Who's going to be the 3rd guitarist?

I'm with Marc on this. I don't believe there's really a need for another lead guitar player in the band when you have Slash in it. He doesn't like it, he's good enough to fill the space with his playing approach. It is varied enough, lyrical, powerful, and blistering as well.

Plus you already have Fortus which is first a lead player, so in Guns he can find his place with Slash and I think it will be more than enough.

Only have Slash & Richard so far. But GnR needs 3 guitar players live or else songs would sound very diluted in comparison to the post 2000 shows.

Geez. You know that some bands only have one guitarist and still sound fine?? They got Slash back, so they don't need a third guitarist.

U2, Muse, the Police, the Killers---

They all sound fantastic live with ONE guitarist. Fuck this whole three guitar bullshit.

Don't forget Motorhead, Sabbath or ZZ Top.

Excellent sounding one-guitar-bands.

More than two guitarists aren't necessary

Van Halen and Zeppelin too.

Only have Slash & Richard so far. But GnR needs 3 guitar players live or else songs would sound very diluted in comparison to the post 2000 shows.

diluted?

who cares? before the 2000's, there were 2 guitarists and as of 1991 the rythm players were inaudible

The 3 guitars makes the overall sound really muddy and only a few songs would need it (some CD tracks and Locomotive etc)

Other than those, Axl needed 3 guitarists to over compensate Slash's and Izzy's sound... that is why he always brings in a guitar nerd...

To me, having 3 guitarist in this reunion is more worse than having Pitman for example....makes very little sense

Edited by Strange Broue

Fortus knows his place as a side musician. Paul was brought in as a member of the band and Slash was forced to accept him. It's different.

I hope they keep two guitar players. Maybe Axl's solo tours needed three of them but this is GN'R we're talking about here.

No Slash and Fortus are similar with their playing. Unlike the others that were brought in. Fortus has been the GNR Guitarist longer than anyone at this point.

Fortus knows his place as a side musician. Paul was brought in as a member of the band and Slash was forced to accept him. It's different.

I hope they keep two guitar players. Maybe Axl's solo tours needed three of them but this is GN'R we're talking about here.

No Slash and Fortus are similar with their playing. Unlike the others that were brought in. Fortus has been the GNR Guitarist longer than anyone at this point.

Fortus was never in the band called GN'R. Yes, he's been in Axl's solo band for a long time, as a hired musician. He does what he's told to do, not a band member by any means.

• Like 2