Tour over priced for the demand?

Yes and no. Some younger fans like myself (24) might have a hard time with work/college to get a ticket and go. But also its a good thing cause it keeps random douchebags from throwing stuff on stage. Think about it. Only hardcore fans are willing to spend money on going. Not some casual fan who likes one or two songs. I would love to go but right now I'm in a budget lol

I understand that. I have never seen the AFD line-up together, and would love to see that as well. It's just that part of me really doesn't like the price hike, as for me it would be five times more than what I paid three to four years ago. And there's this voice inside of me saying that that's not what a reunion, or regrouping, should be like. I am sure they said that they wouldn't do it for the money. That it should be for the right reasons, for the music, for the fans... So I guess that I am feeling somewhat disenchanted. Combine that with $100 polyester pillows, and $150 blankets, a rise in fan-club membership fees, along with a differentiation between "deluxe" fans and "non-deluxe" fans, and it's like all that matters now is the money.

Which is not the band's fault. It's mine. They don't owe me. It's their band, their product, and they can charge $1000 for a regular ticket if they want to. I just think it's sad that there will be a lot of people who won't be able to see their favourite band now. And that doesn't mean that they are not real fans - I have seen people say that, that if someone's a real fan they'll pay anything - it's just that these are expensive tickets, and times are not great, economically speaking.

That doesn't mean that I judge those who are going. And I genuinely hope that you will all have the best time. :)

No, I totally understand. Listen, before I got tickets, my friend and I were JUST talking about how "this is too much. Its not even the full band. They are screwing people." Then I pulled tickets and... it just took over. That rush and irrational excitement. My only justification is it happens a lot to me and I DON'T take advantage of it. As I explained to people yesterday when I told them I got these, I said "I didn't go on Spring Break in college. I didn't just go out every friday and saturday and spend 100s of dollars on drinks. I've always been a frugal person. THIS is my splurge."

Its NOT the reunion I want. But I just can't fight the feeling I'd regret it if I didn't go. Combined with the fact that I've said all along: I trust Slash. I have for years and he's NEVER let me down. I question his intentions here, but if its wrong then its the first mistake he's really made in my book. And he'll have screwed me, but based on the past I have to stick in his corner. His odds with me are just so high on the positive side that I have to almost blindly support him. He's given me no reason not to.

Also, that comment about me not going on spring breaks or going out to drinks makes it sound like I have no life and I don't have fun lol. I do, and I enjoy most of the decisions I've made in regards to saving money. Thats just the kind of person I am, but I still have as much fun as everyone else. This spending money is out of character for me, but I doubt it really happens again, and I'll just chalk it up to that it covers many things I haven't done that others have. But I get why others feel differently, and as of a week ago I did as well. I gave in.

I totally get that. If I lived in the States, especially if I were anywhere near Vegas, and I had the money, that rush and excitement would probably have taken a hold of me as well. And then all my inner objections would have gone right out of the window. So it's just as well that I live an ocean away, otherwise that would have been a big dent to my savings for my Master's degree.

Let's face it, we love this band. We love their music, and the three hour shows, which are usually excellent. Even though I won't be going to the first shows, I am hoping like mad for a live stream, because I can only imagine what it will be like to see these guys together again. I reckon the feeling at that concert will be electric. And there's always the hope of other appearances, especially Izzy's. Who knows, they may just surprise fans with a new song!

By the way, I don't think you have no life. :) I'm very similar. I don't tend to go out drinking and partying, but I do have fun.

I just paid out for a new kitchen. I could in theory have gone on every tour date that comes up for the next year for the money it cost. Such is the life of Guns fans who are no longer young and carefree.

But hey, I have an oven that cleans itself with pyrotechnology! Rock on. :headbang::lol:

• Like 2

I understand that. I have never seen the AFD line-up together, and would love to see that as well. It's just that part of me really doesn't like the price hike, as for me it would be five times more than what I paid three to four years ago. And there's this voice inside of me saying that that's not what a reunion, or regrouping, should be like. I am sure they said that they wouldn't do it for the money. That it should be for the right reasons, for the music, for the fans... So I guess that I am feeling somewhat disenchanted. Combine that with $100 polyester pillows, and $150 blankets, a rise in fan-club membership fees, along with a differentiation between "deluxe" fans and "non-deluxe" fans, and it's like all that matters now is the money.

