Who kidnapped Steven Adler?

That was just as good as Slash's latest CD!

No, it wasn't... it's not a matter of personal taste, it's a cold hard fact. Slash often get critisicsm for his mediocre albums, but he and Myles is a fucking Mozart compared to the ADLER band

I NEVER WANT MUSIC TO EVER EVER SOUND DIFFERENT THAN IT DID 1986-1994. So I hope he always sounds dated

you seem to doesn't understand the word "dated" in this context...

or you doesn't understand basic sound engineering :shrugs:

The sound of music in the 80s was the best.

To each his own.. i would prefer 60's and 70's if we are talking about psychoacoustics...

it's better to burn out than it is to be a NOBODY.

he is basically a nobody since he got kicked out of GNR

and I'm highly anti drugs, I'm even anti pot....

I'm highly pro SOFT drugs and i smoke pot regularly

Quality over Quantity any day.

Then you should prefer what you will have

No, it wasn't... it's not a matter of personal taste, it's a cold hard fact. Slash often get critisicsm for his mediocre albums, but he and Myles is a fucking Mozart compared to the ADLER band

I NEVER WANT MUSIC TO EVER EVER SOUND DIFFERENT THAN IT DID 1986-1994. So I hope he always sounds dated

you seem to doesn't understand the word "dated" in this context...

or you doesn't understand basic sound engineering :shrugs:

The sound of music in the 80s was the best.

To each his own.. i would prefer 60's and 70's if we are talking about psychoacoustics...

it's better to burn out than it is to be a NOBODY.

he is basically a nobody since he got kicked out of GNR

and I'm highly anti drugs, I'm even anti pot....

I'm highly pro SOFT drugs and i smoke pot regularly

Quality over Quantity any day.

Then you should prefer what you will have

Steve has a net worth of over two million dollars, nobody that is a Millionaire is a NOBODY.

Besides that, when a person is 1/5 responsible for creating the best rock cd of ALL time, Appetite, they don't ever have to ever "do"anything else in life afterwards, and they will still forever be a SOMEBODY.

I understand the context, I love the tone of his drum kit and the way it was mixed on appetite.

I love it more so than anything that Matt recorded.

As far as preferring quality, and you saying I should prefer what I have, I disagree.... I don't care how technically more skilled Matt Sorum is over Steve, same thing with Buckethead vs Slash. I hate Buckethead. Technical skill doesn't always make the best MUSIC. Rusty Cooley has some skill and chops, but none of what he plays sounds like actual music, it just sounds like someone practicing scale shapes.

As far as you liking pot, dude that's your choice. Me though, I'm very straight edge, very conservative and traditional, Christian, and extremely far right politically. So maybe that has something to do with why you dislike Steve and I like him, I don't know man haha

I just don't think you are qualified to say Steve is dumb or stupid. That was my main gripe.

Musical tastes are just that, tastes, we all are gonna have our faves.

¨^This times a thousand!

¨^This times a thousand!

I disagree 100% times a million.

I like Myles Kennedy & Slash bands newest record.... However I think the singer for Adler on Back from the Dead is a much, much better singer than Miles.

And I actually think some of the guitar solos on the Adler CD sound better than some of the solos Slash composed on Slash's new CD.

I've listened to Slash's newest CD a LOT of times the last couple weeks, and I think it's the best thing Slash has put out since he left GNR, however, I think the music sounds better on the Adler CD, so I find myself listening to the Adler CD more often than the new Slash/Miles CD.

But again it's a matter of taste.

And I'm a neoclassical metal guitarist, and I wouldn't compare anyone associated with GNR as being on the musical genius levels as Mozart.... I save that for Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and Randy Rhoads.

There are no "facts" in which band sounds better haha, only opinions. Majority does not dictate what is good or what is bad, if that were so then I guess Justin Beiber would be the Mozart of our time based on popular opinion and mass appeal but he's not lol

¨^This times a thousand!

I like Myles Kennedy & Slash bands newest record.... However I think the singer for Adler on Back from the Dead is a much, much better singer than Miles.

And I actually think some of the guitar solos on the Adler CD sound better than some of the solos Slash composed on Slash's new CD.

I've listened to Slash's newest CD a LOT of times the last couple weeks, and I think it's the best thing Slash has put out since he left GNR, however, I think the music sounds better on the Adler CD, so I find myself listening to the Adler CD more often than the new Slash/Miles CD.

And I'm a neoclassical metal guitarist, and I wouldn't compare anyone associated with GNR as being on the musical genius levels as Mozart.... I save that for Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen and Randy Rhoads.

There are no "facts" in which band sounds better haha, only opinions. Majority does not dictate what is good or what is bad, if that were so then I guess Justin Beiber would be the Mozart of our time based on popular opinion and mass appeal but he's not lol

Fair play, sir! <_<

I prefer SMKC over Adler but I'll give Back From The Dead an honest listen tonight!

