The British Thread

Snake-Pit

Just now, Dazey said:

Britain and Northern Ireland are pretty much the same thing. 

Britain=the island consisting of the nation states, England, Scotland and Wales.

Ireland=the island consisting of the states Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

Britain does not share a border with Ireland. The United Kingdom consists of a country called Northern Ireland, which in turn shares a border with Republic of Ireland.

7 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Britain=the island consisting of the nation states, England, Scotland and Wales.

Ireland=the island consisting of the states Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.

Britain does not share a border with Ireland. The United Kingdom consists of a country called Northern Ireland, which in turn shares a border with Republic of Ireland.

Same thing. 

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

So Northern Irish though under British Rule aren't British but Irish?

IDK.... India used to be British. Was a time when that was our country too, and is also why the UK's racially diverse since half the globe was British once.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

At least these people's heard of the UK...

(I've met people in America who hadn't heard of the UK, so this video isn't really surprising to me).

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Well, I'm from Soho Croydon so, y'know... It's all good in my part of the union.

'Tell a lie, they're pricing Soho out and Soho is going due to high rent demands and they're changing Soho/trying to save Soho.

http://savesoho.com/

Im still looking for a place to stay in London next year