Do you think older fans from the 80's will react well to the Axl Rose of 2016?

Facekicker

You know the types, people in their late 40's and older who followed GNR almost three decades ago but kind of lost touch with the band since 1993.

They tend to forget that the Ritz 88 was nearly 30 years ago, to them as a fan it was a few years ago.

How do you think they will react when Axl appears in front of them and 30 years of aging suddenly dawns on them?

I think if he's tried then they will accept him no problem and have a great night. If he's late, under rehearsed and not bothered then I could see a few people being pissed off. I don't think anyone casual fan or die hard is expecting Axl to look, sing or act like he did back in the day. I think what people do expect is for him to be giving his all. To defend Axl I've seen him live 4 times, he was always late but always gave his all.

Yeah but Joe Public seems to react badly when they realise Axl isn't a 130Ibs skinny rat anymore.

I'd say some of the 80's crew will be shocked. Maybe it reminds them in an uncomfortable way of their own aging.

Is Axl an uncomfortable mirror for the 80's kids?

You know the types, people in their late 40's and older who followed GNR almost three decades ago but kind of lost touch with the band since 1993.

They tend to forget that the Ritz 88 was nearly 30 years ago, to them as a fan it was a few years ago.

How do you think they will react when Axl appears in front of them and 30 years of aging suddenly dawns on them?

They'll probably look down at their own gut and say, "oh well".

• Like 2

Axl as a public figure and performer should keep himself in shape. He owes that to the fans in order to give them the best show possible. As simple as that.

As for the fans in their 40's already (as in my case) there's no gut to speak of and I'm damn proud of keeping myself in shape through a disciplined food and exercise regime. Age is NO excuse to let yourself go. Be better than that.

I'd be happy enough if Axl kept himself in shape as someone like Jon Bon Jovi that's about the same age...

Jon+Bon+Jovi+Jon+Bon+Jovi+Kenneth+Cole+C

Edited by trqster
  • Like 3

Axl Rose owes the fans nothing. He doesn't work for you.

That's laughable....and you know it. He owes a lot to people willing to pay $350 plus fees to attend his performance. Sure he doesn't work for any of them. But, if he wants to gain the respect of the general populous again he'll come correct.

Otherwise, his legacy will be irreparable.

Axl Rose owes the fans nothing. He doesn't work for you.

If you pay $250 plus for a ticket the least Axl can do is be in shape to put on a better performance. I don'twant to see him waddle around stage and be out of breath constantly. Imagine if Mick Jagger had let himself go 20 years ago.

Those aren't my words. They're Axl's. Right from this forum I believe.

And most GNR fans today were not alive in the 80's.

Just look in the Axl chat #1 and his response to fans expectations

I don't work for you. Just cuz u think so don't make it true.

And

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Edited by Jackie Treehorn

Those aren't my words. They're Axl's. Right from this forum I believe.

And most GNR fans today were not alive in the 80's.

HUH???? Most if not all unless we died an early death were and still are alive. This reunion is what most of the fans who know whet it was really like to watch the real band live want to re-live. I realize that they are not hart partiers in their 20's anymore. I realize that Axl wont even sound or look half of what he was. its fine for me. If you really think CD got the band a bunch of new fans, you are kidding yourself

• Like 1

Axl as a public figure and performer should keep himself in shape. He owes that to the fans in order to give them the best show possible. As simple as that.

As for the fans in their 40's already (as in my case) there's no gut to speak of and I'm damn proud of keeping myself in shape through a disciplined food and exercise regime. Age is NO excuse to let yourself go. Be better than that.

I am in my 40's and also keep myself in shape.. Age isn't an excuse and as a performer making millions, it should be part of your job..

The original poster seem to be constantly taking jabs at "80's" kids in this thread and others. He is in a Guns N' Roses forum. The majority of Guns N' Roses fans were 80's kids. Not sure the motives but he just comes off as a complete ass clown.

I get called an "age-ist" on here often. I don't care what year someone was born. I was lucky enough to see GNR in 92. Does that make me a bigger fan than someone who wasn't born til 92 but saw them 20 times over the last several years? Nope. At the same time someone who was in diapers when the UYI's or AFD came out shouldn't be telling older fans how it was back in the day because they read some magazines or watched YouTube clips. We are all big fans. It makes no difference to me how Axl looks,I just want a great three hour show and a few surprises both nights in Vegas. Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 2

I've been a fan of G N' R since the late 80's and have watched them since.....but even people in my age group, friends, etc (that aren't as big of fans) have seen Axl in commercials, the media, etc over the years....it's not like people in their late 30's got stuck in a time capsule from the 80's.....lol. :lol:

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

They're not stupid. They've aged 28 years since 1988. I am sure they are capable of understanding that Axl has also aged 28 years.

Who cares what Axl looks like? If GNR rocks like I know they will that's all that matters.

This. I don't care if he looks like Jabba the Hutt or performs in a clown costume; if he sings well and is intense onstage, he will bring the house down.

How fucking patronising!!! I first saw GNR in 1991 then not again until 2010, then 2012 - 4 times. Luckily I've got tickets for both shows in Vegas. I know exactly how Axl looks and sounds thank you very much. I think you'd have to have been off the planet or in a coma to not know how Axl looks now. How old re you? 12?

Edited by Lindy100
  • Like 2

How fucking patronising!!! I first saw GNR in 1991 then not again until 2010, then 2012 - 4 times. Luckily I've got tickets for both shows in Vegas. I know exactly how Axl looks and sounds thank you very much. I think you'd have to have been off the planet or in a coma to not know how Axl looks now. How old re you? 12?

As one of those mid 40's types who was a big Guns fan back when I was 16, I lost touch with them about 1992 (fu*k really 24 years ago, time goes so quickly feels like yesterday). I started to follow what the band was doing again in 2014 after the Vegas residencies.

Thank you for your concern but I can honestly say it has never been the appearance of Axl that has ever made me question the passing of the years..

Edited by Archtop

Opinion from an "80s kid"!

I'm reading the forums from time to time and my impression is that most of you guys are constantly over analyzing everything and this is meaningless. like this topic for example. I think it's great that GN'R are back and the boys will play together again. I will enjoy every bit of the coming bad-ass rock n' roll shows because after 20+ years they are still in my heart, their music is build in my veins and they still rock!

Edited by flyaway
  • Like 1