04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

I'd much rather have a CD song than Think About You.

Yeah- just what the crowd wants....after 25 years, we want Axl, Slash, Duff and because we know they will be there Matt/Steven and Izzy to crank out some CD. LOL

CD was awesome! lol ;)

I actually like/don't mind a couple songs like Better, SOD and TWAT. But in Vegas- no thanks! Edited by Estranged1

Said no one ever...

Pretty much. Then again we have had 30 years to grow up with AFD (if you are old like me) At a show a few years back I sat in the same row with a kid (well teenager)whose first exposure to GNR was through ChiDem so he too may have preferred a CD song to TAY. I'm personally hoping for as much UYI material as possible. With Slash and Duff back,if we aren't going to hear new material yet,they may as well bust out lots of UYI since pretty much all of AFD has been played over the last ten years.

They should let the fans at the show vote on a song using one of those hash tag text message votes but if they did that,Jabroni's would probably text in for SCOM even though it would be played no matter what anyway. The 10% of the show that is made up of hardcore fans would vote for Dead Horse ,Breakdown or Coma.

They should let the fans at the show vote on a song using one of those hash tag text message votes but if they did that,Jabroni's would probably text in for SCOM even though it would be played no matter what anyway. The 10% of the show that is made up of hardcore fans would vote for Dead Horse ,Breakdown or Coma.

Didnt Fernando say we should remind him of this ideas when they are touring again ?

Didnt Fernando say we should remind him of this ideas when they are touring again ?

Yes and it was my idea originally!

• Like 2

Just because it's on Appetite doesn't make it a good song.

Think About You is not a good song in my opinion and I honestly wouldn't want to hear it live. Same goes for So Fine and probably Shotgun Blues.

I'd love to see anything else though.

Yet they know what they are doing? Employing a Stones approach. There is an acoustic track recorded over the electric guitars - it is most obvious on the outro. It is akin to Brown Sugar. It is really a remarkable song. On face value a punk-pop filler, yet a song which epitomises what made appetite great, i.e. the guitar interplay, the stonesy grease.

Hello all,

First post here. I've been lurking this forum (this thread specifically) since the Vegas announcement (no way in hell I'm going to Coachella lol). Long time fan, (I bought AFD on cassette immediately after hearing WTTJ on WSOU radio in NJ), and this will be my 1st GnR show. Pretty stoked!

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the useful info. I managed to get a pair of decent tickets for Friday. Still undecided on going Saturday as well. As much as I'd like to, I'm just not sure I can afford it right now. We'll see what happens between now and April 9th :)

Anyhow, thanks again to all, see you April 8th!

• Like 1

Just because it's on Appetite doesn't make it a good song.

Think About You is not a good song in my opinion and I honestly wouldn't want to hear it live. Same goes for So Fine and probably Shotgun Blues.

I'd love to see anything else though.

I think the 2002 live versions of Think About You were pretty great. Lyrically it's some of the best, musically it's just ok.

Edited by jthunders13

Said no one ever...

All songs on CD are better that Think About You. Chinese is a good album.

"think about you" is better than most songs on cd. chinese isn't really a good album.
Think about you could be on CD and nobody would know the difference.

Lol are you serious? Totally different style.

Said no one ever...

Said hardly anyone ever....

Well I probably like everything on cd better than think about you too. Depends on my mood

Said no one ever...

Well I probably like everything on cd better than think about you too. Depends on my mood

Fair enough. Your certainly have a right to your opinion and may enjoy whatever you want.

I've been yelled at about this before and I'm certain it'll happen again, but TAY and OTGM have been my 2 bathroom songs for years. SCoM made it's way onto the list once DJ joined, but the other 2 have been on there for years.

My dislike of OTGM is well known among my friends. When they played it in 02, as soon it started my buddy leaned over and said "Can you grab me a beer on the way back from the bathroom?" when I was just about to ask if he wanted one because I was running to the bathroom :lol:

Said no one ever...

Fair enough. Your certainly have a right to your opinion and may enjoy whatever you want.

I love Think About You! but I was just watching There Was A Time and thinking how I would love to see Slash playing on that song. can't they just play EVERYTHING?

Said no one ever...

I love Think About You! but I was just watching There Was A Time and thinking how I would love to see Slash playing on that song. can't they just play EVERYTHING?

They could, but why would Slash want to play that?

I was just watching the RNRHOF induction again and Slash said something about how the band is still gaining new fans and there are many who haven't ever seen them (the classic lineup) play. I guess it hasn't set in yet since it's still two months away. I can't believe it's been 24 years since I last saw the real deal live in person and now it's finally happening. 

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2