04/08/2016 - Las Vegas - T-Mobile Arena

James Bond

10 hours ago, Archtop said:

I have got to say that I also find the whole thing slightly strange. To start with the video teasers then to have the Coachella regrouping announcement  made by a tweet? 

Its like there was an original game plan that has somehow been abandoned. 

I'm hoping current tactics change and information starts to be released, build some momentum. It's all beginning to feel a little flat.

What do you mean the announcement was made by a tweet?

The announcement came out on Nightrain/gunsnroses.com simultaneously with the Coachella festival themselves. It came in form of the picture of the GN'R logo, with the festival background. Then quickly – within minutes, it was followed up by an official press release.

Axl made a tweet confirming all this yes, but that was hardly the announcement.

The game plan I thought was brilliant.

16 hours ago, Apollo said:

Understandable. 

I'm in the opposite corner. Axl and Slash have shared the stage several hundred times. In their prime. So seeing these two 50-year old multi-millionaires share the stage again to perform 25-30 year old songs that Axl has been touring for the last 15 years......doesn't really do much for me.  Now get the classic or Sorum lineup together to support a new album? Then I would get super excited. 

I am happy that so many fans are so stoked about this regrouping. I don't "get" why it means so much to adults to see Axl and Slash on stage again together. But people get excited by different things - so more power to them. Just not my thing. I am not friends with Axl or Slash, so I couldn't really care less if they are buddies or not  

I would be more stoked about an in depth interview or a documentary about how the boys got back together. That would be awesome. 

But to each their own!

It's not really about them being buddies again though. Don't you think people are more excited about the great musical dynamic between them, and now being able to witness that live again. Isn't that much of what music is all about, great moments?

But, them being friends again would most likely help their performances. Having two people who hate each other on stage together doesn't help on the dynamic/chemistry between them, therefore I care about them being buddies again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spirit said:

It's not really about them being buddies again though. Don't you think people are more excited about the great musical dynamic between them, and now being able to witness that live again. Isn't that much of what music is all about, great moments?

But, them being friends again would most likely help their performances. Having two people who hate each other on stage together doesn't help on the dynamic/chemistry between them, therefore I care about them being buddies again.

Maybe. I've heard Mick and Keith aren't buddies, Tyler and Perry aren't buddies, Axl and Slash weren't hanging out on Illusions. Didn't Paul and John not like each other? Honestly, dynamic and chemistry is extremely overrated in my book in terms of live performances. I don't think it effects a concert if the singer and guitar player don't give each other a hug during a show. 

I've seen a hundred live shows. And have no clue if the band members were bffs or not. Last show I saw was HCSS and I have no idea if they love or hate each other. But the show was amazing and they did the proper (and cliche) stage moves that every band does at every show. 

Two early 20s dudes, without enough money to eat, living off the street and with hookers, struggling to survive and make it with songs they just wrote .....:that provides an entirely different type of musical dynamics on stage than a couple out of shape multi millionaires in their 50s playing songs they made popular 25-30 years ago. 

Like I said. I'm glad some fans are joyous and view this reunion as a life changing event for them. It just doesn't have that same effect for me.  It's kind of like going to your thirty year high school reunion and banging the girl you lost your virginity too. That 46-year old 165-pound mother of three isn't going to give you That same excitement and spark as that 16-year old hard body ex-cheerleader did thirty years ago. 

But if those guys bring in Izzy and Adler and release a new album......then I will be the most excited person on this forum. 

4 hours ago, Spirit said:

What do you mean the announcement was made by a tweet?

The announcement came out on Nightrain/gunsnroses.com simultaneously with the Coachella festival themselves. It came in form of the picture of the GN'R logo, with the festival background. Then quickly – within minutes, it was followed up by an official press release.

Axl made a tweet confirming all this yes, but that was hardly the announcement.

The game plan I thought was brilliant.

What are your feelings about the last minute cancellation of Axl's appearance on the Kimmell show?

This tour doesn't need a ton of promotion, obviously. But I see it more in the terms of giving your fans information. 

