Adler to Play Whiskey A Go Go - April 1st

SmackMaster511

This will not have anything to do with the latest GNR-regrouping.

Yep. This solidifies more that he won't be involved in GN'R, IMO.

Why? I mean, I get that just because he's doing stuff outside of Guns is different than Slash, Duff and Axl. But it could go either way. Its set up perfectly, on April Fools Day, at a place that band obviously has history, and advertised as Adler and not GNR. They show up there, its a surprise (whether it was planned or not) and the place goes insane. Maybe it has nothing to do with Guns being there and is just a warm up for Steven to play live, before doing shows with Guns?

Of course, I could also see they scheduled the show to jump on the Guns bandwagon, and its a guaranteed sell out. I could really see it going both ways. More the way of its a rehearsal for Adler. Mainly because I feel if Adler signed something or is getting paid not to speak, it would also say he can't do shows. Why give Steven the freedom to play shows but NOT say he's in the band? Thats what gets me.

Yeah, this means Popcorn isn't on for Vegas.

I'd imagine they're still working on the possibility of him guesting somewhere down the line. Either that, or they're PRETENDING to be working on it, in order to keep Adler's mouth shut.

Pretty sad either way. Very clearly, he is capable of performing at least one of the songs for which he composed the drums.

Axl just flat-out hates Steven.

Here's what I think. I think with Vegas being on Izzy's birthday, he'll be there.

And then I think Coachella you get the original 5. That gives Coachella some big points for being the first, and maybe only, full reunion of the Appetite bands, and it gives Coachella something that didn't happen the week before. They've gotta have something up their sleeve if they paid 8 million for GNR and then they do warmup shows in an arena, which is SO much better.

• Like 1

You never know if some of the guys are going to show up to support Steven.

they don't give a damn about Steven, never have. They used him for his drumming and chucked him away like a used chocolate bar wrapper. Listen to Steven's interview with Trunk last year..he says Slash and Duff never call him and act weird around him. Is that how you treat a friend? No..that's how you treat someone that you dislike. The problem with Steven is that he was/is too nice to be in a band like GNR.

People go on and on about how Steven is emotional and should shut up if he wants a reunion. I say that Steven should speak his mind after all the bs he has gone through and how his ex bandmates have treated him.

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1

This will not have anything to do with the latest GNR-regrouping.

Yep. This solidifies more that he won't be involved in GN'R, IMO.

Why? I mean, I get that just because he's doing stuff outside of Guns is different than Slash, Duff and Axl. But it could go either way. Its set up perfectly, on April Fools Day, at a place that band obviously has history, and advertised as Adler and not GNR. They show up there, its a surprise (whether it was planned or not) and the place goes insane. Maybe it has nothing to do with Guns being there and is just a warm up for Steven to play live, before doing shows with Guns?

Of course, I could also see they scheduled the show to jump on the Guns bandwagon, and its a guaranteed sell out. I could really see it going both ways. More the way of its a rehearsal for Adler. Mainly because I feel if Adler signed something or is getting paid not to speak, it would also say he can't do shows. Why give Steven the freedom to play shows but NOT say he's in the band? Thats what gets me.

Adler is being shunned, its clear. I just lost respect for the regrouped trio.

It might not even be personal. Adler is way to unpredictable to be involved in such a (already risky) multi-million project.

they don't give a damn about Steven, never have. They used him for his drumming and chucked him away like a used chocolate bar wrapper. Listen to Steven's interview with Trunk last year..he says Slash and Duff never call him and act weird around him. Is that how you treat a friend? No..that's how you treat someone that you dislike. The problem with Steven is that he was/is too nice to be in a band like GNR.

People go on and on about how Steven is emotional and should shut up if he wants a reunion. I say that Steven should speak his mind after all the bs he has gone through and how his ex bandmates have treated him.

I think he knows he's not expecting to be part of a reunion except as a special guest for a few songs or if there's another residency and doing all of AFD.

I think they act weird around him because they are addicts themselves and see a lot of themselves in him. The probably tried so hard to get this guy help, Slash especially tried to get him into rehab. They probably don't know what to do and have just given up.

• Like 2

I think they act weird around him because they are addicts themselves and see a lot of themselves in him. The probably tried so hard to get this guy help, Slash especially tried to get him into rehab. They probably don't know what to do and have just given up.

Yep. Recovered addicts tend to distance themselves from those who dont get sober after a while. And just because they were friends 25 years ago doesnt mean they have anything in common now or want to be around him. Nobody is obligated to be someone else's friend forever.

I always wonder how Steven got this reputation for being nice. Guy has been to jail for hitting several women, has been high on national tv, and once left his entire band in Europe without any money or way to get home. And all he seems to do is whine about how everyone is mean to him...there is no acceptance of his own responsibilty it all.

• Like 2

Yeah, Steven is a wreck of a man, totally unpredictable and a neverending pain in the ass of anyone having anything to do with him on a longer basis then a 10 min interview. I find this holding Axl, Slash and Duff responsible and demanding of them to put their own dreams and plans in jeopardy or fuck up their own lives because one drug addict just can't seem to get his shit together simply ridiculous. Are you really so ready to give up everything for somebody who used to be your friend decades ago and now is a fuck up? I doubt it. Don't expect others to be saints, then.

