Marc's contribution to the new BBC documentary

6lake sa66ath

Hi Marc, I'm certain you're set to receive a million questions in the coming weeks once The Most Dangerous Band In The World documentary airs on BBC4 and goes viral.

I was fortunate enough to view a premiere screening this evening and I've gotta say, I left the showing grinning ear to ear.

I would hope you had had a chance to view it yourself at this stage, but if you haven't I think your involvement simply makes the film and without your priceless archive footage and other stuff it'd be a shell of what it is.

So much to go through in it, but it's hard to digest it all in one sitting!

Bring on the BBC4 air date on Feb 4th!

So did they do any Axl bashing? Thats my bigest fear. I did ask to view it but they didn't let me see it so I don't know how it came out. They did invite me to go to the premiere in the UK but there is no way that I could take off work and fly there for it. If they did the band justice then I will be ok with it. I am supposed to be the protector of that footage and the fact that because of the loophole that Slash dropped of the project. I was not able to control what they used is a bit horrifying to me.

When I was involved with it a few years ago, it was only an authorized Slash doc. At some point Slash changed his mind because he thought it was too self serving. The project got selfed for a while and then Jon decided to turn it into a GNR doc. I told him he is crazy if he thinks he will get that done, I thought that he would have to go through the band, I don't know how he was able to do it but he said because it was for the BBC that he was still able to do it. When I was involved they started to look at my footage and time code only the Slash parts that they wanted to use because they said that it was the only parts that they could use. However they didnt get the chance to look at everything I had because the project stopped when Slash changed his mind. The agreement that I had with them was they had 8 months to look at my footage and that time had past when they decided to make it into a GNR project. So I didn't let them use any of the footage that they didn't see in the 8 months. I did do a interview that i'm sure they will use and I know they interviewed lots of other peiople too. I also know that what ever they turned in last summer didn't go over well with the BBC and I thought the project was dead. I have no idea what they ended up with doing and I hope they don't bash Axl with what ever they ended up with. I didn't put in the agreement that I had any control on how it turns out becasuse they were working with Slash's management and that was enough for me to knoiw that it was going to be up to Slash what they used. Its a bit scary that there is no one now to control whats in that doc so I can only hope that they do the right thing and do the band justice. Maybe the BBC has the control and that might me a good thing?

• Like 2

I don't know if I will ever be able to see it unless someone bootlegs it. I can't imagism it ever being shown anywhere else without the bands approvel which from what I have already heard from the few people that have Sean it, doesn't look like the band would ever sign off on it to be used anywhere unless there are some more loopholes that Jon knows about.

I don't know if I will ever be able to see it unless someone bootlegs it. I can't imagism it ever being shown anywhere else without the bands approvel which from what I have already heard from the few people that have Sean it, doesn't look like the band would ever sign off on it to be used anywhere unless there are some more loopholes that Jon knows about.

Probably be on youtube after a few days, no?

Does the BBC stream their video once it appears on TV?

Yes on the BBC iplayer site. It's usually up within 5-30 mins of a programme ending. I believe you need a UK IP address to access it though.

I imagine it will be on YouTube then. if it does it will be interesting to see if it gets pulled down by the band........

On 2016. 01. 29. at 6:32 PM, recklessroad said:

here you are

I think it was great, better than what I was expecting. There were videos that I haven´t see before and good stories I didn´t know about. Like the one Tom Zutaut told, the day he bought them milk and cookies. Great to see Michael Monroe :D

I didn´t see any Axl bashing, nobody bad mouth him. In fact I think Zutaut was too nice with his justification of Axl´s lateness

• Like 1

Watched the documentary last night and I thought it was a cool and definitely okay documentary! The best part was Marc's footage for sure!

That L.A Street Scene footage was gold! I would kill for video footage if the whole gig!

Hopefully Marc will be able to release his video gold in some way shape or form in the future and that would be awesome!

Watched it yesterday and it has been a while since I've seen a photo or a video of Marc Canter and I must say, damn Marc looked good. Now I have some kind of a man crush for Marc :D The girl and the rabbit and the motorcycles. they should have just got rid of them. Other than that, I quite enjoyed the interviews and live clips. I'll give it three out of five.

I just watched the docu and could cry. All those snippets of unreleased footage  are awesome. Unfortunately they reminded me of what is rotting in the vaults. I am talking about of Marc's footage and the UYI material as well. Its such a shame. 

I do wonder who is BBCs source of all the "new" UYI-era footage beside the well known stuff from St. Louis and the Freddie Tribute.