Tour over priced for the demand?

I've heard alot of people complaining about the prices too outside of this board. Look, I won't defend them it's alot. But at least they haven't been around in this form in 20 years. Sure original lineup would be preferred, but Slash and Axl is it for most.

And those complaining, still happily fork over $500 for the Stones, $200 for Bruce on his current tour, $150 for Tom Petty, Fleetwood Mac, the Eagles, and any other major touring band out there. As ZoSo said, this is simply just the norm, and I'd rather pay the premium to see Guns at this price than see Bruce for an 11th time at $200. So really it's about priorities. People complain about these prices, then hypocritically spend hundreds on other shows of the same calibre.

These are exactly the same prices, if not cheaper, than it would be to see the Stones in an arena.

again, those are all baby boomer age artists, they have alot more money to spend than the younger generation

and Bruce does not charge $200, his tickets top out at $140 and does not have the VIP garbage that other artists have, and I am pretty sure Petty does not charge as much as that as well

and please do not compare a legendary band like the Stones to this semi-Guns N Roses lineup

I think $250 is too fucking much for any band to charge to see them perform live. That being said, it's become the norm, and I'm not surprised at all that GNR is charging prices right in line with other major rock acts.

Last I recall, only AC/DC was charging reasonable prices.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but AC/DC in arena, at MSG, in April, is $140 top dollar. That's $170 most likely with all the fees. So unfortunately, AC/DC is now just like everyone else.

Yes, without question these Guns prices are too much. By $100 they are the most expensive tickets I will ever have spent on a concert. But it really is on point with most shows these days, and again I just think this one is a little more "worth it" than acts like AC/DC. I have to go with my gut that it'll be a once in a lifetime experience.

Diesel, what can I say? Maybe prices for him are different in Europe. He played an arena with Crazy Horse for the Psychedelic Pill tour and top dollar was $175.

Tickets for Neil's upcoming UK tour, in June, are all £55 ($78) - £73 ($104) including fees. I just checked the other dates, other than the one I am attending (Leeds) and they are all going for similar. I paid £71 for my Leeds ticket incidentally which is about $100.

Just to put this in perspective, Nugnr usually charged £50-60 for their UK arena shows. Kiss charge around £55 also, so the cheaper Neil Young tickets are about normal for an arena rock show in the United Kingdom. The Who however are at the higher end of arena rock, at £80. Metallica also were charging £70 on their Death Magnetic tour - and this was about six years ago so god knows what they would charge now!

Taking all this into consideration, that Neil is not unique and perhaps cheaper if you are willing to sit with the gods, could it be that Americans pay more for arena rock than their UK counterparts? I will just throw this question to anyone who cares to answer as I know there are a few people who travel globally to shows.

We wanted the best.....so we gotta pay for the best. Hope they deliver a couple epic shows in Vegas. For the prices- 25 + songs and hit the stage by 10PM. Which I'm sure part of the whole reunion/contract/agreement included a "don't fuck around and be an hour late" clause.

We wanted the best.....so we gotta pay for the best. Hope they deliver a couple epic shows in Vegas. For the prices- 25 + songs and hit the stage by 10PM. Which I'm sure part of the whole reunion/contract/agreement included a "don't fuck around and be an hour late" clause.

I've seen great bands for 25 dollars.

• Like 1

$25 bucks will maybe get you 2 beers in Vegas at a show...maybe.

No band is worth what they are paying. Especially now that they just jacked up the prices.. I have already talked to people around here that wanted to go when they came around. Everyone basically agrees that they don't want to pay more than $150 for a good seat.. Never mind fucking $390.. I have lost a lot of respect for Duff and Slash for being a part of this. Never really had much for Axl.. I kind of hope they fall flat on their fucking faces..

I think $250 is too fucking much for any band to charge to see them perform live. That being said, it's become the norm, and I'm not surprised at all that GNR is charging prices right in line with other major rock acts.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but AC/DC in arena, at MSG, in April, is $140 top dollar. That's $170 most likely with all the fees. So unfortunately, AC/DC is now just like everyone else.

