Line Up? and Old/New GnR Songs

Izzy's birthday is on 4/8, exactly on the first Vegas date...

just sayin'

If i wanna bet if Izzy shows up ob some dates, then the first one will be my bet

Eddie Money (the user) said Izzy will be there, so I'm willing to bet he's right. He's been dead on for a few things, so I'd guess he's right on this too.

Izzy's birthday is on 4/8, exactly on the first Vegas date...

just sayin'

If i wanna bet if Izzy shows up ob some dates, then the first one will be my bet

Eddie Money (the user) said Izzy will be there, so I'm willing to bet he's right. He's been dead on for a few things, so I'd guess he's right on this too.

Damn, i wanna go to Vegas so bad....

I don't care if this means that Axl is still running this show like a vegas act and he want to warm up before the big festival dates, i just hope that for the love of the god, he just rehearse poperly for once in his lifetime

What is the lineup going to be? We know Duff, Slash, and Axl but what about Matt/Steven, Izzy/Gilby, Dizzy/Pittman, etc. And will this "reunion" play the new GnR songs like "Better" or "Prostitute" or "Catcher in The Rye" etc?

We're the other 452 threads speculating the same thing not good enough?

first off it is "were" not "we're" Second, why don't you cry some more.

• Like 2

I'm so tired of this crap about the general public only wanting to see Slash and Axl back together. Of all the comments I have read on news sites, social media etc, from people who generally don't seem educated enough to be forum members, I have not once read excitement over the Axl/Slash combo. However, I have seen Izzy's name mentioned hundreds of times as well as talk about Matt and Steven. I have even seen more demand for Gilby than actual cheering over Axl and slash's reconciliation. People may not know a lot about Izzy but they know NU-GNR is uncool and that Izzy's "the real deal". The more this is marketed as the originals getting back together or even the UYI band getting back on the road, the more likelihood for the tour to be a success.

Edited by Changes
  • Like 3

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank. No one knows anything about whether or not they'll continue on with a third guitarist, but if they do it seems Dave Kushner's name keeps coming up. Izzy will no doubt at least make guest appearances. Who the hell knows with Steven and Matt other than that they definitely won't be regulars? And all signs seem to point to Shitman being out now (at least for touring), and good fucking riddance.

As said many times, there's no fucking logical reason to even bother playing the nu songs. No one cares, and there's literally no pay off doing it in the long run. But Axl's fragile ego will never allow the songs to just be dumpstered babied. So we'll probably be force fed at least 1 or 2. I'd imagine, especially if Kushner is really involved in this gig, we'll probably get 1 or 2 VR songs as well. Personally, I hope they just stick to 87-91 stuff, but again I highly doubt Axl's stubbornness will admit the reality that the CD stuff never connected with a major audience, and that nobody cares. Abandoning the material is doing just that.

Edited by Bobbo

I'm so tired of this crap about the general public only wanting to see Slash and Axl back together. Of all the comments I have read on news sites, social media etc, from people who generally don't seem educated enough to be forum members, I have not once read excitement over the Axl/Slash combo. However, I have seen Izzy's name mentioned hundreds of times as well as talk about Matt and Steven. I have even seen more demand for Gilby than actual cheering over Axl and slash's reconciliation. People may not know a lot about Izzy but they know NU-GNR is uncool and that Izzy's "the real deal". The more this is marketed as the originals getting back together or even the UYI band getting back on the road, the more likelihood for the tour to be a success.

This is the same thing I am seeing EVERYWHERE. Online and with people I know.

Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Frank. No one knows anything about whether or not they'll continue on with a third guitarist, but if they do it seems Dave Kushner's name keeps coming up. Izzy will no doubt at least make guest appearances. Who the hell knows with Steven and Matt other than that they definitely won't be regulars? And all signs seem to point to Shitman being out now (at least for touring), and good fucking riddance.

As said many times, there's no fucking logical reason to even bother playing the nu songs. No one cares, and there's literally no pay off doing it in the long run. But Axl's fragile ego will never allow the songs to just be dumpstered babied. So we'll probably be force fed at least 1 or 2. I'd imagine, especially if Kushner is really involved in this gig, we'll probably get 1 or 2 VR songs as well. Personally, I hope they just stick to 87-91 stuff, but again I highly doubt Axl's stubbornness will admit the reality that the CD stuff never connected with a major audience, and that nobody cares. Abandoning the material is doing just that.

I don't know if "forced fed" is right. There were some songs on CD that were good. I know we all have our opinions but I liked some of the songs on CD. I would prefer if Matt and Steven were part of any future tour. I have no feelings toward Frank. He was a hired drummer. I agree Izzy will pop up every now and then and I think for fun Gilby should be allowed to show up. If they come to LA I will go. But ultimately, I hope new music comes from this. From the original writers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2016 at 3:15 AM, CoolHandLuke said:

What is the lineup going to be? We know Duff, Slash, and Axl but what about Matt/Steven, Izzy/Gilby, Dizzy/Pittman, etc. And will this "reunion" play the new GnR songs like "Better" or "Prostitute" or "Catcher in The Rye" etc?

I can confirm that CD era songs will be played on this tour - at least 2 songs.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I can confirm that CD era songs will be played on this tour - at least 2 songs.  

Good! I figured that was the logic in keeping more recent members of the band as well as continuing the constant that is guns  n roses.

Any idea on when we could get a full official announcement of the tour with a press conference?

Just now, PITBOSS said:

will SFTD be played? any Slash solo hits or VR stuff?

I don't know and can't confirm which CD tunes will be played I just know the band are learning them together.  

Who knows with the Slash stuff?  I personally would rather hear some of them than CD songs, but the best we may get could be something like Dr. Alibi with Duff on vocals while Axl is on an oxygen mask break.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

I don't know and can't confirm which CD tunes will be played I just know the band are learning them together.  

Who knows with the Slash stuff?  I personally would rather hear some of them than CD songs, but the best we may get could be something like Dr. Alibi with Duff on vocals while Axl is on an oxygen mask break.  

Right on, so they are all rehearsing- do you think we will see a warm up club gig?

On January 22, 2016 at 8:34 AM, Bobbo said:

Literally nothing indicates that pitman is out. He's not going anywhere. Deal 

• Like 1