Tour over priced for the demand?

For years I've seen the cool kids (with the cool haircuts) post how a reunited GNR won't be a big deal and nobody cares etc etc...we're about to see, and I think all of us old farts might have been right that this is going to be a big deal.

The presence of the new band members is a real wet blanket on things. There is also the fact we still have no interviews, press releases or anything from the band that would get across to the public that this GNR tour is different than any of the other tours Axl has been doing for 10 years.

Sadly I am beginning to realize how much he diluted the brand the past 15 years.

Had he not been masquerading as GNR all this time there would be a tremendous hype level that GNR were back together and playing shows again after 20 years being dormant.

Agreed. I think the theory that people only care about Axl and Slash is going to be proven very wrong. People are going to look at this lineup say 'who the fuck are these guys and why should I care about this?'.

• Like 1

Is anyone really fucking surprised about the tickets being $250? Did you all think the venues would make GNR a $40 a ticket band with all the baggage that comes along with a band as big as GNR? Hate to tell you jerks but it costs money for the promoters to insure these guys, hire sufficient security to handle potential riots and lastly a place big enough to house them and the massive amount of fans and everything that entails with having the biggest band in the world on earth at this fucking moment.

Personally I'd rather pay $250 a ticket and the concert not be as easily accessible to casual fans who wanna start shit in the mosh pits and throw beer. Anyway the theory is, the average person who spends $250 on a ticket is also going to have a job that can pay for that ticket that they wouldn't want to lose over a petty mosh pit fight.

I'll pay a bit extra to see my favorite band without some dicks throwing shit. Its not just the show, its the whole experience of going and the journey, these guys are worth it to me.

When/if they throw in some European dates, I won't mind the ticket prices at all. But considering the additional costs of flying to Vegas and everything else is just not an option for me at this time. So yeah, I'll wait ... and meanwhile hope for some livestreams :D

Edited by Mango

The whole Axl diluted the brand name thing doesn't hold too much water. he toured frequently throughout those ten years and the majority of attendees were satisfied. I think if you read comment sections, and use them as evidence of a bands perception; you might end up a bit off the beaten path.

Yep, lot's of people talking about no Izzy and no Steven... but 10 years ago it was "without Slash it's not Guns N Roses!!!" ...well, they've got Slash... so in theory they have their "Guns N Roses". What I'm trying to say is that internet commenters will find anything, any big or small detail and run with it regardless of how good or bad the rest of the story is. That's just what happens when big controversial bands come around.

The ticket prices are a tad high though! maybe at that the price they would have been OK had they went ahead with the Kimmel appearance, or something similar just to prove things were on track, that Axl and Slash can sit beside each other without squabbling, blowing any hope of a long run. People are skeptical, they want to see a performance (tv or otherwise) and get some (not a lot, let's not over expose the "regrouping") press.

I still think the shows are going to sell fine, and tickets don't officially go on sale 'til tomorrow?

• Like 1

Just looked on ebay to see if anyone was selling tickets & found these.

New listing Guns N' Roses GNR Las Vegas 4/8/16 2 tickets TMobile Arena Axl, Slash, Duff etc!
  • AU $928.02
  • 0 bids
  • Postage not specified
  • 7h left (Today 7:11)
  • From United States
2 Tickets Guns N' Roses 4/8/16 Las Vegas Arena
  • AU $1,578.37
  • +AU $58.46 postage
  • From United States
  • Secton 7 Row 6
GUNS N ROSES PRESALE PASSWORD CODE LAS VEGAS 4/8/16 4/9/16 slash axl
  • AU $36.54
  • Postage not specified
  • From United States
2 Guns N' Roses TICKETS Las Vegas Arena 4/9
  • AU $3,008.40
  • +AU $51.15 postage
  • From United States Section 14 Row T

If you think tickets are expensive take a look at these, they're selling the code to get onto the site to buy tickets. That one really got to me, is there anything people won't sell these days?

This whole thing already seems like a disorganized mess. It's time Axl and his management team get off their ass. Show up on the late show, stern, rollingstone etc. Let people know what's going on and then properly announce the tour with dates and venues. This is what every other act does.

The first presale sold out in minutes

When the general sale happens it'll sell out, watch

Also, I hate to say it but the 100 dollar nosebleed is becoming the norm. It sucks.

Rush was like 80, Van halen was like 70, the Stones were 200, etc

What presale was that? There are still tickets available for the citi card presale. And by the looks of stub hub.. 90% of the tickets were just bought by scalpers.

Izzy will be there. Final call on Adler appearance next week.

Quoting this because Eddie here was dead on about the Vegas shows and says Mexico shows are next. I'm willing to slide some chips over to his number as far as him knowing what's coming.

Most bands are charging threw the roof for tickets. Not quite this high but still in the $200 range for floor seats and lower bowl. I saw motley crue on their final tour and tickets were $199 for floors and first part of the lower bowl. $150 for the rest of the lower bowl then $90 for upper deck with the back at $50. I saw kiss in 2014 and it was $80 for nosebleeds at the back. Can't remember floor tickets. Saw pearl jam and it was $80 for every seat no matter floor or in the back. I just hate it cause the last time i Saw slash from five rows back for $80. Last time I saw axl I paid $45 for mid lower bowl. Saw kings I chaos (duff,Matt,gilby) for $35. Saw hookers n blow for $20. So I saw the entire UYI lineup for $180 at four seperate shows and paid $800 for two tickets to each Vegas show

I don't know. I go to a lot of concerts. I saw the Crue 4 times on he final tour and tickets weren't as high as the show you saw. The last one was about 20 rows from the stage on the floor and it was $140 after charges. I have seats in Section 1 for the final Sabbath tour and they were $175 after charges and that was expensive.. Van Halen's last tour, the tix were $175 after charges and the venues were half empty..