I get that Axl and TB aren't fan friendly. But Slash and Duff have always been. Wonder how that dynamic will all shake out. 

I will download ALL audience shots from the Vegas gigs and I want to great a DAMN good Multicam Show. That's for sure

I do it for the gig in Mönchengladbach. It was amazing but some asshole flagged the video and YouTube banned this video -.-

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

What are your feelings about the last minute cancellation of Axl's appearance on the Kimmell show?

This tour doesn't need a ton of promotion, obviously. But I see it more in the terms of giving your fans information. 

I get that Axl and TB aren't fan friendly. But Slash and Duff have always been. Wonder how that dynamic will all shake out. 

I honestly think the Kimmel booking was done prematurely. I'm not saying Axl didn't know about it, but I think they might have changed media strategy on that one last-minute.

Since the press releases are pushing Axl/Slash/Duff together again as the main draw, I think they wisely avoids media for now. I do think the line-up has been clear to them from before the first announcement, but by purposely only mentioning three people in the press, leaving the rest of the line-up for the media and fans to guess about, it sells more tickets. They might need that if they're to play mainly stadiums.

Some might say that is deceiving the fans, but they haven't really done anything wrong. They have advertised this as an Axl/Slash/Duff regrouping, and that's probably what we'll get. Izzy and Steven might show up for some shows, but I think Richard and Frank will be the main musicians.

So the Kimmel cancellation, had Axl showed up, I think he could have been set in an awkward position, either sitting there refusing to answer certain questions, or answering them while at the same time sort of ruining the strategy they have.

I think, once the main tour dates has been rolled out, we'll see more press from the guys. Maybe even Axl back on Kimmel. More information about this whole thing will probably come as the whole thing progresses.

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

Maybe. I've heard Mick and Keith aren't buddies, Tyler and Perry aren't buddies, Axl and Slash weren't hanging out on Illusions. Didn't Paul and John not like each other? Honestly, dynamic and chemistry is extremely overrated in my book in terms of live performances. I don't think it effects a concert if the singer and guitar player don't give each other a hug during a show. 

I've seen a hundred live shows. And have no clue if the band members were bffs or not. Last show I saw was HCSS and I have no idea if they love or hate each other. But the show was amazing and they did the proper (and cliche) stage moves that every band does at every show. 

Two early 20s dudes, without enough money to eat, living off the street and with hookers, struggling to survive and make it with songs they just wrote .....:that provides an entirely different type of musical dynamics on stage than a couple out of shape multi millionaires in their 50s playing songs they made popular 25-30 years ago. 

Like I said. I'm glad some fans are joyous and view this reunion as a life changing event for them. It just doesn't have that same effect for me.  It's kind of like going to your thirty year high school reunion and banging the girl you lost your virginity too. That 46-year old 165-pound mother of three isn't going to give you That same excitement and spark as that 16-year old hard body ex-cheerleader did thirty years ago. 

But if those guys bring in Izzy and Adler and release a new album......then I will be the most excited person on this forum. 

At this point in time, I have a feeling that friendship matters more to Axl than money. They could've reunited years ago, but Axl has always refused, no matter how much money were on the table.

This thing now, I think comes as a result of them being friendly with each other again.

I remember seeing the first shows were Duff joined the band again in 2010, I swear you could hear that extra little fire in Axl's singing while Duff was on stage with him again. Although you have the relationships of Mick/Keith and Steven/Joe not being the best, I don't think that really works for Axl, not in 2016 anyways.

I agree about you analogy of the 20s dudes vs the 50s dudes probably having a different musical dynamic between them. But I was more looking at 50s dudes friendly or unfriendly. And I think with Axl, there is probably a big difference between the two in terms of stage show and vocal performance. An uninterested, going-through-the-motions Axl on stage isn't really what we all hope for.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2016 at 9:44 AM, t-p-d-a said:

I will download ALL audience shots from the Vegas gigs and I want to great a DAMN good Multicam Show. That's for sure

I do it for the gig in Mönchengladbach. It was amazing but some asshole flagged the video and YouTube banned this video -.-

Wow!! That is one killer fucking video in your signature! I didn't even know Axl still busted out the snake dance... I swear those 5 guys could take over the world again if they got together. Even if it didn't last long.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Ill be 5 rows in front of you.. You guys best be LOUD \m/

Always have, always will. I was up front for the show at the Joint in 2001 in front of Finck when I was 17 and they could hear me over the loud PA. Did you get lucky and get your tickets through the presale?

