Who/what started the reunion?

Estranged1

Marc- who/what/how did this happen? Did Axl cave into the money? Did he and Slash genuinely mend bridges (after 25 years)? Was Duff the middle man? Is it a complicated combination of things? Axl seemed so true to the "I hate Slash" mantra for all these years......something musta happened.

• Like 1

i'd say when Duff got to speak with him in London is what got the ball rolling. maybe even Axl coming to the realization of how petty the whole thing was on his own. from what i understand it seems allot of resentment stemmed from too much procrastinating and them being on different pages musically. something like that shouldn't harbor a life time of hatred.

Edited by -W.A.R-

Marc, is this upcoming BBC doco something that required signatures from Axl and Slash to go ahead?

No they didn't but I dont know how they were able to make that doc. When I was involved, it was only an authorized Slash doc. At some point Slash changed his mind because he thought it was too self serving. The project got selfed for a while and then Jon decided to turn it into a GNR doc. I told him he is crazy if he thinks he will get that done, I don't know how he was able to do it but he said because it was for the BBC that he was still able to do it. When I was involved they started to look at my footage and time cote only the Slash parts that they wanted to use because they said that itn was the only parts that they could use. However they didnt get the chance to look at everything I had because the project stopped when Slash changed his mind. The agreement that I had with them was they had 8 months to look at my footage and that time had past when they decided to make it into a GNR project. So I didn't let them use any of the footage that they didn't see in the 8 months. I did do a interview that i'm sure they will use and I know they interviewed lots of other peiople too. I also know that what ever they turned in last summer didn't go over well with the BBC and I thought the project was dead. I have no idea what they ended up with doing and I hope they don't bash Axl with what ever they ended up with. I didn't put in the agreement that I had any control on how it turns out becasuse they were working with Slash's management and that was enough for me to knoiw that it was going to be up to Slash what they used. Its a bit scary that there is no one now to control whats in that doc so I can only hope that they do the right thing and do the band justice. Maybe the BBC has the control and that might me a good thing?

Man, sounds very frustrating. Hopefully something positive comes out.

Edited by recklessroad

Marc, is this upcoming BBC doco something that required signatures from Axl and Slash to go ahead?

No they didn't but I dont know how they were able to make that doc. When I was involved, it was only an authorized Slash doc. At some point Slash changed his mind because he thought it was too self serving. The project got selfed for a while and then Jon decided to turn it into a GNR doc. I told him he is crazy if he thinks he will get that done, I don't know how he was able to do it but he said because it was for the BBC that he was still able to do it. When I was involved they started to look at my footage and time cote only the Slash parts that they wanted to use because they said that itn was the only parts that they could use. However they didnt get the chance to look at everything I had because the project stopped when Slash changed his mind. The agreement that I had with them was they had 8 months to look at my footage and that time had past when they decided to make it into a GNR project. So I didn't let them use any of the footage that they didn't see in the 8 months. I did do a interview that i'm sure they will use and I know they interviewed lots of other peiople too. I also know that what ever they turned in last summer didn't go over well with the BBC and I thought the project was dead. I have no idea what they ended up with doing and I hope they don't bash Axl with what ever they ended up with. I didn't put in the agreement that I had any control on how it turns out becasuse they were working with Slash's management and that was enough for me to knoiw that it was going to be up to Slash what they used. Its a bit scary that there is no one now to control whats in that doc so I can only hope that they do the right thing and do the band justice. Maybe the BBC has the control and that might me a good thing?

Thank you kindly for commenting on this and setting the record straight from your corner.

For me this certainly throws a whole new spin on this thing.

Edited by recklessroad