Line Up? and Old/New GnR Songs

There's no reason for Izzy and Steven not to be there for the Vegas gigs. If Izzy can travel to London to play with NuGNR, he sure can travel to Vegas for two days. And Steven played in Vegas with his band earlier this year and proved that he can resist the temptations of Sin City. Make it happen!! Nobody wants to see NuGNR feat Slash & Duff, we want to see only the original 5 without the damn keyboards!!

Edited by LikeADog93
  • Like 2

That's my guess too. As far as CD stuff goes, an educate guess might be they stick to the more "classic" sounding tunes, like SOD or TIL or maybe IRS. No way Slash would play any of Buckethead's crazy shredding. Maybe in some songs (Better, for example) Richard could play most of the leads.

There's no reason for Izzy and Steven not to be there for the Vegas gigs. If Izzy can travel to London to play with NuGNR, he sure can travel to Vegas for two days. And Steven played in Vegas with his band earlier this year and proved that he can resist the temptations of Sin City. Make it happen!! Nobody wants to see NuGNR feat Slash & Duff, we want to see only the original 5 without the damn keyboards!!

I want to see it!

What is the lineup going to be? We know Duff, Slash, and Axl but what about Matt/Steven, Izzy/Gilby, Dizzy/Pittman, etc. And will this "reunion" play the new GnR songs like "Better" or "Prostitute" or "Catcher in The Rye" etc?

We're the other 452 threads speculating the same thing not good enough?

Nobody wants to see NuGNR feat Slash & Duff, we want to see only the original 5 without the damn keyboards!!

Speak for yourself, homeboy. I've been around since WTTJ first aired on MTV, and I'm happier than a retired thoroughbred triple crown winner in retirement. Just to see Axl and Slash on stage together again is good enough for me. Duff is icing on the cake. And for 95% of casual rock/GNR fans, that's also the case. It'll be sweet to see some guest appearances by Steven and Izzy, and probably even Matt, but I think that's all you're going to get from those guys for a myriad of reasons. Izzy's displeasure with consistent touring... Steven's inability to stay sober... etc. Another reason is MONEY. Axl, Slash and Duff are set to get much bigger paydays. I can picture all revenue being split between four parties equally... Axl, Slash, Duff... and the fourth equal share will get split up among the backing lineup/hired touring musicians.

Anyway, you're in the minority wanting to see the 5 originals. Maybe not on this forum, but in the real world among casual fans (and many hardcores like myself), are perfectly happy with Axl, Slash and Duff.

This.

This.

Right on brother! Axl, Slash, Duff, and the hired hands can play the UYI material for all I care, but if anybody other than the original 5 plays the Appetite songs it will be a big injustice to all the bands real fans. If Pitman ruins the Rocket Queen outro and Ferrer plays the Brownstone intro incorrectly one more time I'm going to scream!!

Edited by LikeADog93

This.

Right on brother! Axl, Slash, Duff, and the hired hands can play the UYI material for all I care, but if anybody other than the original 5 plays the Appetite songs it will be a big injustice to all the bands real fans. If Pitman ruins the Rocket Queen outro and Ferrer plays the Brownstone intro incorrectly one more time I'm going to scream!!

I hear you man.

Nobody wants to see NuGNR feat Slash & Duff, we want to see only the original 5 without the damn keyboards!!

Speak for yourself, homeboy. I've been around since WTTJ first aired on MTV, and I'm happier than a retired thoroughbred triple crown winner in retirement. Just to see Axl and Slash on stage together again is good enough for me. Duff is icing on the cake. And for 95% of casual rock/GNR fans, that's also the case. It'll be sweet to see some guest appearances by Steven and Izzy, and probably even Matt, but I think that's all you're going to get from those guys for a myriad of reasons. Izzy's displeasure with consistent touring... Steven's inability to stay sober... etc. Another reason is MONEY. Axl, Slash and Duff are set to get much bigger paydays. I can picture all revenue being split between four parties equally... Axl, Slash, Duff... and the fourth equal share will get split up among the backing lineup/hired touring musicians.

Anyway, you're in the minority wanting to see the 5 originals. Maybe not on this forum, but in the real world among casual fans (and many hardcores like myself), are perfectly happy with Axl, Slash and Duff.

No chance,IMO that the hired hands like Fortus,Frank etc split a share. If GNR are getting three million per show,I see it being split equally between Slash,Duff and Axl. As far as wanting the AFD 5, I think the hardcores want it the most and Izzy/Steven being there or not won't hurt ticket sales one bit. I've only seen "real" GNR in 92 so I'd love to see the AFD 5 together even for just a few songs.

The majority of the casual music listening public just wants to see Axl and Slash on stage together again, regardless of who else is around them, Duff included.

A

No chance,IMO that the hired hands like Fortus,Frank etc split a share. If GNR are getting three million per show,I see it being split equally between Slash,Duff and Axl. As far as wanting the AFD 5, I think the hardcores want it the most and Izzy/Steven being there or not won't hurt ticket sales one bit. I've only seen "real" GNR in 92 so I'd love to see the AFD 5 together even for just a few songs.

