Pyro or no pyro?

New GNR used lots of pyro. Old GNR never used any outside of the one time during Civil War in Paris. (Could be wrong but I've never seen any other videos of old GNR using pyro). And Slash/Duff have never used pyro post GNR.

Question is do you think they will use pyro for theatrics or just balls out Rock n Roll? And which would you prefer?

I myself like pyro in limited amounts but I don't think they will use any outside of maybe November rain

The stage design needs to be rebuilt from scratch. It's terrible. This is the main thing I want changed, I don't want to see Slash surrounded by that nuGNR circus show.

Remember those shitty webpages on GeoCities from the 90s? They contained every imaginable element; auto music, flashing gifs, flashing text, tiled background, etc. Like someone had vomited html on the page. That is what the nuGNR stage looks like. There is too much going on.

I've nothing against a few well placed effects here and there, but it's not really needed for GNR, and currently it doesn't look like any thought has been put into the overall look. Why does the GNR logo whirl around like an ad you'd want to block? Why are disco colours being used for a hard rock band? Are rope dancers really needed during NR?

There's nothing creative in that stage design. I want to say it's more fitting for a pop act, but truth be told, there are many pop acts who have more imaginative and cohesive stage sets. I hope the whole thing is torn the fuck down. Less is more. This is GNR. Let the music and artists do the talking.

Edited by Babooshka
  • Like 4

Good question, the staging needs to be changed, along with the video accompaniments (no F1 racing cars during YCBM). The pyro could stay, i don't think its needed as regularly. I like it when Jungle kicks in, and fireworks as they close out a gig with Paradise City would be good. Maybe November Rain outro solo too. Other than that, no real need.

This is a band who's energy and all out RnR charisma should be doing the talking.

I expect they will have lots of pyros, considering ticket prices and how big those shows will be.

The stage design needs to be rebuilt from scratch. It's terrible. This is the main thing I want changed, I don't want to see Slash surrounded by that nuGNR circus show.

Remember those shitty webpages on GeoCities from the 90s? They contained every imaginable element; auto music, flashing gifs, flashing text, tiled background, etc. Like someone had vomited html on the page. That is what the nuGNR stage looks like. There is too much going on.

I've nothing against a few well placed effects here and there, but it's not really needed for GNR, and currently it doesn't look like any thought has been put into the overall look. Why does the GNR logo whirl around like an ad you'd want to block? Why are disco colours being used for a hard rock band? Are rope dancers really needed during NR?

There's nothing creative in that stage design. I want to say it's more fitting for a pop act, but truth be told, there are many pop acts who have more imaginative and cohesive stage sets. I hope the whole thing is torn the fuck down. Less is more. This is GNR. Let the music and artists do the talking.

Stage was good in 2010 and 2011. I love effects and pyros but if they use them they need to be more serious. They had good flames in 2010 during Live and let die, and back in 2006 on bigger stages especially. I agree for disco colors, that was bad.

Good question, the staging needs to be changed, along with the video accompaniments (no F1 racing cars during YCBM). The pyro could stay, i don't think its needed as regularly. I like it when Jungle kicks in, and fireworks as they close out a gig with Paradise City would be good. Maybe November Rain outro solo too. Other than that, no real need.

This is a band who's energy and all out RnR charisma should be doing the talking.

F1 video and flame effects was great.

as long as great whites not opening

Oh shit. :lol: Shouldn't have laughed at that.

Actually just stumbled across and watched that night again yesterday.

Can't watch that. It's just too horrible. It's a wonder the band escaped. (Nope, the guitarist died. Got that fact wrong)

Edited by cooker

This.