Vicky Hamilton Interview: I Would Speak To Axl If He Called Me

INTERVIEW: VICKY HAMILTON

January 20, 2016

Last week I had the opportunity to sit down with Vicky Hamilton. You might recognize her name as being Guns N Roses’ first manager and for her work with other bands such as Faster Pussycat, Poison, and countless others during the 80’s. In the next couple months, Vicky will be releasing her autobiography entitled Appetite For Dysfunction. We talked about her career and what she sees for the future of music. See what she had to say below.

B. You were the one who introduced Axl to Slash

Vicky Hamilton: Well theoretically. They had jammed before, but I didn’t know that. I had booked Black Sheep, which Slash was in for about 10 minutes. When I started booking Hollywood Rose, previous to Guns N Roses, I introduced Slash to Axl that night at the… and they shook hands and acted like they were just meeting for the first time, but apparently had jammed before.

B. As their management consultant, what was it like with them in there…. I know Axl lived at your place and was hiding from the police for a while and they all moved in, except for Duff. I remember you mentioning a long time ago, you and your roommate locked yourselves in your room, because they had basically taken over the whole place.

VH: They were like stealing our t-shirts and things too. Yeah, Jennifer Perry and me had to live in the bedroom, barricaded the bedroom door. The guys all lived in the living room, Axl slept on the couch. The other guys slept in sleeping bags on the floor usually with a groupie or two. They would double up sleeping bags and zip them together.

B. One of the things I’ve always wanted to ask you about, everybody always asks about Axl and Slash and all that. But what was Izzy really like?

VH: Quiet, sarcastic. He had a really dry sense of humor but I appreciated it, you know? He was kind of a musical genius too, but he’s just really quiet. Somber looking.

B. A lot of people always think it was Slash behind all the music and everything like that. Everything I always randomly heard about was that Izzy was more of less the brain and Axl of everything.

VH: Slash was the business mind, but in the creative zone it was easily the three of them.

B. You worked with them all the way up to them getting signed to Geffen…When did your relationship end with them exactly?

VH: I took an A&R at Geffen and Geffen decided the band needed major management. We tried to work out a co-management deal like I had with Death Sailor, but they already had Motley Crue and they didn’t want another band that was strung out so that didn’t really come together.

B. Besides Slash do you have a relationship with anybody still?

VH: Mmmhmmm, Steven. When I see Duff, he’s friendly. I haven’t seen Izzy in like say 7 years or so, but when I see him, he’s fine. The only one I’ve never talked to again is Axl. I would speak to him if he called me.

B. I have two more questions for you. What are your thoughts on the future of music itself seeing as thought he physical copy has dwindled out of the picture?

VH: Although album sales are up. I think it’s changing. It will be a better music world soon because the laws are slowly changing. We only have baby bands, dinosaur bands. This week we lost Bowie; we lost Lemmy, Scott Weiland. The established artists are starting to die off. If we don’t start changing the laws, there will be no new bands because baby bands can’t afford to make a living at this business the way it is so things have got to change. I think it will be a more Internet savvy business with bands. It has to be. Because that’s the way everything is done now. My hope is that the laws will change and will favor artists.

Continue here: https://audioeclectica.wordpress.com/2016/01/20/interview-vicky-hamilton/

I really wish people would stop giving her attention.

I thought Slash texted her, and the reunion was not on??

Important early for Guns but I think she's lost all credibility, as she does every shit doc or vh1 show that references GnR... and the interviews just seem to say the same things "I was really important to them... they dumped me when they made it" or some quack diagnosis of Axls mental health.

And she would probably dish out every single thing Axl said if they talked... which is why they are not going to talk

The fact that she would post screencaps of her private texts with Slash (with Slash obviously lying to her because he knew the would blab about a reunion) says it all