Apparently you don't understand economics. Do you really think if they get 3 million per show Axl, Slash and Duff will get 1 million each? And the other guys won't get a cent? Lol. What about the other guys on the stage? What about the crew? What about the techs? What about management? What about the physical equipment... the stage... the pyro... lighting & sound people? What about travel expenses?

Axl, Slash and Duff are going to do just fine. But they're not going to make 1 million per show, each. That money has to pay A LOT of people. And the backing musicians, whoever they are, will get a cut. They're not going to perform for free. I also saw GNR in 92. It was awesome. But again, all the masses care about are Axl and Slash. That's it.

• Like 1

The majority of the casual music listening public just wants to see Axl and Slash on stage together again, regardless of who else is around them, Duff included.

these morons will probably think Fortus is Izzy.

• Like 1

:(

I stopped following nuGuns after Buckethead left, but at the time I had only seen Rio 2001. I listened to Axl's solo record Chinese Democracy in 2008 but didn't look up his current line up or anything. I found out Axl and his band were going to play in my country in 2010 and that's when I started watching videos from the 2002, 2006-2007 era and trust me, I thought Fortus was Izzy. :lol:

• Like 1

There are no such thing as "new Gn'R songs." Last album of original material they released was Use Your Illusion.

Last blast from a dying band. Once Izzy left, they couldn't come up with a single decent song.

There are some gems on CD. TWAT... The Blues... Catcher... If The World... even Shacklers to an extent. OMG is pretty good too in my opinion. And the other guys, especially Slash and Duff, put out some solid material. VR did a lot of nice stuff... Slither... Fall to Pieces... Set me Free... Quick Machines, etc. And Slash alone put out some awesome stuff... Anastasia leading that list. Izzy wasn't a part of any of all of that. Put Axl on vocals on any of that stuff and you have really good GNR songs, some as good if not better than the classic stuff.

Izzy, in my opinion, is DRAMATICALLY overrated. If you look at all the writing credits to the classic stuff, it's Slash and Axl that are plastered all over everything.

Izzy was a nice piece to the puzzle, but I don't think he was necessary post UYI for GNR to be successful. Their solo stuff proves it.

No, they don't even know who Izzy is. Or Fortus. All they care about is Slash and Axl. Deal with it. That doesn't make them morons.

There are no such thing as "new Gn'R songs." Last album of original material they released was Use Your Illusion.

Last blast from a dying band. Once Izzy left, they couldn't come up with a single decent song.

There are some gems on CD. TWAT... The Blues... Catcher... If The World... even Shacklers to an extent. OMG is pretty good too in my opinion. And the other guys, especially Slash and Duff, put out some solid material. VR did a lot of nice stuff... Slither... Fall to Pieces... Set me Free... Quick Machines, etc. And Slash alone put out some awesome stuff... Anastasia leading that list. Izzy wasn't a part of any of all of that. Put Axl on vocals on any of that stuff and you have really good GNR songs, some as good if not better than the classic stuff.

Izzy, in my opinion, is DRAMATICALLY overrated. If you look at all the writing credits to the classic stuff, it's Slash and Axl that are plastered all over everything.

Izzy was a nice piece to the puzzle, but I don't think he was necessary post UYI for GNR to be successful. Their solo stuff proves it.

No, they don't even know who Izzy is. Or Fortus. All they care about is Slash and Axl. Deal with it. That doesn't make them morons.

yes it does.

A

Apparently you don't understand economics. Do you really think if they get 3 million per show Axl, Slash and Duff will get 1 million each? And the other guys won't get a cent? Lol. What about the other guys on the stage? What about the crew? What about the techs? What about management? What about the physical equipment... the stage... the pyro... lighting & sound people? What about travel expenses?

Axl, Slash and Duff are going to do just fine. But they're not going to make 1 million per show, each. That money has to pay A LOT of people. And the backing musicians, whoever they are, will get a cut. They're not going to perform for free. I also saw GNR in 92. It was awesome. But again, all the masses care about are Axl and Slash. That's it.

I'm well aware of the economics behind the tour Broham. I didn't think I needed to get into all that. I was saying they will get the Lions share of the profits and the hired help might get their salaries bumped up but not to the point of splitting a share.

A

I'm well aware of the economics behind the tour Broham. I didn't think I needed to get into all that. I was saying they will get the Lions share of the profits and the hired help might get their salaries bumped up but not to the point of splitting a share.

I agree. I just think it'll be cut up four ways. Axl, Slash and Duff get their share (which pays their own expenses and management teams)... and the fourth pays the rest of the bills... including the hired musicians and all the crew/props etc. etc. And Axl's caviar and bag of Utz potato chips for his green room.

Cleaned up the thread some.

Whether anyone likes it or not, a band called Guns N' Roses released an album in 2008 called Chinese Democracy. This thread is meant to discuss whether or not the 2016 line up including Slash & Duff will play any of those songs along with what older GN'R songs they may or may not play as well.

If you'd like to have the same tired old "1996 - 2014 wasn't 'real Guns N' Roses'" discussion, please take it to any number of threads that have been dedicated to that over the years.

Thanks.

• Like 1