Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

www.hipmunk.com is a great site for plane tickets

i've gotten really good deals under the "Express Deals" at Priceline on Vegas strip hotels, but you don't get to choose the place (just a general area and a star level), so if you want to be really close to the arena, that's not your best bet. www.trivago.com is a good option for searching all the hotels.

Book with Virgin Holidays stay at the tropicana :

*Denotes local charge.

One person must be aged 21 years or over in each room.

Virgin Holidays bookings are exempt from paying a resort fee (normally $25.00 plus tax) guests will receive the following benefits:

- Free high-speed wireless Internet (normal charge $12.99 per day) - limit two devices per room

- Two complimentary bottles of water in-room per stay

- Buy one, get one free well cocktail, beer and wine in the Tropicana Lounge from 5-8pm daily

- 2-for-1 show tickets to Laugh Factory Las Vegas comedy club and The New Illusions, $20 off VIP or Preferred tickets to Raiding the Rock Vault show or $10 off General Admission

- Free local calls

- Free 800 toll-free calls

- Free incoming faxes (10 per day)

- Free outgoing faxes (10 per day)

- Free photo copies (10 per day)

- Free printing of boarding pass

- Free valet and self-parking

Management reserves the right to cancel or modify inclusions at any time.

**************************NO RESORT FEES!******************************

Edited by Jonnyrose5

Book with Virgin Holidays stay at the tropicana :

**************************NO RESORT FEES!******************************

No resort fees at the Trop eh? That's probably the best deal for anyone going if you ask me.

Sure, the Trop is like walking into a time warp to the 70s but that won't hurt anyone lol

P5 directed me towards KAYAK before to look for flights and possibly hotels.

Flying from Baltimore and returning Monday, my flight shouldn't be any more than $200 round trip.

As for hotels, I stayed at the Hard Rock during the last residency for obvious reasons, but not sure where I'm staying this time yet. MGM would be nice but it's quite expensive.

Also, be very careful when booking your flights and check when the return times are. You may choose to return on Sunday so they'll have you set up for a red eye Saturday night which won't work out if you're doing that show. Just something to keep in mind.

P5 directed me towards KAYAK before to look for flights and possibly hotels.

Flying from Baltimore and returning Monday, my flight shouldn't be any more than $200 round trip.

As for hotels, I stayed at the Hard Rock during the last residency for obvious reasons, but not sure where I'm staying this time yet. MGM would be nice but it's quite expensive.

Also, be very careful when booking your flights and check when the return times are. You may choose to return on Sunday so they'll have you set up for a red eye Saturday night which won't work out if you're doing that show. Just something to keep in mind.

Hm, would be very interested in that flight from Baltimore for $200 round trip. That would far and away be the best deal I've found by $150. Does it happen to be that cheap because you're leaving on Monday? Trying to come back Sunday but if Monday is cheaper I would consider. I guess my issue is I feel paying ANOTHER night at a hotel on Sunday would even out the cost of just flying back Sunday. Would be very interested in that pricing though. I'm just now starting to get to the real meat of my flight and hotel plans.

Having trouble finding affordable flights from Chicago for that weekend. Last time I went to Vegas I flew Southwest and it was super cheap. Now? Not so much. <_<

Wow, Southwest is usually so cheap out of Midway because they have a hub there. I've seen some crazy price jumps and dips over the years with Southwest though, so I'd tell you to just keep checking on it for a bit.

Found a £300 return from the UK yesterday. Via Stockholm but still.

You're not going, are you Dazey? Well you do have a tattoo of gnr so I suppose you are fairly hardcore as fans go.

Still in two minds about it right now. Cheapest direct flights from Manchester are about £1400 for the wife and I. Tickets for the Friday are going to run us another £500 and then there's hotels and spending money. Reckon it's about 50:50 right now. :shrugs:

Found a £300 return from the UK yesterday. Via Stockholm but still.

You're not going, are you Dazey? Well you do have a tattoo of gnr so I suppose you are fairly hardcore as fans go.

Still in two minds about it right now. Cheapest direct flights from Manchester are about £1400 for the wife and I. Tickets for the Friday are going to run us another £500 and then there's hotels and spending money. Reckon it's about 50:50 right now. :shrugs:

I hope your wife likes Guns and Fuckin Roses and this is not one of those, (opens present) ''it is a spirit level; just what I've always wanted'' occasions.

Having trouble finding affordable flights from Chicago for that weekend. Last time I went to Vegas I flew Southwest and it was super cheap. Now? Not so much. <_<

Wow, Southwest is usually so cheap out of Midway because they have a hub there. I've seen some crazy price jumps and dips over the years with Southwest though, so I'd tell you to just keep checking on it for a bit.

Yeah, those were my thoughts. After spending nearly 600 on floor seats, I promised the wife I'd find us a cheap flight, and no luck yet. So far Southwest has us over 800 for round trip tickets for two. Fuuuuuck that!

Im flying from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I don´t know yet which is the best option. Directly to Vegas (well, not directly, but buying the ticket to Vegas) or flying to LA and then buy a ticket to Vegas (Southwest is a good option?)

I booked MGM the 8 - 10.

Right now the best price I'm finding for Newark, NJ to Vegas is $354 round trip. I believe thats the same price my friend found for him to fly out of Baltimore to Vegas, if I were to go with him.

Seems to be United. Southwest was giving me $530 roundtrip and I was having a hard time with Kayak, which was giving me the same but just harder to get all the fine details. I'd love something way cheaper with Black Sabbath was saying, but at this point $350 is the lowest I'm finding.

Yeah, those were my thoughts. After spending nearly 600 on floor seats, I promised the wife I'd find us a cheap flight, and no luck yet. So far Southwest has us over 800 for round trip tickets for two. Fuuuuuck that!

Right now the best price I'm finding for Newark, NJ to Vegas is $354 round trip. I believe thats the same price my friend found for him to fly out of Baltimore to Vegas, if I were to go with him.

Seems to be United. Southwest was giving me $530 roundtrip and I was having a hard time with Kayak, which was giving me the same but just harder to get all the fine details. I'd love something way cheaper with Black Sabbath was saying, but at this point $350 is the lowest I'm finding.

I wonder what's going on with Southwest right now, those prices are insane and damn near double what they usually are! Holy shit!

Southwest are big Guns fans and they're the only ones that know why we're all flying to Vegas lol!

But yeah, by their standards, they are actually one of the more expensive ones I'm finding. Tons are cheaper than them, although not by more than $200 unfortunately. Sad they used to be cheap. Cause I'll take a shitty ass flight at a shitty ass time, but in all honesty I'm not even getting the option to travel terrible for cheap like that.