Which is not the band's fault. It's mine. They don't owe me. It's their band, their product, and they can charge $1000 for a regular ticket if they want to. I just think it's sad that there will be a lot of people who won't be able to see their favourite band now. And that doesn't mean that they are not real fans - I have seen people say that, that if someone's a real fan they'll pay anything - it's just that these are expensive tickets, and times are not great, economically speaking.

That doesn't mean that I judge those who are going. And I genuinely hope that you will all have the best time. :)

No, I totally understand. Listen, before I got tickets, my friend and I were JUST talking about how "this is too much. Its not even the full band. They are screwing people." Then I pulled tickets and... it just took over. That rush and irrational excitement. My only justification is it happens a lot to me and I DON'T take advantage of it. As I explained to people yesterday when I told them I got these, I said "I didn't go on Spring Break in college. I didn't just go out every friday and saturday and spend 100s of dollars on drinks. I've always been a frugal person. THIS is my splurge."

Its NOT the reunion I want. But I just can't fight the feeling I'd regret it if I didn't go. Combined with the fact that I've said all along: I trust Slash. I have for years and he's NEVER let me down. I question his intentions here, but if its wrong then its the first mistake he's really made in my book. And he'll have screwed me, but based on the past I have to stick in his corner. His odds with me are just so high on the positive side that I have to almost blindly support him. He's given me no reason not to.

Also, that comment about me not going on spring breaks or going out to drinks makes it sound like I have no life and I don't have fun lol. I do, and I enjoy most of the decisions I've made in regards to saving money. Thats just the kind of person I am, but I still have as much fun as everyone else. This spending money is out of character for me, but I doubt it really happens again, and I'll just chalk it up to that it covers many things I haven't done that others have. But I get why others feel differently, and as of a week ago I did as well. I gave in.

I totally get that. If I lived in the States, especially if I were anywhere near Vegas, and I had the money, that rush and excitement would probably have taken a hold of me as well. And then all my inner objections would have gone right out of the window. So it's just as well that I live an ocean away, otherwise that would have been a big dent to my savings for my Master's degree.

Let's face it, we love this band. We love their music, and the three hour shows, which are usually excellent. Even though I won't be going to the first shows, I am hoping like mad for a live stream, because I can only imagine what it will be like to see these guys together again. I reckon the feeling at that concert will be electric. And there's always the hope of other appearances, especially Izzy's. Who knows, they may just surprise fans with a new song!

By the way, I don't think you have no life. :) I'm very similar. I don't tend to go out drinking and partying, but I do have fun.

I just paid out for a new kitchen. I could in theory have gone on every tour date that comes up for the next year for the money it cost. Such is the life of Guns fans who are no longer young and carefree.

But hey, I have an oven that cleans itself with pyrotechnology! Rock on. :headbang::lol:

A pyrotechnic oven? Don't tell Axl. He might want a few of those on stage for Live and Let Die. :lol:

• Like 1

A pyrotechnic oven? Don't tell Axl. He might want a few of those on stage for Live and Let Die. :lol:

It's the closest to a pyro show I'm probably getting this year.

Granted the scalpels/brokers snatched a ton up (they always do) I'd say the tour may be underpriced for demand. They sold 40,000 tix in like 1-3 hours. Not quite Adele standards but not bad.

That won't be the case for every show. This is Vegas, first shows, people flying from around the world.. Like you said scalpers bought up a shit ton.. Being the first shows at a new arena and being in Vegas I bet there were a lot of tickets not even made available to the general public for purchase.

There is a large portion of the fan base that is getting alienated by these prices.. Sucks

Concerts must be dearer in the United States then. Based on those figures, I would certainly argue that Neil is giving his UK fans a good deal, while ripping off his American fans.

