Josh Homme should produce the next GN'R album.

Evidence:

He's resurrecting Iggy. Could he do the same for Axl and the boys? His resume is virtually spotless.

I am pretty sure that he is still shook up over being in the Terrorist attack in France. Other than that, he has bad mouthed Axl so much that it would never happen. I would say that there is a better chance of Ron Thal producing the next album, if there is one... But in this crazy world, who knows... Anything is possible.

I think it would, at the very least, give them a good amount of relevance and credibility -- and not at the risk of artistic integrity, either. Homme is respected and all his albums he's produced have been met with rave reviews. The new track with Iggy got "Best New Track" from Pitchfork, and his last album with Queens earned numerous year-end rewards and critics' lists. I'm not saying I'd want GN'R to abandon their classic sound, but I think he could do something interesting with it, give them a different edge without compromising what made them good to begin with. As you said, look at what he did with the Arctic Monkeys or Iggy. Hell, even the album he did with Grohl and John Paul Jones was solid, and it wasn't like either of those guys' musical sensibilities weren't given breathing room.

• Like 2

Lullabies to Paralyze is in my top three favourite albums released in the first decade of the 21st century. I don't think there's a single track I don't like on that album. Home has a great sense of melody and rhythm, something I think Axl shares. It would be an interesting experiment. Can't see it ever happening considering Axl!s less than kind words for EODM, but it!s a cool concept to think about.

I think it would, at the very least, give them a good amount of relevance and credibility -- and not at the risk of artistic integrity, either. Homme is respected and all his albums he's produced have been met with rave reviews. The new track with Iggy got "Best New Track" from Pitchfork, and his last album with Queens earned numerous year-end rewards and critics' lists. I'm not saying I'd want GN'R to abandon their classic sound, but I think he could do something interesting with it, give them a different edge without compromising what made them good to begin with. As you said, look at what he did with the Arctic Monkeys or Iggy. Hell, even the album he did with Grohl and John Paul Jones was solid, and it wasn't like either of those guys' musical sensibilities weren't given breathing room.

Mate, I don't even like (not that I dislike!) Josh Homme but I'm hard pressed to argue against any of this.

If Gardenia is anything to go by, he sure as shit has revitalised Iggy's music again and if JPJ thought enough of him to form Them Crooked Vultures, well I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I remember Homme mainly from when Kyuss supported Metallica on the Black tour and he went crowd sufing, only for security not to recognise him on the wayback and they beat him up :lol:

Also, he seems to have an ear for melody and Axl seems rather ballad/introspective driven if CD is anything to go by.

• Like 1

Nope, can't get into QOTSA, couldn't even get it into Them Crooked Vultures (and my ex-gf used to play that CD all the time), I honestly don't understand the love for Josh Homme. Please keep him as far away from GNR as possible :lol:

What about Kyuss?

How do you pronounce his name?

The Ginger Elvis.