2016 Tour - Roll Call Thread

Powerage5

On 2/7/2016 at 11:28 AM, RussTCB said:

You'll noticed that I've added myself to 04/09......................................

I GOT IT WORKED OUT!!!!! See all you motherfuckers in Vegas!

Glad to hear it, see you there!  The first couple shows of a big tour are always the best.  You'll often see bands play songs early on that don't make it into the more stable setlists later. 

15 hours ago, sofine11 said:

Glad to hear it, see you there!  The first couple shows of a big tour are always the best.  You'll often see bands play songs early on that don't make it into the more stable setlists later. 

I wouldn't call opening nights of a tour "the best", but they are the most interesting usually. I've seen most of my favorite bands on the opening night of a tour (Maiden, GN'R, Alice Cooper, Rush, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, etc.). Rush and the Bosstones are the only ones I would say put on a legitimately good performance on the opening night. Maiden is usually sloppy as hell on the opening night (Though I always catch their opening night still since they have a tendency to drop a rare song after 2/3 shows and replace it was a hit that gets played all the time). Alice was okay the one time I saw him do an opening night; I saw him do two covers that he never played again, but also missed a few really rare original tunes that he added after a few shows. As for GN'R...Axl is usually off at the start of a tour and the opening night usually has a pretty safe setlist, but it's also exciting since you don't really know what will happen.

Anyhow, the list is caught up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I wouldn't call opening nights of a tour "the best", but they are the most interesting usually. I've seen most of my favorite bands on the opening night of a tour (Maiden, GN'R, Alice Cooper, Rush, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, etc.). Rush and the Bosstones are the only ones I would say put on a legitimately good performance on the opening night. Maiden is usually sloppy as hell on the opening night (Though I always catch their opening night still since they have a tendency to drop a rare song after 2/3 shows and replace it was a hit that gets played all the time). Alice was okay the one time I saw him do an opening night; I saw him do two covers that he never played again, but also missed a few really rare original tunes that he added after a few shows. As for GN'R...Axl is usually off at the start of a tour and the opening night usually has a pretty safe setlist, but it's also exciting since you don't really know what will happen.

Anyhow, the list is caught up.

Right, I just meant best as in memorable.  For better or for worse, the Alpine Valley 91, Vegas 01, Hammerstein etc. shows have always had the most eyes on them.  I'm sure things will be absolutely bananas around Vegas '16.

Edited by sofine11
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I checked flights from the UK a few weeks ago and they were gonna set me back about £1400 - just took a look now on a different site and their only £600 return, and flying from my nearest airport (just a 7 hour ferry crossing away lol!).

Checked gig tickets on Ebay and they were $1000 per night, now I've seen on Evo that they can be got for around $300 per night on stubhub.

I'm waiting on a client dropping £2500 in my account, which I'd promised to the missus, but tumbling prices make this all the more tempting even if Izzy won't be there. I'd have to bullshit the missus and tell her the client didn't pay me, oh and honey I gotta go away on business for 5 days <_<

Just not sure if my body could handle the ridiculous amount of travelling involved. The flight must be about 10 hours each way at least, plus 2x7 hr ferry crossings, and taxis/buses numerous times. Plus I won't sleep in Vegas I'll be so hyped :headbang: I'd basically be awake for 5 days straight and come home to a really pissed off lady :lol: Maybe I should start dropping subtle hints, and if that don't work I could outright lie and say Vegas will be the only 2 Axl/Slash/Duff shows so if I don't attend I'll never get to see them.

And wtf do I do if Guns do end up announcing another show pre-Vegas? For all this cash I could go to every show on their eventual UK tour so really confused about what to do :wacko:

• Like 1