Tour over priced for the demand?

If the rumors are true and the rest of the tour is Stadiums in the US,I'll be skipping them unless there is a huge change in the set list from what I see both nights in Vegas and/or there is a great opener. I scored 10th row floor Stones tickets for about $50 each,ten minutes before they played last Summer. If I can do something similar for GNR,then I'd probably go as well. I'm not big on stadium shows so I'd rather do the Vegas thing .

Agreed, Stadiums shows suck unless you get good seats and I am not paying more than $200 for them.

Vegas is the best case scenario- travel, kick ass city and multiple ARENA shows. A stadium tour- I'm not traveling to. If they are in my town I'll obviously go to stadium though.

**However if they are truly kicking ass and playing out of this world sets and shows I may travel to a stadium.

I really don't think GNR are a stadium band. The UYI tour when they were at the peak of their powers... but not now.... Metallica are bigger than them and they do arenas. A stadium tour would almost suggest to me they'd be trying to get by on spectacle and size. 

Edited by Ant

42 minutes ago, Ant said:

I really don't think GNR are a stadium band. The UYI tour when they were at the peak of their powers... but not now.... Metallica are bigger than them and they do arenas. A stadium tour would almost suggest to me they'd be trying to get by on spectacle and size. 

I don't see them able to fill stadiums either. Guess we'll see...

9 minutes ago, SLCPUNK said:

I don't see them able to fill stadiums either. Guess we'll see...

A couple of stadium shows in the BIG cities would make sense and they could sell them out. The majority of the tour should be arenas. It'd be cool to see GNR in a stadium if you had the money and luck to be close.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ant said:

Metallica has been around the vast majority of the last 25 years.  Guns N' Roses with most of the original members has not.  They won't have any issues selling out stadiums if that's what they decide to do.

14 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Metallica has been around the vast majority of the last 25 years.  Guns N' Roses with most of the original members has not. 

Guns N ' Roses isn't mostly Original members..

Originals.. Slash, Axl and Duff = 3

Non Originals.. Pittman, Frank, Fortus = 3

Then there is Dizzy.. Not sure where he fits in..

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think you misread his post. He said "most of the original members." 3 of 5 is 60% of the original members. I'd say that qualifies as "most of the original members."

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Dizzy was in the illusion records. He's been loyal since 1990. Dizzy is the man

17 minutes ago, Download said:

How are ticket sales for Vegas so far?

Vegas sold out in an hour or so +/-.  Granted the brokers snatched a shitload up.  No matter- their won't be an empty seat in the house and none at face value from Axs are available as it says "sold out" on website.

42 minutes ago, Estranged1 said:

Vegas sold out in an hour or so +/-.  Granted the brokers snatched a shitload up.  No matter- their won't be an empty seat in the house and none at face value from Axs are available as it says "sold out" on website.

The "Sold Out" is  a tweet streamed from Guns N' Roses.. When you click to actually buy the tickets it says there are no tickets available but the show hasn't sold out.

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The "Sold Out" is  a tweet streamed from Guns N' Roses.. When you click to actually buy the tickets it says there are no tickets available but the show hasn't sold out.

Well the AXS's and the Ticketmasters of the world all present it differently.  AXS says "no tickets available" and TM says things like "unable to process your request".  Semantics.....

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't think these tickets are too bad. I've bad close to $200 for GNR a few years ago.

Robert Plant is asking $250 for some seats. Van Halen tickets were over $150 too.

I think whatever GNR charges, it's so worth it to see the original band together again.

None of those are as high as these.. These were $350 plus charges for good seats... $250 plus charges for ok seats. Over $100 after charges for Nose Bleeds

Van Halen tickets were $150 for the most expensive tix last tour. That was also depending on the Venue. In Mass they were $150, in Maine Top Tier were under $100

Not sure about Plant but I am sure there are only a few select or VIP type seats that are $250 if that is really what they were.

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Guns N' Roses original lineup = Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Adler.  3 out of 5 = 60%.  60% is greater than 50%.  So yes, they have most of their original members in the lineup.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Only to Axl and a traitor to the others talking crap about them.

That's one view. Personally I don't know if dizzy could realistically have ever quit but personally I respect the hell out of the guy for staying so loyal to axl over the years.. Talk about patience. The guy deserves a medal. And Regardless even if you have 3/5 of the appetite lineup if you think about it that's already 4/6 aka 2/3 of the illusions lineup, and that's disclosing Izzy who will be involved and at the shows. How many shows and songs per show is the question but either way.. It's pretty much a reunion.

6 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

The ones tha matter are original again

I don't necessarily agree with that. To me, Izzy is more important than anyone except Axl.

16 minutes ago, darknightfan said:

There are no "general people" going to these concerts.

I'm sure there will be some casual fans who attend, but I really can't see casual fans shelling out the kind of money they wanted for Vegas tickets.

If the US stadium prices are more in line with Mexico City, I have absolutely no problems there. 

• Like 1