And I agree that non GN'Rs members are on level with either Mozart or Steve, Yngwie or Randy for that matter! :headbang:

Here is my theory.

Axl, Slash and Duff are now the only members of Guns N' Roses. This thing will then be Axl, Slash, Duff with a series of guest performers (Steven, Matt, Izzy - possibly Gilby for the odd show) slotted around them. Frank and Richard will pick up the left overs and be included as permanent backing. Dizzy and Pitman will also be backing musicians.

It will resemble, in a more extreme form, the Stones recent touring, with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman guesting.

I agree, I think you might however see Dizzy listed as an official member. Makes no sense to have him as a member of the band from 1991 - 2015 and then reduced to backing musician.

However I could see it pointed out that it looks better to have Axl, Slash, Duff (and Dizzy - optional) as the faces of the band, the ones that people reconise. Like the Who, they only have Rogery Daltrey and Pete Townsend as official members but their current drummer (Zak Starkey joined in 1996) and bass player (Pino Pallidino - 2002) are just "additional musicans" same as the keyboard player and additional guitarist.

It will be interesting to see if Fortus runs out the front or is more in the shadows at the back.

¨^This times a thousand!

Fair play, sir! <_<

I prefer SMKC over Adler but I'll give Back From The Dead an honest listen tonight!

And I agree that non GN'Rs members are on level with either Mozart or Steve, Yngwie or Randy for that matter! :headbang:

Hey it's always good to see another Randy Rhoads fan! His mom died a few months ago, I hear quite a bit of unreleased video footage of a couple Randy concerts will be released soon as well as probably several boxes of private guitar lessons that were recorded audio only by one of his students. I am so wired after buying a ticktet yesterday I can't sleep, all I can do is play GNR and read this forum like a madman! haha

Here is my theory.

Axl, Slash and Duff are now the only members of Guns N' Roses. This thing will then be Axl, Slash, Duff with a series of guest performers (Steven, Matt, Izzy - possibly Gilby for the odd show) slotted around them. Frank and Richard will pick up the left overs and be included as permanent backing. Dizzy and Pitman will also be backing musicians.

It will resemble, in a more extreme form, the Stones recent touring, with Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman guesting.

I agree, I think you might however see Dizzy listed as an official member. Makes no sense to have him as a member of the band from 1991 - 2015 and then reduced to backing musician.

However I could see it pointed out that it looks better to have Axl, Slash, Duff (and Dizzy - optional) as the faces of the band, the ones that people reconise. Like the Who, they only have Rogery Daltrey and Pete Townsend as official members but their current drummer (Zak Starkey joined in 1996) and bass player (Pino Pallidino - 2002) are just "additional musicans" same as the keyboard player and additional guitarist.

It will be interesting to see if Fortus runs out the front or is more in the shadows at the back.

I just don't understand, that if Izzy isn't gonna be a main guy, then why couldn't they have let Gilby Clark come back and play with Slash? I prefer GNR stay a 2 guitar band, not 3. I like seeing Slash be in the spotlight most of the time, with a laid back rhytm guitarist that can complement that without getting in his way.

• Like 1

¨^This times a thousand!

Fair play, sir! <_<

Hey it's always good to see another Randy Rhoads fan! His mom died a few months ago, I hear quite a bit of unreleased video footage of a couple Randy concerts will be released soon as well as probably several boxes of private guitar lessons that were recorded audio only by one of his students. I am so wired after buying a ticktet yesterday I can't sleep, all I can do is play GNR and read this forum like a madman! haha

That unreleased guitar solo called "RR" that was featured on Ozzy's expanded re-release of Blizzard is amazing! :headbang:

Oh and as a swede Yngwie is every Swedish rockers god, in the same way that The Final Countdown is our anthem even though it has been played and over used to death ;)

Young Swedish Vinyl: Check out the Texas Soundcheck of Randy Rhoads on youtube, and also the palladium stuff and the new mexico diary of a madman footage if you haven't already seen it. Randy has a awesome forum at ultimaterhoads.com if you aren't already a member, they have all the boot shows of randy there for free download.

Plus check out this trailer to a documentary on RR that may never come out

https://youtu.be/7e4sO32rec0

I am the guy that first uploaded that footage that has never before seen RR footage everywhere to the internet after I stole it from the director Peter Margolis. (I stole the footage of the film trailer) Which actually caused me to be written about in a book about Randy Rhoads that Kelly Garni from Quiet Riot wrote and I was in a music video with Kelly, all because I became a hero for stealing the footage and giving it too all the other Randy Rhoads fans, like a robin Hood, haha I'm quite proud of that because RR is my favorite guitarist, Yngwie #2

Edited by romeorose
  • Like 1

Young Swedish Vinyl: Check out the Texas Soundcheck of Randy Rhoads on youtube, and also the palladium stuff and the new mexico diary of a madman footage if you haven't already seen it. Randy has a awesome forum at ultimaterhoads.com if you aren't already a member, they have all the boot shows of randy there for free download.