Yes, without question these Guns prices are too much. By $100 they are the most expensive tickets I will ever have spent on a concert. But it really is on point with most shows these days, and again I just think this one is a little more "worth it" than acts like AC/DC. I have to go with my gut that it'll be a once in a lifetime experience.

Diesel, what can I say? Maybe prices for him are different in Europe. He played an arena with Crazy Horse for the Psychedelic Pill tour and top dollar was $175.

Tickets for Neil's upcoming UK tour, in June, are all £55 ($78) - £73 ($104) including fees. I just checked the other dates, other than the one I am attending (Leeds) and they are all going for similar. I paid £71 for my Leeds ticket incidentally which is about $100.

Just to put this in perspective, Nugnr usually charged £50-60 for their UK arena shows. Kiss charge around £55 also, so the cheaper Neil Young tickets are about normal for an arena rock show in the United Kingdom. The Who however are at the higher end of arena rock, at £80. Metallica also were charging £70 on their Death Magnetic tour - and this was about six years ago so god knows what they would charge now!

Taking all this into consideration, that Neil is not unique and perhaps cheaper if you are willing to sit with the gods, could it be that Americans pay more for arena rock than their UK counterparts? I will just throw this question to anyone who cares to answer as I know there are a few people who travel globally to shows.

I paid either £42.50 or £47.50 for GN'R tickets in 2012. Manchester Evening News Arena, first block, so right by the stage, and at the front. Looks like for a ticket like that, I'd have to pay five times as much now. That's a big jump!

I think you may be right, about UK/EU/US price differences. My sister is going to a big concert next month, in the Netherlands, and she paid just over 60 Euros to be in the "Golden Circle", which I assume to be right at the front. She said those were the most expensive tickets.

Edited by Kittiara

I paid either £42.50 or £47.50 for GN'R tickets in 2012. Manchester Evening News Arena, first block, so right by the stage, and at the front. Looks like for a ticket like that, I'd have to pay five times as much now. That's a big jump!

I think you may be right, about UK/US price differences. My sister is going to a big concert next month, in the Netherlands, and she paid just over 60 Euros to be in the "Golden Circle", which I assume to be right at the front. She said those were the most expensive tickets.

I loved all my gnr shows from 2010 to 2012, but this is completely different with slash and duff

I think you may be right, about UK/US price differences. My sister is going to a big concert next month, in the Netherlands, and she paid just over 60 Euros to be in the "Golden Circle", which I assume to be right at the front. She said those were the most expensive tickets.

I loved all my gnr shows from 2010 to 2012, but this is completely different with slash and duff

Different enough for ticket prices to be five times higher, though? That is what I am wondering. It will still be the same songs...

I have seen Axl, Slash and Duff together before. And yes, they were great. I had an amazing time. But I also had an amazing time at later concerts. Especially in 2006.

Edited by Kittiara

I'm sorry, but I paid like $120 for a GA to see NuGNR in 2011. To think top dollar for even just Slash being back would be a mere $30 more is crazy. Thats the reason they're doing this. Its WAY more money.

Again, I can only speak to my experiences in the US, but Neil Young was $175 top dollar last time he came around. Bruce is currently $140, $170 with the fees. I saw the Stones on the 50th tour for $90 and that was for one of those special "you could sit anywhere!" seats. So you couldn't get in for less than 90!

K12, Tom Petty absolutely does charge that much. I know because I've wanted to see him and haven't cause I can't justify that price. Granted, he usually has a name opener, so that bumps the price up, but that level? Him, the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Bruce, Van Halen, U2, Rush. I'm sorry but they all charge basically the SAME thing. Again, thats not to say GNR isn't charging too much cause they are, but it does semi-make sense. Those other guys charge the same price, year after year, while this incarnation of GNR is charging something that basically hasn't been seen in 20+ years. Thats why its higher than the others.

