Who kidnapped Steven Adler?

Seriously there should be an amber alert for this guy? His silence is the strangest thing in all of this. What in the world is going on with him? Could he be in rehab to get ready for a tour? Not saying he isn't sober but maybe they took him away to try to cope with a tour etc.

• Like 2

The overall silence of everyone speaks volumes. I'm guessing this whole reunion is gonna be massive in a lot of ways. Steven and Matt not talking makes me think they are in. Otherwise why the silence? You know Steven would be going nuts and shooting his mouth off if he was shut out.

• Like 4

Ya for sure! To muzzle Steven is no small feat. I think this whole Frank and Robin think is a smoke screen.

Doubt it.

I think Steven's silence speaks volumes. I think it obviously means he's in and will guest, probably at Coachella but not everywhere. The guy can never keep quiet and now he's finally doing just that. I really wouldn't be shocked if they had a guy following him around everywhere just to make sure he doesn't talk.

Then again, Matt's silence means nothing to me. I think unfortunately it means he's not apart of it, but maybe thats silly that I think silence from one band member means the complete opposite from another. I just think the Frank thing isn't a smoke screen, and there's no way they have 3 drummers. And I just don't think they can't NOT include Adler at all, which leaves Matt out.

Yeah gunsfanoldie is absolutely right about Adler.. I think he's sober and fine I just think he's under a gag order by axl and the boys until everything gets worked out with he tour and roles such as his are in writing. I would think that the Vegas shows selling out as quickly as they did will help the band get the money they're demanding for this tour so, I'm fairly confident we'll hear something soon. Estranged is right in the sense that it's clearly going to be a massive thing, not just slash and duff joining the current lineup and "That's it". There's more to this story but like I said, I'd be willing to bet that the holdup has been getting the $3 million per show. Promoters were probably weary but are more likely to agree to it now seeing the true demand there is for this.

Sorum I'm really not sure anything can be made about that silence or not.. On the one hand to keep this quiet you'd think he'd be involved, on the other, why stay so quiet if you're not? Loyalty and respect to axl slash and duff?! Just saying you never know.. Adler could be guesting certain shows and sorum could be guesting others. Adler could guest one coachella show and maybe Matt shows up to the other one? Trunk sounded pretty certain he wasn't involved but ya never know, it could have changed..

• Like 1

As far as I know Matt's friends with Slash/Duff, so if he's not in, he might just keep quiet out of respect to them. He doesn't seem like the type of lunatic that'll flip out and cry to the media about it. Adler is just that so the fact he's quiet means they either threw him a bone to keep him happy or they pulled some legal move to force him to shut up. I can't imagine anyone thinking Alder being the full-time drummer for a tour is a good idea though.

Here is my theory.

Axl, Slash and Duff are now the only members of Guns N' Roses. This thing will then be Axl, Slash, Duff with a series of guest performers (Steven, Matt, Izzy - possibly Gilby for the odd show) slotted around them. Frank and Richard will pick up the left overs and be included as permanent backing. Dizzy and Pitman will also be backing musicians.

It will resemble, in a more extreme form, the Stones recent touring, with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman guesting.

• Like 1

And I'm thinking that Steven keeping his mouth shut is wierd regardless of gag orders. I just doubt he's capable of it. He must be kept somewhere where he has no access to the media and can't possibly meet a journalist... A long trip to the Amzon jungle or something :lol:

Yeah gunsfanoldie is absolutely right about Adler.. I think he's sober and fine I just think he's under a gag order by axl and the boys until everything gets worked out with he tour and roles such as his are in writing. I would think that the Vegas shows selling out as quickly as they did will help the band get the money they're demanding for this tour so, I'm fairly confident we'll hear something soon. Estranged is right in the sense that it's clearly going to be a massive thing, not just slash and duff joining the current lineup and "That's it". There's more to this story but like I said, I'd be willing to bet that the holdup has been getting the $3 million per show. Promoters were probably weary but are more likely to agree to it now seeing the true demand there is for this.

Sorum I'm really not sure anything can be made about that silence or not.. On the one hand to keep this quiet you'd think he'd be involved, on the other, why stay so quiet if you're not? Loyalty and respect to axl slash and duff?! Just saying you never know.. Adler could be guesting certain shows and sorum could be guesting others. Adler could guest one coachella show and maybe Matt shows up to the other one? Trunk sounded pretty certain he wasn't involved but ya never know, it could have changed..

Everyone that appears to have a source appears to have heard NOTHING about Sorum, or explicitly that he isn't involved. Trunk and others. Which is why I think they aren't all wrong. ONE place included Sorum and it was Consequences Of Sound but I think they may have been misinformed because no one has run with Matt. I really really want Matt to be included, but the bottom line is he didn't play on Appetite, and if they have Frank, which I'd be shocked that they wouldn't based off all those clues, there's simply no need or room for Sorum. I'd prefer him over Frank, but when we're looking at it, they're the same person. Solid drummers that could back the band. And Frank wins because he was already in Axl's band. Thats why I think his silence is negative while Steven's is positive.

