Tour over priced for the demand?

I definitely think they might be biting off more than they can chew with the stadium idea, even with Slash and Duff. Not all the casuals in every market are going to want to shell out $250 or more. Even The Stones had trouble. I guess we'll wait and see. VIP packages aside, if the top tier is less than $200 and there's a $60ish lowest option too, then maybe.

Me? I'll pay whatever for Toronto. :lol:

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I don't necessarily agree with that. To me, Izzy is more important than anyone except Axl.

I'm sure there will be some casual fans who attend, but I really can't see casual fans shelling out the kind of money they wanted for Vegas tickets.

If the US stadium prices are more in line with Mexico City, I have absolutely no problems there. 

I would say Izzy is more important than Duff. Not slagging on Duff as his backing vocals and punchy bass lines definitely helped shape the GnR sound.. I also agree that Vegas prices will certainly keep casual fans away.. Who the hell wants to pay $300 - $400 bucks to see 3 songs?

Haven't seen the Mexico prices yet. I would assume they are lower do to the economy there.

55 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I just cannot see a stadium tour in Europe or the United States/Canada. I do not think there is that level of interest to place them on Springsteen/Stones levels. 

The Appetite Line up could do it.

8 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would say Izzy is more important than Duff. Not slagging on Duff as his backing vocals and punchy bass lines definitely helped shape the GnR sound.. I also agree that Vegas prices will certainly keep casual fans away.. Who the hell wants to pay $300 - $400 bucks to see 3 songs?

Haven't seen the Mexico prices yet. I would assume they are lower do to the economy there.

The Appetite Line up could do it.

Mexico tops out around USD $125. I did a comparison in the Mexico thread when someone asked what ticket prices are like in Mexico - the most expensive tickets to the Maiden gigs I'm going to in Mexico City are just shy of $100. Granted, they're doing two nights at the Sports Palace instead of one night at Foro Sol as they usually do, but I'll assume their ticket prices this year are consistent with what they normally charge in Mexico as I've not heard any comments one way or the other that the tickets are particularly cheap nor expensive. To compare that to Maiden's prices in the US in comparably sized venues, they're 15-20% cheaper. I expect a larger gap in prices with GN'R, but hopefully they're cheaper than we were hearing/expecting.

U2 couldn't sell out all their stadium dates last time around and hit on some soft markets on their recent tour.  The Rolling Stones had to scale down pricing for their recent arena jaunt due to lack the fans' lack of willingness to pay ridiculous prices.  I can't see GnR selling 50-80k tickets if the majority of them are above $150 or above, especially outside the top 3-5 markets. Even Coldplay is pricing their nosebleeds well under $100 for their upcoming stadium tour (which the halftime show is basically an advert for).

Its sad that I'd almost want a stadium tour because now after Vegas, that'll be the easier ticket. We're all spending $500 to do Vegas, so now I'd rather they do stadiums, and I can probably get it for a cheap $50 ticket. I probably couldn't afford an arena tour, and I agree a stadium tour might be pushing it. In certain markets it'll be fine, but it'll probably be soft.

Then again, I'm shocked Coldplay is playing stadiums. I know they're doing the Super Bowl, but that still seems like a reach. So its possible I just have no idea who could fill stadiums these days.

6 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Its sad that I'd almost want a stadium tour because now after Vegas, that'll be the easier ticket. We're all spending $500 to do Vegas, so now I'd rather they do stadiums, and I can probably get it for a cheap $50 ticket. I probably couldn't afford an arena tour, and I agree a stadium tour might be pushing it. In certain markets it'll be fine, but it'll probably be soft.

Then again, I'm shocked Coldplay is playing stadiums. I know they're doing the Super Bowl, but that still seems like a reach. So its possible I just have no idea who could fill stadiums these days.

I'm hoping for arena's just because if I do end up going to more than one show (other than Vegas), I'll probably do one floor and one seat, but I don't want to see the band from the back of a stadium, that's so far away that it's almost not worth it. At least in the cheap seats in an arena you can still see the band without binoculars. I'd infinitely prefer outdoor park venues or ampitheatres to stadiums, too.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

13 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I'm hoping for arena's just because if I do end up going to more than one show (other than Vegas), I'll probably do one floor and one seat, but I don't want to see the band from the back of a stadium, that's so far away that it's almost not worth it. At least in the cheap seats in an arena you can still see the band without binoculars. I'd infinitely prefer outdoor park venues or ampitheatres to stadiums, too.

Oh I hear you. My hope is purely selfish, and really I hope its not true so that those that want to see the shows have the opportunity. I think an arena tour will be a tough ticket. I'd do a cheap seat in the back, but that could be hard to get, and it might not be as cheap as a stadium. The positive about stadiums is you're most likely guranteed a ticket, and there will have to be significant tiered pricing. Or if there wasn't, you'll be able to get in WAY under face closer to show. Obviously with arenas you get a more intimate show, better seats, but you probably get higher prices and tougher entries. I'd probably only go again, or have the money to go again, if they do stadiums, cause it'll be cheap enough.