2016 Tour - Roll Call Thread

Powerage5

3 hours ago, downliner said:

I checked flights from the UK a few weeks ago and they were gonna set me back about £1400 - just took a look now on a different site and their only £600 return, and flying from my nearest airport (just a 7 hour ferry crossing away lol!).

Checked gig tickets on Ebay and they were $1000 per night, now I've seen on Evo that they can be got for around $300 per night on stubhub.

I'm waiting on a client dropping £2500 in my account, which I'd promised to the missus, but tumbling prices make this all the more tempting even if Izzy won't be there. I'd have to bullshit the missus and tell her the client didn't pay me, oh and honey I gotta go away on business for 5 days <_<

Just not sure if my body could handle the ridiculous amount of travelling involved. The flight must be about 10 hours each way at least, plus 2x7 hr ferry crossings, and taxis/buses numerous times. Plus I won't sleep in Vegas I'll be so hyped :headbang: I'd basically be awake for 5 days straight and come home to a really pissed off lady :lol: Maybe I should start dropping subtle hints, and if that don't work I could outright lie and say Vegas will be the only 2 Axl/Slash/Duff shows so if I don't attend I'll never get to see them.

And wtf do I do if Guns do end up announcing another show pre-Vegas? For all this cash I could go to every show on their eventual UK tour so really confused about what to do :wacko:

Check with Dazy....I believe he got his tickets for like 400 (pounds maybe?) return from the UK....but connecting to Ireland first or something.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Check with Dazy....I believe he got his tickets for like 400 (pounds maybe?) return from the UK....but connecting to Ireland first or something.

In my experiences, flying transatlantic out of Dublin is quite a bit cheaper than flying transatlantic from anywhere in the UK. However, I haven't done that in a few years, as my cheapest option for flying transatlantic now is on Norwegian into/out of Oslo or Stockholm.

13 hours ago, downliner said:

I checked flights from the UK a few weeks ago and they were gonna set me back about £1400 - just took a look now on a different site and their only £600 return, and flying from my nearest airport (just a 7 hour ferry crossing away lol!).

Checked gig tickets on Ebay and they were $1000 per night, now I've seen on Evo that they can be got for around $300 per night on stubhub.

I'm waiting on a client dropping £2500 in my account, which I'd promised to the missus, but tumbling prices make this all the more tempting even if Izzy won't be there. I'd have to bullshit the missus and tell her the client didn't pay me, oh and honey I gotta go away on business for 5 days <_<

Just not sure if my body could handle the ridiculous amount of travelling involved. The flight must be about 10 hours each way at least, plus 2x7 hr ferry crossings, and taxis/buses numerous times. Plus I won't sleep in Vegas I'll be so hyped :headbang: I'd basically be awake for 5 days straight and come home to a really pissed off lady :lol: Maybe I should start dropping subtle hints, and if that don't work I could outright lie and say Vegas will be the only 2 Axl/Slash/Duff shows so if I don't attend I'll never get to see them.

And wtf do I do if Guns do end up announcing another show pre-Vegas? For all this cash I could go to every show on their eventual UK tour so really confused about what to do :wacko:

I told my mom Vegas concerts would be the only ones and I could not miss them otherwise I'd be depressed for life (little bif of drama never hurt anybody), that's the only way I could convince her it was a good idea to fly all the way from Brazil to see a band.

You should totally go so we can have a #TeamREALizzY meet up :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

Wrestlemania? Youre seriously trading the biggest show of the century for that soap opera shit?

Trading , no. Much more than that . Work coverage is a big one too. And I don't feel like going on my own. I will catch a couple of shows , if they tour . 

4 hours ago, batman007 said:

Damn Bono! Both shows and Mania!!! I will see you at Mania!

Yeah man it was a spur of the moment decision last night. My vacation for Wrestlemania is from March 30th - April 6th but when I get back I only work the 7th and 8th and then don't work again until the 13th so I thought fuck it, take the two extra days off, stop in Vegas on the way home.  Pretty excited for it. Will be an amazing trip. Wrestlemania & RAW in Dallas, GnR X 2 in Las Vegas. 

:headbang:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

This might be asking too much and it's up to @Powerage5 since he's running this thread but it would be cool if people would post where they are coming from and then that info is added to the original post next to the Forum members name. 

A few people have suggested it so far. The reason I haven't been doing it is because that's fairly labor-intensive to add all that info once the list is several hundred names long. On top of that, many people probably won't check into this thread once they've added their name (Or, at least not check anymore than the OP), so is it really worth doing if only 10% of the people will have that info? Finally, it will look very cluttered, as there would be no way to sort by location/distance. I know in the mod section we discussed the possibility of a crowdsourced interactive map several weeks back, which would be a much better way to present that information. I'll bring up that topic again in there and see if we think that's a feasible route.

Otherwise, OP updated.

• Like 1