Tickets are just expensive these days. Its why I see less shows so I can afford the ones I really wanna see. I've always said, the only shows I'd paid pretty much anything to see is reunited Zeppelin, reunited Pink Floyd, David Bowie (may he rest in peace) and reunited GNR. The others can't/won't happen. If this is as close to real GNR as I can get, I'll take it and pay the price. Its just the reality of the situation and now thats its sort of happening, I have to put my money where my mouth is.

Different enough for ticket prices to be five times higher, though? That is what I am wondering. It will still be the same songs...

I have seen Axl, Slash and Duff together before. And yes, they were great. I had an amazing time. But I also had an amazing time at later concerts. Especially in 2006.

Many of us have not. Thats what we're paying for. This could fall apart at any second, or it lasts for 20 years. We don't know. They could do a full REAL reunion next year, and this'll have been all for naught. But with GNR you don't know. And yes, I've seen them all play these songs before, but I haven't seen them do it together. So yeah, I'm paying two times (not five times) what I paid to see NuGNR 5 years ago and I totally think thats worth. I'm feeding right into their money grubbing hands, but I'm sorry its just too much to miss and regret later on.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but I paid like $120 for a GA to see NuGNR in 2011. To think top dollar for even just Slash being back would be a mere $30 more is crazy. Thats the reason they're doing this. Its WAY more money.

Again, I can only speak to my experiences in the US, but Neil Young was $175 top dollar last time he came around. Bruce is currently $140, $170 with the fees. I saw the Stones on the 50th tour for $90 and that was for one of those special "you could sit anywhere!" seats. So you couldn't get in for less than 90!

K12, Tom Petty absolutely does charge that much. I know because I've wanted to see him and haven't cause I can't justify that price. Granted, he usually has a name opener, so that bumps the price up, but that level? Him, the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, AC/DC, Bruce, Van Halen, U2, Rush. I'm sorry but they all charge basically the SAME thing. Again, thats not to say GNR isn't charging too much cause they are, but it does semi-make sense. Those other guys charge the same price, year after year, while this incarnation of GNR is charging something that basically hasn't been seen in 20+ years. Thats why its higher than the others.

Tickets are just expensive these days. Its why I see less shows so I can afford the ones I really wanna see. I've always said, the only shows I'd paid pretty much anything to see is reunited Zeppelin, reunited Pink Floyd, David Bowie (may he rest in peace) and reunited GNR. The others can't/won't happen. If this is as close to real GNR as I can get, I'll take it and pay the price. Its just the reality of the situation and now thats its sort of happening, I have to put my money where my mouth is.

Many of us have not. Thats what we're paying for. This could fall apart at any second, or it lasts for 20 years. We don't know. They could do a full REAL reunion next year, and this'll have been all for naught. But with GNR you don't know. And yes, I've seen them all play these songs before, but I haven't seen them do it together. So yeah, I'm paying two times (not five times) what I paid to see NuGNR 5 years ago and I totally think thats worth. I'm feeding right into their money grubbing hands, but I'm sorry its just too much to miss and regret later on.

The truth

Hell, I'd pay $1000 for Zeppelin if I had to

Same here. I've got 2 concerts next week on Wednesday and Friday. Both of which were $25 or under. Granted, they're both newer artists, but still they'll be both great shows for great prices.

Same here. I've got 2 concerts next week on Wednesday and Friday. Both of which were $25 or under. Granted, they're both newer artists, but still they'll be both great shows for great prices.

Kid Rock's last few tours he has made every seat in the house $20.. Even got deals on hot dogs and beer.. Granted he isn't in the same league but even if they made every seats $150 they would be raking in money.

• Like 1

Concerts must be dearer in the United States then. Based on those figures, I would certainly argue that Neil is giving his UK fans a good deal, while ripping off his American fans.

