Vegas General Help (Flights, hotels, food, shows, etc)

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:
5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Switched hotels AGAIN lol

Foind a deal at the Monte Carlo for a few bucks less than my original Excalibur price and only 60 total more than Luxor. 

Was that a good decision?

Switched hotels AGAIN lol

Foind a deal at the Monte Carlo for a few bucks less than my original Excalibur price and only 60 total more than Luxor. 

Was that a good decision?

Awesome bro....that's where I'm staying.  I also researched the Excalibur, Luxor and the Monet Carlo (Reviews, asked people that have been to all three, etc) and from everything I heard or read, the Monte Carlo is much nicer....not to mention, it's the closest to the venue.  It's basically right next to it.

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Awesome bro....that's where I'm staying.  I also researched the Excalibur, Luxor and the Monet Carlo (Reviews, asked people that have been to all three, etc) and from everything I heard or read, the Monte Carlo is much nicer....not to mention, it's the closest to the venue.  It's basically right next to it.

Yeah, I am excited. I honestly felt a little better about the Luxor deal I found, but I figured this seems worth the extra 60 bucks from what people are saying. My share would be 30 bucks more so that isn't bad

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Coming from Boston MA.. I need all you Brazil and Argentina people to to show Vegas what the fuck is up!!!! My dream is to see one of my favorite bands in one of those places. The fans are so fucking insane and passionate.. Like me!

Yessssssssss!!!!

We are going to destroy the place! 

Hahahahah

Edited by ManuARG

14 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

13 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yeah, I am excited. I honestly felt a little better about the Luxor deal I found, but I figured this seems worth the extra 60 bucks from what people are saying. My share would be 30 bucks more so that isn't bad

Interesting to hear this from you guys. Question for you since you both, or at least Zoso, seems to be looking at the same places as me:

My flight I was gonna take got raised by $60, so I'm considering cancelling my hotel and doing a package for hotel and flight to maybe save some costs (or at least get my flight for the price it was $60 ago). In total, my friend and I were spending $920 ($367 for hotel and $277 each for flights). The packages deals I find for Monte Carlo is $1,033 total, Excalibur is $966 total, and Luxor is an $987. All a bit more than I was going to spend, although I'm open to all of them. For what I would have spent, is Monte Carlo the best place to stay? Would be cool to stay in the same place as others going. Those seem to be the three I've narrowed down, and since you guys have also been switching between them I was wondering about your thoughts.

Would Excalibur for $50 cheaper be much worse than Monte (essentially its saving my friend and I $30 each)? If they are kind of the same in terms of niceness I don't really mind staying at the cheapest, but just wondering why some people have switched or why you chose Monte to begin with (past experience there, venue location, etc.). Thanks in advance! So happy at the thought that my trip might be almost done booking. And has anyone heard of the Fortune Hotel? Thats way cheaper than the ones I just listed and my 4th option.

Edited by gunsfanoldie

Sometimes last minute tickets will show up even if a show is sold out on StubHub or Ticketmaster, they might be single seats or sections opening up. Even a show like this, it could happen. 

Sometimes concerts show up on here the day of the show, or if you're just in Vegas hanging out an extra day or two, want to see something cheap (other than Fremont Street). 

http://www.tix4tonight.com/

1 hour ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Interesting to hear this from you guys. Question for you since you both, or at least Zoso, seems to be looking at the same places as me:

My flight I was gonna take got raised by $60, so I'm considering cancelling my hotel and doing a package for hotel and flight to maybe save some costs (or at least get my flight for the price it was $60 ago). In total, my friend and I were spending $920 ($367 for hotel and $277 each for flights). The packages deals I find for Monte Carlo is $932 total, Excalibur is $880 total, and Luxor is an even $900. All roughly the same, Monte being a mere $10 more than I was going to spend initially and the other two a bit lower. For what I would have spent, is Monte Carlo the best place to stay? Would be cool to stay in the same place as others going. Those seem to be the three I've narrowed down, and since you guys have also been switching between them I was wondering about your thoughts.

Basically, it looks like I can book Monte Carlo for what my whole trip was going to be anyway and it'll be much nicer and closer to where I was staying, or I can book a tad cheaper and stay at one of the other two. If they are kind of the same in terms of niceness I don't really mind staying at the cheapest, but just wondering why some people have switched or why you chose Monte to begin with (past experience there, venue location, etc.). Thanks in advance! So happy at the thought that my trip might be almost done booking.

