Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

11 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Well, show me this, LGW via Dublin to Vegas trip.

Are you on fucking crack? :lol: 

What the fuck do you think half the last page was all about? :lol:

Edited by Dazey

7 minutes ago, Dazey said:

*Bangs head against brick wall!* :lol:

I hope Ax/Guns puts on a couple epic performances in Vegas...if not for me then for all the people traveling so far.  And I think my 3.5 hour flight is long....you guys are flying a loonnngggg ways.  Impressive!

My package has increased over $200 since booking it last week.  It's a big weekend in Vegas.  Guns N Roses 2 nights, plus the Manny Pacquiao fight...plus local shows like Brittany Spears, etc will all go on.

I know some are still waiting for better rates but from what I'm seeing, it doesn't look that way.

PLANE TICKET FARE ANNOUNCEMENT OUT OF MINNEAPOLIS::

:

Prices for Sun Country dropped for a  non stop flight if you leave April 4th or 5th it is $58 at 4:15pm and if coming back Saturday it is $124 thats all tax included. So if you are going to the Friday show and want to spend a couple days in Vegas you can do a round trip for $182. Pretty good price for non stop flight you don't have to get up the butt crack of dawn for.

Also Tickets out of Minneapolis for Delta just dropped another $75 per ticket today for same dates so I snagged up a couple of them as the at a killer rate at prime time slots. Due to it being I was suppose to go to Mexico with my lady but cancelled everything to see Guns instead I am kind of paying a little more for flights and a couple shows there as we are making this our vacation and to prevent any future dog house attitude (lol). I am glad she is so understanding. I paid $300 nonstop round trip for April 5 at 11:15am and leave Vegas Saturday April 9th 11:40am. Pretty great price for Delta in that time slot. 

Edited by oachs83

On 2/9/2016 at 0:39 PM, Estranged1 said:

I hope Ax/Guns puts on a couple epic performances in Vegas...if not for me then for all the people traveling so far.  And I think my 3.5 hour flight is long....you guys are flying a loonnngggg ways.  Impressive!

Im flying from Argentina. 

No direct flight. Hope to travel less than 18 hours...:facepalm:

23 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

My hotel rooms were 80 bucks less today and they honored it woohoo!

Yes, that's another thing.  Most of the reputable travel sites (I know Vegas.com does) have price guarantees on the hotel rates or the package.  So no real risk in booking early.

They don't guarantee just the airfare if you book only airfare.... but they will guarantee the hotel rates if you book just the hotel and they will guarantee the entire package price if you book a flight + hotel package.

So worth booking the combo deals early if you can.

Edited by Kasanova King

Yeah, I just hassled with Priceline on one of the nights I am staying. MGM's site was down for almost an entire day so I went through Priceline. The hotel dropped a couple days ago $60. I called to get a price match wow what a runaround. First I had to go to their sister company booking.com then it is obviously in another country very hard to understand for me but I made my way through it. I had to receive an email from them, send them the link to the better price (which was their website) and also a screenshot. Well I did all that right away and heard nothing for about a day. I finally called back and the guy told me this time since I have free cancellation to just cancel and re-book with the new price. He said it will take 5-8 days to get my money back that way. He said the price match was a hassle to do as I need to stay at the hotel, then save the receipt, then show them the price difference after the trip, then send them the images of everything, and then they will check into and give a refund. So I just cancelled and re-booked the same room but at a better rate.

11 hours ago, grogmug said:

I ended up paying 495.00 per ticket round-trip. The cheapest I could find and they are wanna get away prices both ways from KY...

Would it be cheaper to make the trip to Indianapolis for a flight? Is there more flight options there?

20 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

Would it be cheaper to make the trip to Indianapolis for a flight? Is there more flight options there?

I live in Indianapolis and have been monitoring flights since the shows were announced.  Right now prices just returned to the lowest I have seen which is about $400 direct flight on Southwest.  Maybe $20 cheaper if you fly on Wednesday 04/05.   Allegiant is $100 cheaper but they have fees for everything from saying hi to the flight attendants on up.  

Not sure it's worth $100 in savings to make the drive up here from Louisville...especially if you don't have to park a car at airport.