Exactly, which is why the one time I've seen him, it happened to be a lucky free pair of tickets my friend couldn't use. Otherwise, I'd love to see him every time, but at those prices I usually have to cap myself off at seeing an artist just once. Can't afford to do it again. So then each year, I can see a Tom Petty or a Rush or a U2. Cause its my one BIG concert of that year. Guess its not like that in Europe. Its been like that for awhile here, and its how I judge buying tickets. I'd LOVE to see Alice Cooper, but never have, cause top dollar is usually $100, which is just a lot to see him. I'd rather pay like $50. Maybe the year will come by when I have nothing to see and he comes by at the right time. Other than that, like I said, its just prioritizing which shows are most important.

I love Bruce Springsteen to death and was going to his new tour. At the same time, Guns announced this semi-reunion and Bruce announced he's playing the whole River album, which I already saw him do in 2009. I prioritized and used the money I was gonna see Bruce with to see Guns, plus a little extra. In that respect, it hardly felt like that huge a deal. I was gonna be spending nearly $200 on a guy I've seen a bunch of times anyway. Might as well spent $100 more and see someone I never have and always wanted to.

I saw Alice on the Brutal Planet Tour and it cost £17.50 ($25). I still have all my old tickets by the way, all except my Stones ticket which I lost! Powerage might be interested in this...

''Maiden...Virtual XI Tour...£15.60''

Also ''Ozzy Osbourne, 1995, £14'' - this was my first ever concert.

To think i thought you had good taste :lol:

Concerts must be dearer in the United States then. Based on those figures, I would certainly argue that Neil is giving his UK fans a good deal, while ripping off his American fans.

Exactly, which is why the one time I've seen him, it happened to be a lucky free pair of tickets my friend couldn't use. Otherwise, I'd love to see him every time, but at those prices I usually have to cap myself off at seeing an artist just once. Can't afford to do it again. So then each year, I can see a Tom Petty or a Rush or a U2. Cause its my one BIG concert of that year. Guess its not like that in Europe. Its been like that for awhile here, and its how I judge buying tickets. I'd LOVE to see Alice Cooper, but never have, cause top dollar is usually $100, which is just a lot to see him. I'd rather pay like $50. Maybe the year will come by when I have nothing to see and he comes by at the right time. Other than that, like I said, its just prioritizing which shows are most important.

I love Bruce Springsteen to death and was going to his new tour. At the same time, Guns announced this semi-reunion and Bruce announced he's playing the whole River album, which I already saw him do in 2009. I prioritized and used the money I was gonna see Bruce with to see Guns, plus a little extra. In that respect, it hardly felt like that huge a deal. I was gonna be spending nearly $200 on a guy I've seen a bunch of times anyway. Might as well spent $100 more and see someone I never have and always wanted to.

I saw Alice on the Brutal Planet Tour and it cost £17.50 ($25). I still have all my old tickets by the way, all except my Stones ticket which I lost! Powerage might be interested in this...

''Maiden...Virtual XI Tour...£15.60''

Also ''Ozzy Osbourne, 1995, £14'' - this was my first ever concert.

To think i thought you had good taste :lol:

Are you not allowing me my conversion, my road to Damascus moment?

Izzy will be there. Final call on Adler appearance next week.

Quoting this because Eddie here was dead on about the Vegas shows and says Mexico shows are next. I'm willing to slide some chips over to his number as far as him knowing what's coming.

I also remember Eddie calling the 2nd Vegas residency. Perhaps Eddie really is a legit insider :o

The question remains. Are they gonna be just guests or band members? Btw April 8th is Izzy´s birthday ;)

I would have expected that to be decided by this point. If it was a full reunion I don't see that all the focus would be just on the other 3. I might wrong though, you never really know with this band. :lol:

I might be more of a legal or safety thing. They don't want to over commit to unreliable members. You could argue Axl is the most unreliable but he's also vital.

For example if theres a big fuss over the AFD line up, people buy tickets then Izzy walks after 3 shows just because. Then it's not the the reunion show fans have been sold. I paid for the AFD 5 and I got Pitman.