I researched it for weeks and even people that live in Vegas said the Monte Carlo is a much...much nicer hotel than either Excalibur or Luxor.  Bascially, on a whole other level of quality.   So that's why I paid a little more to stay there.  It also has a free tram that will take you up and down the strip...up to the Bellagio, etc. Its location is fantastic...and it is right next to the venue...probably less than 5 min walk to the entrance of the venue.

For the price, quality and location, it was the best overall value I could find. Definitely worth paying a few bucks more to stay there vs those other places. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I researched it for weeks and even people that live in Vegas said the Monte Carlo is a much...much nicer hotel than either Excalibur or Luxor.  Bascially, on a whole other level of quality.   So that's why I paid a little more to stay there.  It also has a free tram that will take you up and down the strip...up to the Bellagio, etc. Its location is fantastic...and it is right next to the venue...probably less than 5 min walk to the entrance of the venue.

For the price, quality and location, it was the best overall value I could find. Definitely worth paying a few bucks more to stay there vs those other places. 

Thanks King. I JUST edited my post (I forgot to do final price so damn resort fees bumped all these options up about $100) so its not exactly the same thing anymore, but the overall interest is the same. Thanks for maping it out. At least since we're screwed on the flight at this point anyway I can at least outline why it might be better to spend more. Again, many thanks.

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Thanks King. I JUST edited my post (I forgot to do final price so damn resort fees bumped all these options up about $100) so its not exactly the same thing anymore, but the overall interest is the same. Thanks for maping it out. At least since we're screwed on the flight at this point anyway I can at least outline why it might be better to spend more. Again, many thanks.

Just now replied to your PM. Pretty said the same thing about location though. Plus, like I told ZoSo, you'll all be closer to me at Ballys now so that'll make meeting up for drinking easier lol

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Just now replied to your PM. Pretty said the same thing about location though. Plus, like I told ZoSo, you'll all be closer to me at Ballys now so that'll make meeting up for drinking easier lol

Thanks Russ. Just responded. Again, I can't thank everyone here enough for the help. I'd rather just live on the street at this point for the whole weekend, but I do think at the end of the day all this runaround is gonna pay off lol.

• Like 1

Another question that just occurred to me:

With these "packages", do you know how they do the actual flights. I say now because my friend and I were booking with Spirit and you had to pay for the flight, THEN each seat, THEN baggage. For the package, is that going to be something we have to do later on, or do they just automatically pick the cheapest things for you? I guess I'm wondering if there's gonna be even MORE hidden fees after I book the package, cause at that point its probably the same price as if I just payed for my flight separately right now.

50 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Another question that just occurred to me:

With these "packages", do you know how they do the actual flights. I say now because my friend and I were booking with Spirit and you had to pay for the flight, THEN each seat, THEN baggage. For the package, is that going to be something we have to do later on, or do they just automatically pick the cheapest things for you? I guess I'm wondering if there's gonna be even MORE hidden fees after I book the package, cause at that point its probably the same price as if I just payed for my flight separately right now.

Once you click on the package, most sites will direct you to pick your flights, starting with the lowest priced option first.

Some airlines charge for bags...some both carry on (Frontier) and checked bags.  Roughly $30-$40 per bag....so pack tight.  Some airlines don't charge for bags at all (Southwest).

Also, make sure you book with a reputable site. From my experience, Vegas.com, Expedia, Travelocity and Hotwire all had the best rates but the price guarantee from Vegas.com and Expedia seemed to be the best.

Edited by Kasanova King

God please avoid Spirit it is a total joke and border line scam. They nickel and dime you every which way that it basically comes out to the same as others. From $10 for a boarding pass to $3 waters on flight. Stay away, where are you flying from and what days?

12 minutes ago, oachs83 said:

God please avoid Spirit it is a total joke and border line scam. They nickel and dime you every which way that it basically comes out to the same as others. From $10 for a boarding pass to $3 waters on flight. Stay away, where are you flying from and what days?

Yes, I've been told that but its just so damn cheap its kind of hard to do anything else. The next cheapest option is United which is WAAY more. For example, for Excalibur our total hotel and flight with Spirit is $966. The next cheapest is doing it with United which is a whopping $1,132! So each of our flights is almost $100 more, so its hard to resist. I know they nickel and dime you, and I've been skeptical the whole way through, but if you don't pack a backpack with anything other than clothes, don't buy seats in advance, you're saving a lot. I'm sure its a horrible flight, but $100 is $100. Unless I just really don't understand the full scope of it. Trust me, its not my first choice.