Will check it out man! Thank for letting me know! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

¨^This times a thousand!

Fair play, sir! <_<

Its pretty good, although I don't know how much they'd hit the pipe when they decided a pop punk ballad was a good idea (Waterfall).

Also whoever said AFD is the best selling rock album of all time might want to go and look up some sales figures. I mean it did well but Back in Black, Led Zep's IV, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Bat out of hell,Hotel California all out sold it (delete as appropiate for what you consider rock)

¨^This times a thousand!

Fair play, sir! <_<

I hope you enjoy it!! I also think it's a great album. The only song I don't care for is "Waterfall." But the title track, Own Worst Enemy, Good To Be Bad, Just Don't Ask, Blown Away, Habit, and Dead Wrong are all killer songs.

I hope Adler is there.... I've never understood why so many dislike Adler, yeah he was a drug addict, but so was everyone else in the band except Axl I guess. I don't get why Steve gets so much hate. I don't see what Steve has ever done that was so wrong. Steve and Duff seem like the most good hearted down to earth members of GNR.

Steve is the dumbest of them all and for me that's the reason I like him the least (which doesn't mean I don't like him at all or hate him, that would be ridiculous). Besides he fucked up the most and fucked up the soonest.

You know Adler personally? How would you know he's dumb at all? None of us know any of these people in real life.

But all of them speak and basing on how people talk you can easily see their intelligence level. Plus Steven wrote a book whcih spoke volumes of his intelligence, that's enough for me.

I don't know what there is to debate here, I think the majority of us accept that the line up goes something fairly close to this Axl, Duff, Slash, Dizzy, Frank with very strong possibilities of Izzy guest spots, Steven is the only question for me. I'd guess he has some role, but that could change at the drop of a hat (top hat, cowbow hat etc).

I also think there's a question over Pitman, we all secretly would love if he pissed off like Dj... but there's still a good chance that Axl will bring his pal with him.

So people to speculate over Pitman and Steven; Izzy will definitely show up on stage with Guns even if it doesn't happen at Coachella or Vegas

Steven Adler has been moved to deserted island, with no wifi, no internet, no phone. So he can't blab blab blab about the tour. He was left there with food, water, and a drum kit, along with demo tapes of the 3-4 songs he will play during the set. They will pick him up a few days before the Vegas shows.

I'm guessing someone (Slash/Duff/Axl/Management) told him that if he wanted to be a part of it and have a guest spot, his best chance was to keep his mouth shut and not say a word to the media. Good for him for staying quiet this long.

Edited by sofine11

I hope Adler is there.... I've never understood why so many dislike Adler, yeah he was a drug addict, but so was everyone else in the band except Axl I guess. I don't get why Steve gets so much hate. I don't see what Steve has ever done that was so wrong. Steve and Duff seem like the most good hearted down to earth members of GNR.

Steve is the dumbest of them all and for me that's the reason I like him the least (which doesn't mean I don't like him at all or hate him, that would be ridiculous). Besides he fucked up the most and fucked up the soonest.

You know Adler personally? How would you know he's dumb at all? None of us know any of these people in real life.

But all of them speak and basing on how people talk you can easily see their intelligence level. Plus Steven wrote a book whcih spoke volumes of his intelligence, that's enough for me.

Intelligence is what you seek in Guns N' Roses?

• Like 1

¨^This times a thousand!

ah i see, you just have a mediocre taste in rock music

no biggie

Steven not even wrote that book, he used a ghost writer, but the writer's gf came here and told us that Steven fucked over his royalties and payments...

Steven is just stuck in 1987, which is sad

Btw my whole point with Mozart was just a metafora, not an actual debating point, so you people better cut this Malmsteen, Rhoads crap out from here.... i have never thought ANY GNR or any other rock musician as Mozart. He was the real deal back in the day :lol: rock musicians are mostly jokes compared to real composers....

That being said. Randy was probably among the best guitarists in the 80's while Malmsteen is just a guitar nerd

If you like Malmsteen and dislike Buckethead, then that's just laughable

Edited by Strange Broue

Intelligence is what I seek in EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING... At least an acceptable level of it. I hate dumbness, sorry... Personal preference.

Pardon? Axl is highly intelligent. Slash is not a stupid man. Duff is no slouch either. Izzy is intelligent. Steven evens things out.

Guns N' Roses ARE intelligent! Just listen to their interviews when they were young, listen to the lyrics that were written by Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy...

• Like 1

Plus if Steven was smart, he wouldn't be so much fun like crazy cartoon characters which are often silly. The genetic recipe is perfect. In a way, it makes it more rock n' roll. He brought the fun to Gn'R. It can be a lot of fun with him on board if Axl chooses to be reasonable and include him.

Edited by Rovim