Anyone else find a reunion without new material to be utterly boring?

This would only be a legit beef if you were arguing that if he stayed with his most recent line-up, there would be new stuff.

Since I don't believe that for a second, if its a case of picking between which guy I'd rather have on lead guitar playing the classic material, give me the guy that created it in the first place.

12 times out of 10, give me that.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually wanted to lose a bet. :lol:

It's probably the first time where I don't care about winning the actual prize haha.

Sure, $50 will buy me some records but really we'll ALL win if it ends up going my way.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually wanted to lose a bet. :lol:

It's probably the first time where I don't care about winning the actual prize haha.

Sure, $50 will buy me some records but really we'll ALL win if it ends up going my way.

If I end up having to spend $50.99 on a song like Scraped I'm gonna be pissed. :lol:

• Like 1

I'm tempted to jump in on this bet, since I really doubt there will be any new music. They barely had their act together in the studio when they were a more "functioning" band. But I usually lose my bets. So, I'm a little conflicted here :lol:

EDIT: For the record, I'd love to hear new music.

Edited by Zeppelin

I always said a reunion would happen before a new album.

Chances of we getting new music now that Slash is back are much bigger than during the post CD years.

Why? Record company would be much more open to releasing and promoting it. They were already very nice to Axl and did a huge promotion for CD but after seeing Axl boycotting his own record and realizing Axl's solo music wasn't that good, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't risk themselves with another turd from the Chinese Turd trilogy.

Another reason: Slash inspires Axl. Duff inspires Axl. Ron B. F. Thal doesn't inspire Axl. It's proven - BBF had to use his song ideas in his solo album, Axl rejected them all. Ashba doesn't inspire Axl. Stuson hates GNR and probably never worked hard in creating music. Duff loves GNR and will do anything to make it a huge band again.

There's Axl obviously who's very insecure and pretentious, Duff, Slash and Izzy can come up with a tune in one day, Axl will take 5 years to write lyrics to it. The problem is and always has been Axl, something obvious to those who aren't part of his army of lunatics.

So yeah, even though it's Axl we're talking about here, there were some changes that could lead us to new music, something that would never happen again if Axl continued with his solo carreer, which he calls Guns N' Roses too for commercial reasons.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 1

After 20 years of hating each other, and thinking Axl and Slash would never be on the same stage again, them getting back together is more than enough for me. New music is just icing on the cake. No way I'm complaining.

• Like 1

I find it fascinating how Axl can do a complete 180 and be reportedly working on new music in such a miniscule frame of time when he couldn't even put one new song together with his previous band of however many years! Maybe not even one verse... I still love that story of Bumblefoot saying he wrote a solo for Atlas Shrugged then never heard the status of how the song was coming along ever again... he is such an unpredictable fellow... I would love the thought process of how he approached a reunion in his mind when he wouldn't even attend the hall of fame not too long ago.

Just out of curiosity,what is the definition of new music?

What if they pull a VH and out out Bring it on home, just redone. Does that count?

From what Towlie was saying earlier, yeah I think a situation like A Different Kind Of Truth would count.

My opinion is that Axl didn't want to or wasn't motivated to work with the last touring lineup (dude wouldn't even get in on a band photo). I think they were sort of a hodgepodge to keep the thing going. Perhaps now that fences are mended we will have a better chance for new music. I doubt Slash will stick around if there's nothing new going on there in a few years. We have also heard rumors that they have already been in the studio? If they whole thing doesn't implode I bet we get new music by end of 2017. As always- it depends on Axl.

Not boring, but simply 10-12 years too late. I don't think that they will write a hit single like slither, etc again. But its cool to see the boys on stage again.

I hope they will release more UYI and afd bluray stuff. That would be great.

Edited by maxpax

There will be no new material. It will be two years of touring the hits. It is clear as day. I would be amazed if they even played deep cuts to be honest. I expect a setlist which will follow the ''Jungle, It's So Easy, Brownstone...'' pattern, played for about two years world wide.

But surely the songs they haven't played live yet (or for a long while) which could be added to the setlist will count as "new songs"? Not? ;)

Anyway, I think for the majority of Guns fans who wanted a reunion (yes I know), I doubt they care about new songs.

Edited by Bumblefeet

There will be no new material. It will be two years of touring the hits. It is clear as day. I would be amazed if they even played deep cuts to be honest. I expect a setlist which will follow the ''Jungle, It's So Easy, Brownstone...'' pattern, played for about two years world wide.

time to explore Izzy and Gilby's back catalogue once again.

Having seen the orignial AFD/UYI era bands live multiple times I was never a pro reunion guy as I know it could never approach what they were like when young but I would have made a big effort and paid the price to get tickets if the original AFD or even UYI Clarke/ Sorum lineup toured. But have to say I am less than enthusiastic over the hybrid Guns/ NuGuns lineup even more so if they don't put out new music.

But I can see the appeal for those fans who were too young to have seen the originals to want to see Axl/Slash and Duff play again even if it is a greatest hits tour. It is as close as they will ever get to see the real thing..............

Two years of touring? you really are being optimistic!................ :lol:

Edited by classicrawker
  • Like 1