This way the promoters and band are covered.

But that doesn't mean Izzy or Adler won't been included for the first shows.

Edited by wasted

All I know is GNR is about to make a ton of money. If the average cost of a ticket is netted down to $250 and they sell 15,000 seats then that will take in $3,750,000. So $7.5 million if you do two nights.

Then they will take in about half a million on merchandise between the two shows.

So after paying promoters, set up crew, let's say new stage accessories, and all the assistance...say they spend $5 million to get all that done. That will leave roughly 3 million to the band. So Axl Slash and Duff will likely receive close to $400,000 for each show. Coachella looks like it might be double that for them. So after 4 shows Axl Slash and Duff are looking at about $2.5 million each.

However I'm sure production cost are much more and they will somehow not make much at all haha

So whether or not demand is there, these guys have already put a nice check in the bank account. I bet they can't wait to head to South America.

Most bands are charging threw the roof for tickets. Not quite this high but still in the $200 range for floor seats and lower bowl.

Maybe in the US, but that's not the case in Europe, at least in France (and neighboring countries from what I've witnessed). I've seen all band members live numerous times since 2002 and many other concerts, but I've never paid more than 90 euros (about 100 dollars) for GA or anywhere pretty close to the stage.

My most recent purchases (2015/ 2016) included AC/DC (90 euros for a "premium GA" seat - stadium show), U2 twice (about 75 euros for GA - they also had like 250 euros seats for premium GA, but I could see Bono and The Edge just fine from where I stood - thanks to the central stage, T-Mobile Arena size), Florence And The Machine (50 euros for GA - I was like second or third front row) and also bought my tickets for two Muse shows in Paris in March for about 55 euros each GA ticket (T-Mobile Arena size).

I will try to go to any GN'R show near me of course if prices are more reasonable than in Vegas.

Edited by WillBailey

Most bands are charging threw the roof for tickets. Not quite this high but still in the $200 range for floor seats and lower bowl.

Maybe in the US, but that's not the case in Europe, at least in France (and neighboring countries from what I've witnessed). I've seen all band members live numerous times since 2002 and many other concerts, but I've never paid more than 90 euros (about 100 dollars) for GA or anywhere pretty close to the stage.

My most recent purchases (2015/ 2016) included AC/DC (90 euros for a "premium GA" seat - stadium show), U2 twice (about 75 euros for GA - they also had like 250 euros seats for premium GA, but I could see Bono and The Edge just fine from where I stood - thanks to the central stage, T-Mobile Arena size), Florence And The Machine (50 euros for GA - I was like second or third front row) and also bought my tickets for two Muse shows in Paris in March for about 55 euros each GA ticket (T-Mobile Arena size).

Yes, this is also the situation in Britain - I just bought a Neil Young ticket for $100 and that was a dearer seat. It does seem that the Yanks are charged higher for their arena rock.

Yes, this is also the situation in Britain - I just bought a Neil Young ticket for $100 and that was a dearer seat. It does seem that the Yanks are charged higher for their arena rock.

Supply and demand. Pretty simple.

Saw GN'R few years ago for $90 bucks and got to stand in front of Axl. Most people left before the concert was over at 2 am.

This whole thing reminds me of the UYI days. Large venues, high demand for tickets and no way to get up front without paying

out the a$$.

i think they should go with $65 to $175. at most if they want to fill stadiums in the US.

but someone close to the band ,should let them know that they are shooting themselves on the foot with the 0 promotion

I'd say cap them out at $150 because they would still be $175 after surcharges.. That is pretty much top dollar for rock bands these days and they would still make a killing selling out shows everywhere...

as I was typing this I just got the following IM from a guy at work who is a big Guns fan.

""The GN'R VIP Experience package". What a slap in the face money grab!"

Saw GN'R few years ago for $90 bucks and got to stand in front of Axl. Most people left before the concert was over at 2 am.

This whole thing reminds me of the UYI days. Large venues, high demand for tickets and no way to get up front without paying

out the a$$.

Im sorry, but no this isn't like the UYI days and honestly, none of it can really be blamed on the band or any band. The concert attendance experience in general is just different now.

