Slash's Snakepit reunion with Rod Jackson and the rest of 00' lineup. Will it ever happen?

sonofnazareth

Maybe someone remembers the details better than I, but I do recall that Rod and Slash had a major falling out. I think Rod was strung on on drugs and did some shit or something? Haha... Slash said he ended up hating that band though in his book I'm pretty sure (for personal not musical reasons).

For what it's worth I think Slash is much more interesting channeling his soulful side (BB King, Rod, James Brown collabs) than a lot of his metal projects.

Edited by Ant

i agree that it was slash's best solo work. for once, the singer didnt sound like an axl wannabee (singer from five o clock), mickey mouse on helium (miles) or highly uninteresting (scott, bless his soul)

rod jackson has one hell of a voice, and it complimented slash's guitar perfectly.

but so does axl's voice, and i know which one of the two i'd prefer

I'd pay good money to see that band play live again. Ain't Life Grand is generic but so is Appetite. Yet it all works so well, both are outstanding albums and it's easily the best album Slash has released since departing from Guns N Roses. Shame he hates it though.

i agree that it was slash's best solo work. for once, the singer didnt sound like an axl wannabee (singer from five o clock), mickey mouse on helium (miles) or highly uninteresting (scott, bless his soul)

rod jackson has one hell of a voice, and it complimented slash's guitar perfectly.

but so does axl's voice, and i know which one of the two i'd prefer

rod gave axl a run for his money.

I don't think it needs to happen.

The album is well liked among his fans, but it really didn't do anything. I don't think there's as much of a market for this reunion or that most rock fans can name who was in the 2000 version of Snakepit.

Edited by moreblack