES in Vegas last year and Google temporarily, now permenately put a hold on the project. They were replaced with the last version of Glass with the better battery life and the few times I've used them I could get 2-3 hours of streaming without issue. So, here they are and if someone wants to take a shot at live streaming the shows, it's fine by me and they're more then welcome to use them.

39uNnO2.jpg

Let's say somehow a set list or rehearsal list leaks a few days before the show. Well,first of all I hope there's a whole separate thread for it for those of us who want to avoid spoilers. Would you look? I wouldn't.

I hope they don't use a setlist but rather a song list they pick from and change it up depending on what they feel like, yes I would look lol

• Like 1

Songs I think will be added for the reunion are: out at get me, think about you, my Michelle. Classic Kohd, you're crazy, and civil war. Obviously most of these have been played at times, but I think they will consistently show up under the reunited lineup.

So we will likely see: wttj, ise, mr. Brownstone, rocket queen, live and let die, estranged, otgm, my Michelle, think about you, Kohd, scom, ycbm, nr, civil war, don't cry, nightrain, you're crazy, patience, and pc.

Anything more than this will be a welcome surprise, but the above set list is what I expect.

I'm hoping for a tight 2 hour hit packed show. They can bring out some more obscure stuff down the line. Don't try and pull off anything crazy the first nights. The press will be looking for anyway to rip this apart. Let's get the good reviews now so we get the world tour and many more chances to see them, and possibly some new music somewhere in the future.