Who's going to be the 3rd guitarist?

Only have Slash & Richard so far. But GnR needs 3 guitar players live or else songs would sound very diluted in comparison to the post 2000 shows.

No they don't.

Enough with the 3 guitarists bullshit.

Just Slash and Izzy.

And while we're at it, get rid of Pitman's cyber keyboard crap as well.

What the fuck ???

Michael Lee Firkins

Jason Becker (a well known guitarist sadly now paralyzed) gave an interview for Metal Sludge back in 2009(?) and said "Michael Lee Firkins told me he auditioned for GNR. Axl was sit-ting in the dark. He told Firkins that he used the whammy bar too much. HA HA! That made me lose a lot of respect for Axl. He obviously has no ear for brilliant and unique guitar playing. I think he blew it by not hiring Firkins.

FIRKINS.JPG

Based on that photo, Axl was right.

I would agree but remember who was chosen instead ? :lol:

Fortus knows his place as a side musician. Paul was brought in as a member of the band and Slash was forced to accept him. It's different.

I hope they keep two guitar players. Maybe Axl's solo tours needed three of them but this is GN'R we're talking about here.

• Like 1

Only have Slash & Richard so far. But GnR needs 3 guitar players live or else songs would sound very diluted in comparison to the post 2000 shows.

Geez. You know that some bands only have one guitarist and still sound fine?? They got Slash back, so they don't need a third guitarist.

• Like 1

Izzy Stradlin will be the 3rd guitarist

have the dave kushner rumours died?

There was never anything to them. Clear as day. He was asked by fans what he thought of GNR reuniting and he kept it simple saying he hoped they'd all reunite, then Mitch lafon aka lame duck Eddie trunk, took it and ran making something literally out of nothing all because he wanted attention.

Dj ASHBA would be a reasonable choice.

It was quite evident he wanted new music and now that the band is back together, he will get his chance.

ASHBA has history with Slash too. Everyone knows everyone and everyone already knows how to play the songs perfectly. Dj also has the image to match the band, too.

It makes sense completely.

• Like 1

Michael Lee Firkins

Jason Becker (a well known guitarist sadly now paralyzed) gave an interview for Metal Sludge back in 2009(?) and said "Michael Lee Firkins told me he auditioned for GNR. Axl was sit-ting in the dark. He told Firkins that he used the whammy bar too much. HA HA! That made me lose a lot of respect for Axl. He obviously has no ear for brilliant and unique guitar playing. I think he blew it by not hiring Firkins.

FIRKINS.JPG

Based on that photo, Axl was right.

Maybe he should use the photo method more

https://www.google.ca/search?q=dj+ashba&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjFn-W90r7KAhUMco4KHYtMAucQ_AUIBygB&biw=1918&bih=906#safe=active&tbm=isch&q=young+dj+ashba&imgrc=FOwl6hQW2On8-M%3A

I'd like to propose myself as a third guitarist. I can give up my crappy job ASAP, that's no problem, and I am willing to negotiate a fair deal money wise.

So Axl, Duff and Slash, if you're reading this... PM me! We can work something out, I'm sure.

Its Slash on lead guitar - no need for 3 guitars - just a rythmn player - Slash doesnt need any help on anything !

Slash will survive. It wouldn't hinder him or the sound. It would be two rhythm guitars keeping the sound in check. Slash actually may be helped by it you never know..

Everyone gives out about the 3rd guitar player but with Guns when they had 3 gtr players each guy was playing different guitar parts. They weren't all banging on an Am chord at the same time, Ron was adding the overdubs with his doubleneck, Fortus was playing the Izzy role, and Ashba was imitating Slash (half-heartedly). They all served a purpose.

I personally loved the 3 gtr attack, it wasn't quite refined until they toured in 2009; but once it was, it sounded incredible. For most people when they go to a concert they want it to sound like the record... some want it identical! and you just can't reproduce some things with 2 gtrs.

Can Guns go out with 2 gtrs? yes, but in my opinion it sounds better with 3. IMO instead of worrying about a third guitar worry about the 2nd keyboard!!! GnR does NOT need a 2nd keyboard player... I HOPE that Slash and whoever put their foot down about the 2nd Keyboard not being there... if you really want those extra sounds pipe them in, it's much cheaper too!

Dj ASHBA would be a reasonable choice.

It was quite evident he wanted new music and now that the band is back together, he will get his chance.

ASHBA has history with Slash too. Everyone knows everyone and everyone already knows how to play the songs perfectly. Dj also has the image to match the band, too.

It makes sense completely.

Unless it would derail the reunion lineup's plans for new music and touring, I would like to see any good material the NuGuns guys made get released along side new music the reunion might be bringing

Geez. You know that some bands only have one guitarist and still sound fine?? They got Slash back, so they don't need a third guitarist.

U2, Muse, the Police, the Killers---

They all sound fantastic live with ONE guitarist. Fuck this whole three guitar bullshit.

U2, Muse, the Police, the Killers---

They all sound fantastic live with ONE guitarist. Fuck this whole three guitar bullshit.

Don't forget Motorhead, Sabbath or ZZ Top.

Excellent sounding one-guitar-bands.

More than two guitarists aren't necessary