Do you think older fans from the 80's will react well to the Axl Rose of 2016?

Facekicker

Hey I am 41 and still follow the band pretty regular even during the dead years. But GNR was and is still my favorite band. I enjoyed them back in the day and I also enjoyed NuGNR and I think it is bad ass that they are back together. I think as long as you have Axl Slash and Duff on the same stage most will not care that it is not a full reunion because we seen them without Izzy and Steven back in the UYI tour.

As far as what Axl looks like most people that have aged will understand he does not look the same as he did back in there hey day most of us have went through age changes also and he is what 12 years or so older than us.

People on this forum take what Axl looks like wayyyyyy to serious.

Now his vocals have to be better than they have been but it is insane to expect him to sound like he did back in the late 80's early 90's.

Myself I would love to hear vocals like in 06 but that just isn't going to happen now, I think 2010 is possible.

His energy level on stage needs to be stepped up and I think it will be but not to the level it was in 06 but 2010 Axl would be a good place for him to be at.

I'll take what I can get and most of us older folks will enjoy the shows we get a chance to see.

Edited by bigcountry
  • Like 2

Yeah but Joe Public seems to react badly when they realise Axl isn't a 130Ibs skinny rat anymore.

I'd say some of the 80's crew will be shocked. Maybe it reminds them in an uncomfortable way of their own aging.

Is Axl an uncomfortable mirror for the 80's kids?

Some of us kept ourselves in great shape ;) Edited by jmapelian

You know the types, people in their late 40's and older who followed GNR almost three decades ago but kind of lost touch with the band since 1993.

They tend to forget that the Ritz 88 was nearly 30 years ago, to them as a fan it was a few years ago.

How do you think they will react when Axl appears in front of them and 30 years of aging suddenly dawns on them?

The only time you see older audiences are "throwback" package shows or cruises, especially if it's pop music. Most rock shows have a pretty wide age range.

People typically only go to concerts once or twice a year because a night out is expensive.

You know the types, people in their late 40's and older who followed GNR almost three decades ago but kind of lost touch with the band since 1993.

They tend to forget that the Ritz 88 was nearly 30 years ago, to them as a fan it was a few years ago.

How do you think they will react when Axl appears in front of them and 30 years of aging suddenly dawns on them?

Yeah. I'm in my early 40's, my best friend is 40 and my buddy from work is 47. All 3 of us saw them as nu GnR, and we are going to whatever show they do in/near Philly.

Casual fan, idk, but the hardcore fans? Yeah. I think they will be fine.

I've been a GNR fan since the 80's and I've seen Axl Rose and GNR in 2012 and 2 other times.

I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing the original members of GNR back in 80's but had a blast seeing them recently.

I think if you're a GNR fan, you'll always be an Axl fan. Now that slash, Duff and hopefully Izzy and Steven will join again, anyone who's a fan will have a good time.

Who the fuck does this know-it-all think he is? Dude... I'm in my 30's and have been a fan of GNR since WTTJ aired on MTV. And to be blunt, you sound like a snot nosed piece of shit.

What does, "you know the types" even supposed to mean? Sounds like you're just insulting an entire generation of people if you ask me. Clearly you're not a part of that generation. But somehow you idolize a band and a lead singer who's a part of that age group. So what the fuck does that make you?

I can tell you this... I know your type. Sounds like you're part of the entitled, uneducated, my-shit-don't-stink mama's boy on mom's computer on the life road to nowhere. A waste of space. I'm pretty sure anyone alive today that was also alive in 1988 is very well aware that 1988 was nearly 30 years ago. And I'm also pretty sure that accomplished people pushing 50 aren't going to give a shit what Axl Rose looks like. There's a lot more to life that you clearly have no comprehension of, and likely never will.

Where are the mods at around here? This is about one of the dumbest, ignorant and generally insulting threads I've ever seen around here.

• Like 1

Who the fuck does this know-it-all think he is? Dude... I'm in my 30's and have been a fan of GNR since WTTJ aired on MTV. And to be blunt, you sound like a snot nosed piece of shit.

What does, "you know the types" even supposed to mean? Sounds like you're just insulting an entire generation of people if you ask me. Clearly you're not a part of that generation. But somehow you idolize a band and a lead singer who's a part of that age group. So what the fuck does that make you?

I can tell you this... I know your type. Sounds like you're part of the entitled, uneducated, my-shit-don't-stink mama's boy on mom's computer on the life road to nowhere. A waste of space. I'm pretty sure anyone alive today that was also alive in 1988 is very well aware that 1988 was nearly 30 years ago. And I'm also pretty sure that accomplished people pushing 50 aren't going to give a shit what Axl Rose looks like. There's a lot more to life that you clearly have no comprehension of, and likely never will.

Where are the mods at around here? This is about one of the dumbest, ignorant and generally insulting threads I've ever seen around here.

:popcorn: