04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

13 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

You mean they were doing things you thought they should do.  That doesn't necessarily mean they were doing things right (or wrong). 

Yeah, youre right, Im not saying they are doing it wrong btw, but, its hard to explain really.

25 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

They where doing it right, and suddenly they stopped. 

All the shows have been insta-sellouts (other than some tickets they are intentionally holding back for VIP/promotions, etc) so apparently they are still doing it right.

17 hours ago, tsinindy said:

You mean they were doing things you thought they should do.  That doesn't necessarily mean they were doing things right (or wrong). 

Why do you think 99.9% of other bands keep in communication with their fans about their band's future plans?

This is one of the biggest reunions in rock history. You actually think the band is doing a good thing by not talking about it with their fans? How is this better, for you as a fan, than if Axl did the Kimmel show and then the Big Three did a Rolling Stone interview and talked about how they came back together and what their future plans were?

As fans we don't have to proclaim Axl's every move as being the proper one. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Why do you think 99.9% of other bands keep in communication with their fans about their band's future plans?

This is one of the biggest reunions in rock history. You actually think the band is doing a good thing by not talking about it with their fans? How is this better, for you as a fan, than if Axl did the Kimmel show and then the Big Three did a Rolling Stone interview and talked about how they came back together and what their future plans were?

You're only a couple of States over now Apollo. You not gonna try to make Vegas?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

I didn't say if they were doing a good thing...or a bad thing.  I personally actually appreciate they aren't out there, everywhere and this isn't over-promoted or over-hyped.  However, do I feel they could do a bit more....sure!

As fans we also don't have to proclaim that because they haven't done or aren't doing something as the wrong move either.  It's just something we'd like to see them do.  Trust me I'm not "pro-axl"  I've never seen a nugnr show and thought Chineese democracy sucked.  Similarly I'm not pro any of the guys that left.  I'm pro-Guns N Roses getting back together and playing some shows and maybe making some new music if that's in the cards for them.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

I would love to see Guns N Roses do some press to see what is happening and explaining why now but then part of me wants nothing and it be more iconic when you see Axl and Slash on the same stage once more... Just kinda hope everyone doesn't get the cameras out and just take in the moment. Then again i will probably be annoying the guy behind me as I'll probably be jumping like a crazed loony after the 2 hour delay haha

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

You're only a couple of States over now Apollo. You not gonna try to make Vegas?

I thought about it. But I've seen GnR live several times. I will definitely go see them when they come through my state. But I'm not gonna pay for airfare and double the ticket price just to see the first or second show. Show #38 will be good enough for me. 

The only appeal for Vegas would be to meet up with a few forum members. Are you going? Lenny?

46 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

I would love to see Guns N Roses do some press to see what is happening and explaining why now but then part of me wants nothing and it be more iconic when you see Axl and Slash on the same stage once more... Just kinda hope everyone doesn't get the cameras out and just take in the moment. Then again i will probably be annoying the guy behind me as I'll probably be jumping like a crazed loony after the 2 hour delay haha

Understandable. 

I'm in the opposite corner. Axl and Slash have shared the stage several hundred times. In their prime. So seeing these two 50-year old multi-millionaires share the stage again to perform 25-30 year old songs that Axl has been touring for the last 15 years......doesn't really do much for me.  Now get the classic or Sorum lineup together to support a new album? Then I would get super excited. 

I am happy that so many fans are so stoked about this regrouping. I don't "get" why it means so much to adults to see Axl and Slash on stage again together. But people get excited by different things - so more power to them. Just not my thing. I am not friends with Axl or Slash, so I couldn't really care less if they are buddies or not  

I would be more stoked about an in depth interview or a documentary about how the boys got back together. That would be awesome. 

But to each their own!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Understandable. 

I'm in the opposite corner. Axl and Slash have shared the stage several hundred times. In their prime. So seeing these two 50-year old multi-millionaires share the stage again to perform 25-30 year old songs that Axl has been touring for the last 15 years......doesn't really do much for me.  Now get the classic or Sorum lineup together to support a new album? Then I would get super excited. 

I am happy that so many fans are so stoked about this regrouping. I don't "get" why it means so much to adults to see Axl and Slash on stage again together. But people get excited by different things - so more power to them. Just not my thing. I am not friends with Axl or Slash, so I couldn't really care less if they are buddies or not  

I would be more stoked about an in depth interview or a documentary about how the boys got back together. That would be awesome. 

But to each their own!

I would love to see a documentary film discussing and maybe behind the scenes on how the reunion came about like the Velvet Revolver special that was on VH1 years ago. I understand folk want to see much more but a lot of fans were too young to actually see them live back in the hey day as I have only seen videos and  have seen Newgnr twice, Velvet Revolver twice and Slash and myles twice so seeing the main band together will be special. Also i think its cause they were probably the last band to have members that  are iconic  like Mick and Keith, Paul and John, i don't think they are as important as those bands but you don't get those larger than life figures in Rock N' Roll nowadays.... well i don't think you do. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

Also i think its cause they were probably the last band to have members that  are iconic  like Mick and Keith, Paul and John, i don't think they are as important as those bands but you don't get those larger than life figures in Rock N' Roll nowadays.... well i don't think you do. 

Noel and Liam.

5 hours ago, Apollo said:

Well, I'm sure that closer to the Vegas shows, or immediatly after, there will be interviews. Right now, it's not needed. Tickets are selling and them not talking keeps the suspense. Everyone will want to know how they will be on stage. How their interaction will be. Do they get along or is it just a cash grab?

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chuzeville said:

Noel and Liam.

I think Oasis tour would be huge!! but i think some folk are getting tired of what Liam has become and that Noel has a opinion on everything (I actually find some of things he says hilarious) 

Talking about a Documentary! I would love to just see a documentary about Axl and what he has been doing since the 1994 when he hasn't been touring. 

13 minutes ago, SSHGUNS said:

I think Oasis tour would be huge!! but i think some folk are getting tired of what Liam has become and that Noel has a opinion on everything (I actually find some of things he says hilarious) 

Liam's voice was the main thing going for him, and he let it go to waste; and I think Noel pretty much lost it in the songwriting department. But this doesn't change the fact that they were an iconic rock n' roll pair in the 90s.

4 minutes ago, Chuzeville said:

Liam's voice was the main thing going for him, and he let it go to waste; and I think Noel pretty much lost it in the songwriting department. But this doesn't change the fact that they were an iconic rock n' roll pair in the 90s.

They are definitely the biggest British band in the last 20 years

I have got to say that I also find the whole thing slightly strange. To start with the video teasers then to have the Coachella regrouping announcement  made by a tweet? 

Its like there was an original game plan that has somehow been abandoned. 

I'm hoping current tactics change and information starts to be released, build some momentum. It's all beginning to feel a little flat.

The tactic right now is to finalize the NA tour and then promote the crap out of that to get people talking.

its too early to start the promotion train, you have 5 shows announced at the moment and 5 sell outs. That's easy, the hard part is going to be finalizing the money on the NA tour and getting every show to sell out. 

That will require promotion and when that happens we will start seeing much more I think. 

10 hours ago, Archtop said:

I have got to say that I also find the whole thing slightly strange. To start with the video teasers then to have the Coachella regrouping announcement  made by a tweet? 

Its like there was an original game plan that has somehow been abandoned. 

I'm hoping current tactics change and information starts to be released, build some momentum. It's all beginning to feel a little flat.

this

• Like 1