And to lose respect for somebody just because they don't want to completely sacrifice for a long-time degenerated remains of a human being they once new is not a reasonable reaction, really. They've done quite a lot for Steven, it's enough. They have their own lives to live. They won't be here forever. And it all has nothing to do with anybody's hatred for Adler but all to do with his condition.

Yep. Recovered addicts tend to distance themselves from those who dont get sober after a while. And just because they were friends 25 years ago doesnt mean they have anything in common now or want to be around him. Nobody is obligated to be someone else's friend forever.

I always wonder how Steven got this reputation for being nice. Guy has been to jail for hitting several women, has been high on national tv, and once left his entire band in Europe without any money or way to get home. And all he seems to do is whine about how everyone is mean to him...there is no acceptance of his own responsibilty it all.

Cooker posted that, even though I agree with it.

if you listen to Adler on the trunk interview from last year , he describes his relationship with slash and duff to be bad especially with duff because he turned up drunk and sick to an event duff invited to play at. I think his drug problem has ruined his relationship with the band member and although the band members were drug addicts too that was long in the past.If Adler is able to play and is reliable in his current state then it is a dick head move to not have him play but its also understandable

They were in a band together 30 years ago and he was fired 25 years ago. What do they owe him these days? He's a drug addict, a pathological screw up, and he's spent 25 years ranting and raving to anyone that'll listen about how they wronged him. He constantly acts like everything is everyone else's fault and everyone wronged him and everyone owes him.

And, not only is he an unreliable train wreck he's an addict that Slash and Duff likely don't want to be around because it puts their own sobriety in jeopardy. He's just not important enough to be worth the risks that come with him.

Yeah, Steven is a wreck of a man, totally unpredictable and a neverending pain in the ass of anyone having anything to do with him on a longer basis then a 10 min interview. I find this holding Axl, Slash and Duff responsible and demanding of them to put their own dreams and plans in jeopardy or fuck up their own lives because one drug addict just can't seem to get his shit together simply ridiculous. Are you really so ready to give up everything for somebody who used to be your friend decades ago and now is a fuck up? I doubt it. Don't expect others to be saints, then.

And to lose respect for somebody just because they don't want to completely sacrifice for a long-time degenerated remains of a human being they once new is not a reasonable reaction, really. They've done quite a lot for Steven, it's enough. They have their own lives to live. They won't be here forever. And it all has nothing to do with anybody's hatred for Adler but all to do with his condition.

I agree with this 100%

Considering he got publishing money and bought a million dollar home, he's doing better than a lot of musicians.

He can still play drums and they know he's good for 2 or 3 songs...once they're off stage, they're probably not even going to see each other until the next gig. They'll probably all Tweet something out to the fans but that's about it.

Considering he got publishing money and bought a million dollar home, he's doing better than a lot of musicians.

He can still play drums and they know he's good for 2 or 3 songs...once they're off stage, they're probably not even going to see each other until the next gig. They'll probably all Tweet something out to the fans but that's about it.

I don't see why they wouldn't see each other. It's such a BS talk, really. There is a cliche that all reunions are money grabs and it's a given that if there is a reunion of any kind the members must hate each other. Childish slogan-based ungrounded repeating of what someone else ( usually knowing shit) had said that sounded cynical enough to be cool.

From what I know Duff and Slash always saw each other a lot on tours, both in Guns and outside, Duff and Axl must have seen each other very often on that last tour because we now have a reunion and Slash and Axl also talked to each other and spent time together back in the day contrary to what Slash later claimed being bitter and putting things in exaggeration (just read and listen to the old interviews - how come they so often talked about the other's view on different matters? Like would they know if they didn't talk? besides Slash back in the day claimed they would spend whole nights talking in a hotel room, so...).

Of course they will spend time together. Of course not every minute but I'm sure they will have a lot to talk about and why wouldn't they do that? Because it is against the rules of reunions? Ridiculous.

And if Adler is involved he will want to spend all of his time together with them, they won't be able to get rid of him and he'll soon change their lives into some kind of misery with loving them to death one day and hating their guts and throwing insults at them the other because they didn't let him play a song or didn't take him to a bar or whatever. I'm really not surpirised if they want that.

I'm guessing you weren't around when GNR were the biggest band on the planet or you wouldn't be trashing and downplaying Stevie's role in the band.

If you were around in the early days, you would know that there were five guys - NOT one, NOT three - but FIVE guys who together created this amazing sound and had this incredible onstage chemistry that hasn't been matched since. Technically, sure, there may be better drummers than Stevie and even better guitarists than Slash for that matter. But together - these guys had this incredible chemistry that made GNR what it was. Stevie had a passion - a fire - that can't be dismissed. Go check out the Ritz show, and you'll see what I'm talking about. Yes, he's made mistakes - plenty of them - and I'm certain he regrets them. But he deserves to be part of this reunion.

I'm hoping his silence means efforts are underway to bring him on for at least some of the songs - similar to what they did at the Rock Hall of Fame performance, where Stevie played some and Matt played some. It worked well. But Stevie DESERVES to be there - he EARNED it. And fans want to see him there.

• Like 2