Matt Sorum Talks The Making Of Use Your Illusions I & II In New Interview

I liked that Pat Boone Debbie Boone drum fill story, haha.

That drum fill is all over those two albums and it has always bugged me. Glad to see it wasn't Matt's fault.

It's funny how he says they wanted to do it in very few takes and have real energy to the tracks. Yet, this overthought, overdone, drum fill pops up everywhere on UYI 1 and 2. Estranged still one of the best GNR songs ever regardless.

Thanks for the link. Watching it now. Really like Matt and hope he's involved in the reunion

He'll be there :thumbsup:

Our latest GNR-insiderEddie Money has only confirmed Izzy for Vegas not Sorum or Adler.

What, what??? Are you serious? IZZY is actually confirmed 100% for sure for Vegas????? wow, I must have missed that, wow

Thanks for the link. Watching it now. Really like Matt and hope he's involved in the reunion

He'll be there :thumbsup:
Our latest GNR-insiderEddie Money has only confirmed Izzy for Vegas not Sorum or Adler.

What, what??? Are you serious? IZZY is actually confirmed 100% for sure for Vegas????? wow, I must have missed that, wow

Nothing is 100% confirmed but a guy who posts here who has been right about other things said Izzy is in for Vegas.

Interesting to hear about the dozen of different snares. Too bad this effort has mostly been wasted by too much compression added on the drums during the mixing stage...

I have always thought that the snares on UYI had a nice base sound under all the production techniques. For me, it is the reverb on the drums that wreck them. Massive Phil Collins toms and big round snares really date the records.

Edited by SoundOfAGun