On 2/10/2016 at 0:20 AM, Stryker said:

Just bought airfare for the 8th. Flying out that morning and then pretty much turning around and flying back to MD. Got cheap airfare.

I'm gonna keep an eye on ticket prices for Friday's show, if I see them go any higher I'll just snag one, if not I'll be patient.

I'm the same way except on Saturday. I have a concert in Chicago on Friday night, then I'm flying out of O'Hare first thing Saturday morning. Seeing GN'R Saturday night, then flying back to Detroit at 11pm on Sunday.

My buddy got the tickets through one of the pre-sales. We're in section 10, just off the floor. It's at the opposite end of the arena from the stage but I actually like that because it's right behind the soundboard so we should get a great mix.

9 hours ago, grogmug said:

Always have, always will. I was up front for the show at the Joint in 2001 in front of Finck when I was 17 and they could hear me over the loud PA. Did you get lucky and get your tickets through the presale?

Yeah they popped up late on the citi card presale. I actually had the rear section of the floor at one point. I had all my shit filled out, hit submit and then the site just hung. I was so pissed. I usually like to sit a little closer than where we are these days but for this show I consider it a win.

just wondering if anybody knows how it usually works? do you think axs will release whatever tickets are left a week before the show? 2 weeks? a few here and there? will they announce it? i'd like to go but not sure if i should just get hotel and air then worry about tix close to the date?

13 minutes ago, PITBOSS said:

just wondering if anybody knows how it usually works? do you think axs will release whatever tickets are left a week before the show? 2 weeks? a few here and there? will they announce it? i'd like to go but not sure if i should just get hotel and air then worry about tix close to the date?

I can't speak for AXS but generally on Ticketmaster within a week or two of the show date they slowly start releasing unsold VIP packages as regular seats. Comp tickets also need to be picked up on show day by a certain time, so there's always those that get released on show day at the last minute. Sometimes it's worth checking on the box office when you get to the show - for a "sold out" Foo Fighters show I was able to upgrade my shit tickets the day of the show for fantastic seats, only paying the small difference in face value.

7 hours ago, James Bond said:

I can't speak for AXS but generally on Ticketmaster within a week or two of the show date they slowly start releasing unsold VIP packages as regular seats. Comp tickets also need to be picked up on show day by a certain time, so there's always those that get released on show day at the last minute. Sometimes it's worth checking on the box office when you get to the show - for a "sold out" Foo Fighters show I was able to upgrade my shit tickets the day of the show for fantastic seats, only paying the small difference in face value.

Good to know.  I may just settle for lower level seats if I can't get floor for a reasonable price and try to upgrade the night of the show.

8 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Good to know.  I may just settle for lower level seats if I can't get floor for a reasonable price and try to upgrade the night of the show.

That's the safest plan I think . That way, you have tickets anyways so if you have no luck upgrading then it's not like you're out of the show, but all the same you might luck out and get even better.

4 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Just bought my ticket.  I'll be in section 10, row 5 which is actually on the floor....but in the back, before the raised part of section 10.  Paid $420 for the ticket after fees....should be worth it.....:axl:

That looks like a good spot. I keep going back and looking at pictures of the arena being built on the inside, and it seems like the entire lower section looks like it will have a good view. I'm hoping my section 14 row v seats have a good view. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Just bought my ticket.  I'll be in section 10, row 5 which is actually on the floor....but in the back, before the raised part of section 10.  Paid $420 for the ticket after fees....should be worth it.....:axl:

I'm 2 rows behind you in the same section for 04/09

• Like 1