In the early 90s you could get up close and personal without paying any extra money. I know that for a fact. in general there were no meet and greet or VIP experiences with premium tickets withheld from the general buying public. You either went and stood in line and bought tix first come first serve or you went to a location with a lottery and hoped to get lucky or stayed at home and tried your luck on the phone. Scalpers could not gobble up high numbers of tickets at on same time bc of ticket limits per person....

It's just a different experience now for a bazillion reasons. I had great seats for both the UYI shows at Deer Creek and the GnR/Met show at the Hoosier Dome bc I planned how and where th be one of the first in line for tickets. Same for other shows around that time.

Can't plan to get great seats with Internet "waiting rooms" and premium tix not being available due to VIP packages and meet/greets very easily or in expensively.

• Like 1

Definitely not overpriced for the demand. All the shows sold out fast and I'm sitting here, contemplating on whether or not to spend upwards of $500 for a floor seat from a scalper. :lol:

Tell me about it! I wanted Floor GA bad and passed up on some decent tix I pulled on accident during the general sale.

Saw a decent ticket in section 6 for the Friday show for under $400 yesterday and thought about it for a while and when I went back to buy it was gonzo.

Yeah, this thread is out the window now

They were instant sellouts

I don't think so.. The circumstances for a tour will be a lot different than the first two shows back.. In Vegas for that matter. The shows are also not sold out. AXS is playing mad games.

out the a$$.

Im sorry, but no this isn't like the UYI days and honestly, none of it can really be blamed on the band or any band. The concert attendance experience in general is just different now.

In the early 90s you could get up close and personal without paying any extra money. I know that for a fact. in general there were no meet and greet or VIP experiences with premium tickets withheld from the general buying public. You either went and stood in line and bought tix first come first serve or you went to a location with a lottery and hoped to get lucky or stayed at home and tried your luck on the phone. Scalpers could not gobble up high numbers of tickets at on same time bc of ticket limits per person....

It's just a different experience now for a bazillion reasons. I had great seats for both the UYI shows at Deer Creek and the GnR/Met show at the Hoosier Dome bc I planned how and where th be one of the first in line for tickets. Same for other shows around that time.

Can't plan to get great seats with Internet "waiting rooms" and premium tix not being available due to VIP packages and meet/greets very easily or in expensively.

Pretty sure you totally misinterpreted my comment. Just stating that shows are a big deal now, they are in high demand, everyone wants to be there.

With NuGN'R It was easy to get upfront for a decent price with no hassle. That's all I was saying. I know all about the UYI days also. I was there.

Edited by 31illusions

out the a$$.

Pretty sure you totally misinterpreted my comment. Just stating that shows are a big deal now, they are in high demand, everyone wants to be there.

With NuGN'R It was easy to get upfront for a decent price with no hassle. That's all I was saying. I know all about the UYI days also. I was there.

Pearl jam is probably the highest demanded ticket. And for a reasonable price. They sold out two shows in Toronto in less than an hour with all tickets under $90+fees

out the a$$.

Pearl jam is probably the highest demanded ticket. And for a reasonable price. They sold out two shows in Toronto in less than an hour with all tickets under $90+fees

Yup, the bands can certainly have a say in their ticket prices.

I still say that the demand will not match these Vegas prices for the rest of the tour. You have all of us Die hards flying from all over because we want to be at the first shows. I sure as hell am not paying $280 again for a half way decent seat again. I still question how many seats were even sold to the public during the public sale. The number of tickets on stub hub didn't go up at all from what it was after the pre sale. The prices are a slap in the face and their a lot of people that won't get to go because of them.

If the rumors are true and the rest of the tour is Stadiums in the US,I'll be skipping them unless there is a huge change in the set list from what I see both nights in Vegas and/or there is a great opener. I scored 10th row floor Stones tickets for about $50 each,ten minutes before they played last Summer. If I can do something similar for GNR,then I'd probably go as well. I'm not big on stadium shows so I'd rather do the Vegas thing .

Edited by Subtle Signs