Exactly, which is why the one time I've seen him, it happened to be a lucky free pair of tickets my friend couldn't use. Otherwise, I'd love to see him every time, but at those prices I usually have to cap myself off at seeing an artist just once. Can't afford to do it again. So then each year, I can see a Tom Petty or a Rush or a U2. Cause its my one BIG concert of that year. Guess its not like that in Europe. Its been like that for awhile here, and its how I judge buying tickets. I'd LOVE to see Alice Cooper, but never have, cause top dollar is usually $100, which is just a lot to see him. I'd rather pay like $50. Maybe the year will come by when I have nothing to see and he comes by at the right time. Other than that, like I said, its just prioritizing which shows are most important.

I love Bruce Springsteen to death and was going to his new tour. At the same time, Guns announced this semi-reunion and Bruce announced he's playing the whole River album, which I already saw him do in 2009. I prioritized and used the money I was gonna see Bruce with to see Guns, plus a little extra. In that respect, it hardly felt like that huge a deal. I was gonna be spending nearly $200 on a guy I've seen a bunch of times anyway. Might as well spent $100 more and see someone I never have and always wanted to.

I understand that. I have never seen the AFD line-up together, and would love to see that as well. It's just that part of me really doesn't like the price hike, as for me it would be five times more than what I paid three to four years ago. And there's this voice inside of me saying that that's not what a reunion, or regrouping, should be like. I am sure they said that they wouldn't do it for the money. That it should be for the right reasons, for the music, for the fans... So I guess that I am feeling somewhat disenchanted. Combine that with $100 polyester pillows, and $150 blankets, a rise in fan-club membership fees, along with a differentiation between "deluxe" fans and "non-deluxe" fans, and it's like all that matters now is the money.

Which is not the band's fault. It's mine. They don't owe me. It's their band, their product, and they can charge $1000 for a regular ticket if they want to. I just think it's sad that there will be a lot of people who won't be able to see their favourite band now. And that doesn't mean that they are not real fans - I have seen people say that, that if someone's a real fan they'll pay anything - it's just that these are expensive tickets, and times are not great, economically speaking.

That doesn't mean that I judge those who are going. And I genuinely hope that you will all have the best time. :)

• Like 1

I understand that. I have never seen the AFD line-up together, and would love to see that as well. It's just that part of me really doesn't like the price hike, as for me it would be five times more than what I paid three to four years ago. And there's this voice inside of me saying that that's not what a reunion, or regrouping, should be like. I am sure they said that they wouldn't do it for the money. That it should be for the right reasons, for the music, for the fans... So I guess that I am feeling somewhat disenchanted. Combine that with $100 polyester pillows, and $150 blankets, a rise in fan-club membership fees, along with a differentiation between "deluxe" fans and "non-deluxe" fans, and it's like all that matters now is the money.

Which is not the band's fault. It's mine. They don't owe me. It's their band, their product, and they can charge $1000 for a regular ticket if they want to. I just think it's sad that there will be a lot of people who won't be able to see their favourite band now. And that doesn't mean that they are not real fans - I have seen people say that, that if someone's a real fan they'll pay anything - it's just that these are expensive tickets, and times are not great, economically speaking.

That doesn't mean that I judge those who are going. And I genuinely hope that you will all have the best time. :)

No, I totally understand. Listen, before I got tickets, my friend and I were JUST talking about how "this is too much. Its not even the full band. They are screwing people." Then I pulled tickets and... it just took over. That rush and irrational excitement. My only justification is it happens a lot to me and I DON'T take advantage of it. As I explained to people yesterday when I told them I got these, I said "I didn't go on Spring Break in college. I didn't just go out every friday and saturday and spend 100s of dollars on drinks. I've always been a frugal person. THIS is my splurge."

Its NOT the reunion I want. But I just can't fight the feeling I'd regret it if I didn't go. Combined with the fact that I've said all along: I trust Slash. I have for years and he's NEVER let me down. I question his intentions here, but if its wrong then its the first mistake he's really made in my book. And he'll have screwed me, but based on the past I have to stick in his corner. His odds with me are just so high on the positive side that I have to almost blindly support him. He's given me no reason not to.

