That Metal Show on VH1 cancelled

gunsguy

http://blbrd.cm/JWNCUx

Bad news for metal fans: VH1 Classic will no longer produce episodes of That Metal Show, the hard rock/heavy metal talk show hosted by Eddie Trunk, Don Jamieson and Jim Florentine.

After eight years, VH1 Classic will not be moving forward with a new season of That Metal Show, VH1 confirmed in a statement to Billboard. We thank the shows hosts Eddie Trunk, Jim Florentine and Don Jamieson, and the entire production team for all of their hard work and their passion to connect with metal fans around the world.

Loved that show. No matter what you thought of Trunk if you liked Metal it was a great show to see your favorite musicians. Also loved how he had a guest guitarist in the crowd to shred going into the commercials..........and stump the Trunk was funny to watch, especially when he wasn't able to answer the questions the audience member asked, as it really pissed him off. Give the man credit where credit is due but he did know his shit of useless heavy metal band trivia......

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1

I only watched the Axl interview. I was surprised Jimbo wasn't more vocal.

I think he was probably just tired as fuck. Axl really made those fellas work hard for that interview.

I've forgotten why they were trying so hard?

It's Axl so I suppose they wanted to interview him badly cause the fact he doesn't talk much makes it more desirable and interesting imo. On top of that he was never boring to me and actually funny. I think the 2006 Trunk radio interview gave Eddie the chance to realize it is worth the hassle and it kinda comes with the territory and with Axl and also simply cause anything can happen in an Axl interview and that's what you want. With approval of the twitter questions beforehand of course. Brutally spontaneous.

Edited by Rovim