Here is my theory.

Axl, Slash and Duff are now the only members of Guns N' Roses. This thing will then be Axl, Slash, Duff with a series of guest performers (Steven, Matt, Izzy - possibly Gilby for the odd show) slotted around them. Frank and Richard will pick up the left overs and be included as permanent backing. Dizzy and Pitman will also be backing musicians.

It will resemble, in a more extreme form, the Stones recent touring, with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman guesting.

I'd be quite happy with that. My take is that Steven plays Coachella, maybe a handful of other guest appearances at other shows. I don't think he'll be in Vegas. Izzy I think also plays a handful of shows, maybe Coachella, but like 5 of the rumored 25 stadium dates. I think he will be in Vegas. Matt I simply don't think is playing. Gilby? I love the guy but I think we're grasping at straws with his inclusion. It really doesn't make sense and serves no purposes when any guitar player could do just that. Gilby would be the ultimate "throwing a bone" thing and I think would only happened if they wanted a TRUE Illusion lineup.

I think you see Frank and Richard and Dizzy and Pitman every show, and like 2 shows get the Appetite lineup, while the other 8 either get Izzy or Steven but not both. And the other 15 just get Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Pitman and Frank.

• Like 1

Everyone that appears to have a source appears to have heard NOTHING about Sorum, or explicitly that he isn't involved. Trunk and others. Which is why I think they aren't all wrong. ONE place included Sorum and it was Consequences Of Sound but I think they may have been misinformed because no one has run with Matt. I really really want Matt to be included, but the bottom line is he didn't play on Appetite, and if they have Frank, which I'd be shocked that they wouldn't based off all those clues, there's simply no need or room for Sorum. I'd prefer him over Frank, but when we're looking at it, they're the same person. Solid drummers that could back the band. And Frank wins because he was already in Axl's band. Thats why I think his silence is negative while Steven's is positive.

Here is my theory.

I'd be quite happy with that. My take is that Steven plays Coachella, maybe a handful of other guest appearances at other shows. I don't think he'll be in Vegas. Izzy I think also plays a handful of shows, maybe Coachella, but like 5 of the rumored 25 stadium dates. I think he will be in Vegas. Matt I simply don't think is playing. Gilby? I love the guy but I think we're grasping at straws with his inclusion. It really doesn't make sense and serves no purposes when any guitar player could do just that. Gilby would be the ultimate "throwing a bone" thing and I think would only happened if they wanted a TRUE Illusion lineup.

I think you see Frank and Richard and Dizzy and Pitman every show, and like 2 shows get the Appetite lineup, while the other 8 either get Izzy or Steven but not both. And the other 15 just get Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, Richard, Pitman and Frank.

Well It could be just a case of Gilby playing Dead Flowers if the tour arrives in Cleveland, Ohio or wherever Gilby now resides - it would take a heart of stone to deny Gilby that. The point of the matter is, Richard and Frank will be there in their capacity during the full rehearsals and be able to pick up the pieces if Izzy decides to flake out, or Adler starts hitting the junk again. Guns could at any time play whatever is intended if the guest appearances did not exist, but the guest appearances will be sort of slotted around the tour. I think we will see Matt at some stage. The guest appearances will probably be paid on a show-by-shown basis, or for a small portion of the tour, whereas the backing musicians will be on a longer salary.

Now I have a mental picture of Steven Adler in a poorly lit room, tied to a chair, grinning like an idiot.

I share that vision with you ;)

Honestly, I don't even think we'd feel sorry for him in that regard. I think even he'd be psyched. He's finally getting what he always wanted.

But yeah, thats a great and probably honestly accurate image. I could also just picture him in a room with Axl and Slash just staring at them in shock and disbelief, for 4 months straight.

There definitely is something up. I have a very good feeling based on what' I've seen that it will be the AFD 5. The shows will pull mainly from AFD and lies material. Adler can play the UYI staples no problem obviously civil war included. Why can't Adler handle 25-30 shows?

I hope Steven shows up for at least a handful of these. I could care less about Gilby, he was only a hired touring hand anyway not a constructive member. I agree that Stevens silence means he must be included in some fashion. I really would like to see Izzy as well. I hope that the Vegas shows at least include Steven or Izzy

Here is my theory.

i remember the "guns n' roses and friends" poster years ago. Gilby, matt, sorum, Steven and izzy will be involved in the US tour. Otherwise one of them would have talked yet.

I really think he's been locked in the vault with Paul Huge. Either the sheer brilliance of The General has left him speechless, or he can't unlock the door.

Rumor has it that the vault takes those who visit it... Back in time. In other words, he's warning young Alder about the future.. Haha