Also, that comment about me not going on spring breaks or going out to drinks makes it sound like I have no life and I don't have fun lol. I do, and I enjoy most of the decisions I've made in regards to saving money. Thats just the kind of person I am, but I still have as much fun as everyone else. This spending money is out of character for me, but I doubt it really happens again, and I'll just chalk it up to that it covers many things I haven't done that others have. But I get why others feel differently, and as of a week ago I did as well. I gave in.

Concerts must be dearer in the United States then. Based on those figures, I would certainly argue that Neil is giving his UK fans a good deal, while ripping off his American fans.

Exactly, which is why the one time I've seen him, it happened to be a lucky free pair of tickets my friend couldn't use. Otherwise, I'd love to see him every time, but at those prices I usually have to cap myself off at seeing an artist just once. Can't afford to do it again. So then each year, I can see a Tom Petty or a Rush or a U2. Cause its my one BIG concert of that year. Guess its not like that in Europe. Its been like that for awhile here, and its how I judge buying tickets. I'd LOVE to see Alice Cooper, but never have, cause top dollar is usually $100, which is just a lot to see him. I'd rather pay like $50. Maybe the year will come by when I have nothing to see and he comes by at the right time. Other than that, like I said, its just prioritizing which shows are most important.

I love Bruce Springsteen to death and was going to his new tour. At the same time, Guns announced this semi-reunion and Bruce announced he's playing the whole River album, which I already saw him do in 2009. I prioritized and used the money I was gonna see Bruce with to see Guns, plus a little extra. In that respect, it hardly felt like that huge a deal. I was gonna be spending nearly $200 on a guy I've seen a bunch of times anyway. Might as well spent $100 more and see someone I never have and always wanted to.

I saw Alice on the Brutal Planet Tour and it cost £17.50 ($25). I still have all my old tickets by the way, all except my Stones ticket which I lost! Powerage might be interested in this...

''Maiden...Virtual XI Tour...£15.60''

Also ''Ozzy Osbourne, 1995, £14'' - this was my first ever concert.

No, I totally understand. Listen, before I got tickets, my friend and I were JUST talking about how "this is too much. Its not even the full band. They are screwing people." Then I pulled tickets and... it just took over. That rush and irrational excitement. My only justification is it happens a lot to me and I DON'T take advantage of it. As I explained to people yesterday when I told them I got these, I said "I didn't go on Spring Break in college. I didn't just go out every friday and saturday and spend 100s of dollars on drinks. I've always been a frugal person. THIS is my splurge."

Its NOT the reunion I want. But I just can't fight the feeling I'd regret it if I didn't go. Combined with the fact that I've said all along: I trust Slash. I have for years and he's NEVER let me down. I question his intentions here, but if its wrong then its the first mistake he's really made in my book. And he'll have screwed me, but based on the past I have to stick in his corner. His odds with me are just so high on the positive side that I have to almost blindly support him. He's given me no reason not to.

Also, that comment about me not going on spring breaks or going out to drinks makes it sound like I have no life and I don't have fun lol. I do, and I enjoy most of the decisions I've made in regards to saving money. Thats just the kind of person I am, but I still have as much fun as everyone else. This spending money is out of character for me, but I doubt it really happens again, and I'll just chalk it up to that it covers many things I haven't done that others have. But I get why others feel differently, and as of a week ago I did as well. I gave in.

I totally get that. If I lived in the States, especially if I were anywhere near Vegas, and I had the money, that rush and excitement would probably have taken a hold of me as well. And then all my inner objections would have gone right out of the window. So it's just as well that I live an ocean away, otherwise that would have been a big dent to my savings for my Master's degree.

Let's face it, we love this band. We love their music, and the three hour shows, which are usually excellent. Even though I won't be going to the first shows, I am hoping like mad for a live stream, because I can only imagine what it will be like to see these guys together again. I reckon the feeling at that concert will be electric. And there's always the hope of other appearances, especially Izzy's. Who knows, they may just surprise fans with a new song!

By the way, I don't think you have no life. :) I'm very similar. I don't tend to go out drinking and partying, but I do have fun.