Ticket prices do suck these days but these ones are outrageous. $300 a pop for good seats after the surcharges?

So far, this is where I stand. I would pay about £50-60, which is about $70-80, and see this once if it came to the United Kingdom; and no, I would not ''get onboard the Nighttrain'' but buy the ticket through normal methods - if I miss out (which I do not think will happen), so be it. The problem is line-up uncertainty (i.e. the presence of nugnr hacks) has diluted the excitement for me as has questions about Axl's voice, which has been dreadful since 2011. Chuck in Izzy and either Matt or Adler, removing the hacks, and a decent innings by Axl at Vegas/Coachella and my support would instantly go up, trying to see two-three shows instead.

But I would certainly see this once if it came in proximity to me - as things stand.

All VIPs still available, does that warrant this comeback a commercial failure already? ;-D

I found some VIP tickets available, the price is through the roof though. Obviously no meet and greet this time, did they have all this back in the early 1990s or is this a more recent thing?

All VIPs still available, does that warrant this comeback a commercial failure already? ;-D

I found some VIP tickets available, the price is through the roof though. Obviously no meet and greet this time, did they have all this back in the early 1990s or is this a more recent thing?

I do not honestly remember any of this 'VIP culture' when I used to regularly go to shows in the 1990s - early naughties. It seems to have cropped up in the last ten years. VIPs were traditionally friends/family of the artists, competition winners or fan club members (as in the case of Metallica).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Izzy will be there. Final call on Adler appearance next week.

Quoting this because Eddie here was dead on about the Vegas shows and says Mexico shows are next. I'm willing to slide some chips over to his number as far as him knowing what's coming.

I also remember Eddie calling the 2nd Vegas residency. Perhaps Eddie really is a legit insider :o

• Like 1

strange that many people think that Axl have failed with Nugnr.. i mean he (Axl) toured very succesfully from 2006-14 and Guns became tour of the year etc.. so i don't get why many people think it failed? maybe they've read too many shitty magazines.. sure, it was not like the UYI tour (of course!)

anyhow, i hope that the Vegas show turn out well and that you lucky guys that can be there have a blast :headbang: I'll just have to wait and hope for a European tour =) and to all those whiners out there :fuckyou: there are many people that does not have the chance to see them in Vegas or Coachella so stop complain and be happy that Slash,Axl,Duff are finally playing together again.

As long as fanclub members and VIPs get prime seats, it's fine, but....2500 dollars per ticket for VIP??

It's not Team Brazil setting the prices, it's a combination of factors that set the price, but most of it has to do with it being the opening of the arena.

I'd look into who the sponsors of the box seats are, sometimes people wind up getting tickets through corporate connections.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/2016/jan/19/guns-n-roses-announce-two-las-vegas-concerts/

This doesn't get the next generation of fans in to enjoy the show, instead it's going to be a bunch of older people whining about people not sitting down in front of them and fights breaking out because someone knocked into their 15 dollar beer.

Fair price for a reunion is 120-150 to get into the building.

Right now they can get away with charging what they want because there's no set tour. How many shows did Cream do, 6? They could add a third show. They could easily add a Stagecoach date as well as the ones at Coachella.

What works against it in a way is GNR having been around for the past 6 years and Axl doing the songs in smaller venues, and if the fans who have been going to the shows in recent years are getting the same setlist? They're not going to be happy about it, Slash or not.

I do not honestly remember any of this 'VIP culture' when I used to regularly go to shows in the 1990s - early naughties. It seems to have cropped up in the last ten years. VIPs were traditionally friends/family of the artists, competition winners or fan club members (as in the case of Metallica).

KISS has been doing it since the early 2000s. I believe they were among the first. Many bands followed suit with the "meet and greet" business. As someone who has done the KISS one, I must say they truly do it right. You meet the band, watch the soundcheck, get autographs, great seats, and so on. They don't pad it out with crap like "VIP drinks" and whatnot that has nothing to do with the band.

Nowadays, the venues and promoters seem to offer all kinds of "VIP" stuff with little to no band involvement. It's their way of making extra money off fans who are willing to shell out for the best seats in the house. Often they claim that VIP packages help them to lower the costs of the regular tickets which is total bull. Generally, in the days leading up to and including show day, any remaining unsold VIP seats will become just regular seats at regular price.

• Like 2

You guys are nuts. This thing is gonna SELL OUT FAST. Welcome to 2016 boys where GNR fans are in the PRIME EARNING period of their lives. I am pissed I didn't grab the early access Silver VIP GA seats for $650 each. They are ALL sold out for both nights.

• Like 1

Yes. It is overpriced and a slap into the face of all the people who supported the various GNR members over the years, no matter in what dump they played. But getting that out of the way, Las Vegas shows are usually the most expensive on a tour. So I'm not quite sure if those are the tour prices, but really to fill stadiums, they should have lots of cheaper tickets. And really fuck those fucking madly expensive "VIP" packages.

Yes. Any "VIP" who has to pay for it, is not a VIP. You are simply not a VIP if you have to pay for it. Just a douchebag with too much money and/or no sense for the worth of things. If you pay money for these packages you're either rich or love being fucked in the ass.

• Like 2