Line Up? and Old/New GnR Songs

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Picture the scene. You have traveled a great distance at a great expense. There is tension in the arena. Axl, Slash and Duff on the stage for the first time since 1993: ''Du du du du dududu'' (opening riff to 'Chinese Democracy' played by Slash)....

nightmare

6 minutes ago, curmudgeonrose said:

You are so disrespectful. I will say a prayer for you tonight. Hang in there brother.

disrespectful is charging fans to hear songs from that dog shit album on a "reunion" tour

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

Picture the scene. You have traveled a great distance at a great expense. There is tension in the arena. Axl, Slash and Duff on the stage for the first time since 1993: ''Du du du du dududu'' (opening riff to 'Chinese Democracy' played by Slash)....

Sounds like a great scenario to me! Haha, but then again, I love the album so....

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

nightmare

disrespectful is charging fans to hear songs from that dog shit album on a "reunion" tour

Then don't go to the shows, sell your ticket

and stfu

I bet you saw Axl with the the nuband, though so your point is moot

Btw TIL was written in the UYI days so it would be logical to play that song.... so don't uuuughhh to me

and i don't even like TIL

Edited by Strange Broue
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Literally nothing indicates that pitman is out. He's not going anywhere. Deal 

He had a thinly veiled shit fit on Facebook and then deliberately took GNR out of his bio on the exact same day. And Eddie money (who has been spot on with everything else) has said he believes Pitman's out. So learn to read through the lines I guess?

8 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

I can confirm that CD era songs will be played on this tour - at least 2 songs.  

Jesus, really? Why? Absolute waste of time. But then again, not surprised.

Axl being a stubborn cunt and attempting to legitimize the nu songs by having what the public deems legit members playing them. Despicable :facepalm: If Slash and Duff don't get to at least play a VR song (which general audiences actually know), they're pathetic for being the bitch boys I always hoped they wouldn't be.

Guessing either or street of dreams and this I shit, or better and this I shit.

Edited by Bobbo
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bobbo said:

He had a thinly veiled shit fit on Facebook and then deliberately took GNR out of his bio on the exact same day. And Eddie money (who has been spot on with everything else) has said he believes Pitman's out. So learn to read through the lines I guess?

I didn't say he was out but have no confirmation that he is actually in either.  I know about Frank, fortus, and izzy's "participation" but that's it. Last post from me until next week. Sit tight fans. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Gotta go friends.  Headed to Tahiti for the week and don't think I'll have time to report much back.  Let's hope Mexico City sells out in seconds.  I'll catch some rays for all of you.  

I thought you would be going to Trinidad. Lol!

Edited by BigD62

18 hours ago, Bobbo said:

He just did that because he can't talk about guns n roses. Nobody can, which he confirmed himself. Idk, personally I don't read that as pitman being out but I get that for some strange reason there's a group of fans who feel the "reunion" will be "ruined" by him being there or that he could even hinder the sound of this band. Maybe he won't be there and he thought he would be? Personally I'd bet he'll be there. An extra body on stage won't hurt them. 

To each their own I just don't think any of them can talk, probably until the tour comes full swing

13 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

That's great.

Better - Catcher In The Rye

or

Chinese Democracy - This I Love

Duff knows Shackler's Revenge too.

This I love will probably be played when you think about it. The original band was working on it before things fell apart. Slash liked the album so I'm sure he and duff could pick a couple of their favorite songs like a better or a catcher to perform.

AFAIC not a tragedy.

Nearly all songs on CD were made, as far as guitar work is concerned, to be Slash-like or to be in the same vain (with Slash-style) to say at least. From jerky intros, to solid riffs to how some solos are structured. Maybe not as good as how Slash would do it (matter of taste), certainly overproduced, layered, filled with now dated gimmicky effects, but in a nutshell it's Slash-style. So perhaps it will be mildly amusing for him to take few of those numbers back. It's a pity Izzy and Steven, apparently, are not rehearsing with them, that would be a major improvement.

Edited by Colossus of Rhodes

One of the arguments from the anti-Adler lobbyists here was that ''nobody cares about Izzy and Steven'' and/or ''nobody even knows who they are'' yet there has been a plethora of people citing their absence - case in part Alice Cooper and this very article.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

One of the arguments from the anti-Adler lobbyists here was that ''nobody cares about Izzy and Steven'' and/or ''nobody even knows who they are'' yet there has been a plethora of people citing their absence - case in part Alice Cooper and this very article.

Truth.. There certainly are people that don't care but I see a lot more people that do. We will just have to wait and see what happens.. When Black Sabbath first re-united for Ozzfest, Bill Ward wasn't involved.

Chinese Democracy is an aberration. It is not a Guns album. It is a complete joke! The people who are returning to the fold, the sensible people who ditched the ship when Slash left, do not want to hear shite from Chinese Democracy.

I didn't ditch the ship until 2002... It really isn't a true Guns N' Roses album though. It is to people that were more Axl fans than Guns N' Roses fans.. The album has a cult forum following and that is awesome but the masses do not want to hear those songs. Hell I hardly know anyone that has even heard or can name one song off the album.

• Like 1