The British Thread

Snake-Pit

... I know people needing to rent out too, even if it is for a couple of days.

'... Come to Snake-Pit's, the gym mat's there, hopefully you bought your own inflatable mattress because they're not supplied, here, take a suspicious smelling sleeping bag and when you take a bath, you'd get random crumbs of buds you never knew you had on you just floating around the tub with you and if you're thinking about driving here, then be warned, parking at Snake-Pits can be a nightmare.' ;)

I should run that ad...

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

... I know people needing to rent out too, even if it is for a couple of days.

'... Come to Snake-Pit's, the gym mat's there, hopefully you bought your own inflatable mattress because they're not supplied, here, take a suspicious smelling sleeping bag and when you take a bath, you'd get random crumbs of buds you never knew you had on you just floating around the tub with you and if you're thinking about driving here, then be warned, parking at Snake-Pits can be a nightmare.' ;)

*Please ensure you are up to date on your tetanus shots  

• Like 1

... First time I left the country was to Philadelphia and the mid Atlantic States there the second time I left was to Philadelphia (and surrounding PA' & places in NJ on the Shore), again...

Third time was recent, that was to Amsterdam (In North Holland, The Netherlands) by road via France & Belgium, fourth time was even more recent than that, to Amsterdam; the same way again.

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

''The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland'' (before 1922 it used to be just ''Ireland''), i.e. Ireland is not inclusive of Great Britain but separate.

So Indians were British and Irish were Irish under British Rule?

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

So Indians were British and Irish were Irish under British Rule?

Indians were never British during the Raj, basically because the British Empire never created any coherent inclusive citizenship plan (the French Empire pursued this further). Much of the Raj was not even under direct British rule anyhow but under the rule of princely rulers.

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

Yeah, I'm gonna go with "same thing". 

At no point in Ireland's history has Ireland been considered literally British, neither geographically nor politically; the height of Britain's involvement there, which would commence 1800-1 with the Act of Union and ending of the Irish Parliament, and end in 1922 with the establishment of the Irish Free State, makes this apparent in the political designation: ''...and Ireland''.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

At no point in Ireland's history has Ireland been considered literally British, neither geographically nor politically; the height of Britain's involvement there, which would commence 1800-1 with the Act of Union and ending of the Irish Parliament, and end in 1922 with the establishment of the Irish Free State, makes this apparent in the political designation: ''...and Ireland''.

S

a

m

e

T

h

i

n

g

!

!

!