Assuming new material is actually on the table...

The General is the sequel to Estranged?

That might make sense to have Slash on it.

If what we heard was actually The General intro, I'd say it has a horror vibe to it which Slash appreciates. If it's doom metal, he'll probably be on board.

Where is the Bazmeister?

This is a narrative film for hip hop group. The video follows the artist who has been kidnapped by a gang of female kick ass bad chicks. The film is 'Oceans 11/12/13" meets "Reservoir Dogs" with slick cuts, split screen etc...

2 female kidnappers take the artist hostage and set up a ransom video where the artist performs into.

The 2 female kidnappers will wear balaclavas and knee length bomber jackets, which will be provided. The hostages are kick ass gun wielding bad girls.

Paid 55L

Edited by Ralphelmo

I don't see new material happening. That would require a lot of actual hard work, which I don't think axl can do anymore.

I think it is less to do with the hard work and more to do with the pressure of the success or failure of a Guns N Roses album resting entirely on Axl's shoulders. It seems that he probably didnt feel he could trust Ron, DJ et al to come up with something GNR worthy on their own without the need for him to tinker about with it for decades on end.

With a reunited GNR the pressure is not all on Axl any more and he can leave Slash, Duff and (hopefully) Izzy to do the hard work and he can just shut up and sing ;)

CD was pretty bad but there were a couple decent songs.. I am sure Axl has some good ideas.. Take the best couple at most and rework them to see how it sounds. I would actually much rather have Axl take the album Slash/Duff and Izzy wrote and add his take to those songs.

I agree 100%. If there is new material, I hope it's Slash and Izzy coming up with riffs and composing instrumental tracks with Axl coming in later and adding his lyrics and melodies over what Slash and Izzy came up with.

• Like 1

Absolutely. I have never been much of a fan of Axl's type of epic piano driven ballads. Not that I think we will hear new music from the reformed lineup. Maybe long in the future Axl, or someone else, will release the rest of the material from the CD sessions. That's about all we will ever get. Plus maybe a reworked song that were never released on UYIs on some future best of compilation.

Absolutely. I have never been much of a fan of Axl's type of epic piano driven ballads. Not that I think we will hear new music from the reformed lineup. Maybe long in the future Axl, or someone else, will release the rest of the material from the CD sessions. That's about all we will ever get. Plus maybe a reworked song that were never released on UYIs on some future best of compilation.

If they ever make an album, one ballad will do..not 5.

• Like 2

Assuming by an even bigger miracle than the reunion itself we actually get a whole new album of material, please please, PLEASE don't let it just be Slash and co just adding after thoughts to CD 2.

Even people who absolutely loved CD had a major gripe with the copy and paste structure. It lacked cohesiveness. It was completely frankensteined. It sounded like a money pit of (mostly) talented musicians coming and going, not a passionate group effort work of art. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Restart the whole writing process? No, not necessarily. But sure as shit start the recording process over. Throwing Slash, Duff, etc. into a clusterfuck of clusterfuck material is a huge waste of time and opportunity. At least rerecord the music. Take all the good shit Axl had in the vault, what Slash, Duff, and (hopefully) Izzy may have wrote, and any potential material lost from the 90s sessions, and throw them all into a melting pot. That to me would be the best route to go down, again assuming new music is even a topic of conversation among them.

Thoughts?

I agree, a completely new, cohesive album would be better. But this is just hypothetical. I think we should count us extremely lucky if we even get "CD2" with contributions from Slash and Duff. A whole new album seems just too far-fetched.

That being said, I don't buy into this idea that Slash and Axl are friends again. Do we have any support for that belief? I think this was a business decision by Axl, or even some weird decision to celebrate AFD and give fans what they want, before he either retires or continues plodding along with his "nuGuns" project and eventually, maybe, gets the follow-up out the way he wants it. Although even getting back onstage with Slash is mindboggling enough to me, Axl being so friendly with him that he will go through the process of making and releasing music with him again...no, I just don't see it, and the way the "reunion" has started off really doesn't suggest this is a result of refound cameraderie either but rather a soulless, corporate cash-grab.

But I was mighty surprised by Slash returning to GN'R, and I might be mighty surprised again when they release something together. GN'R never fails to surprise me.

Assuming by an even bigger miracle than the reunion itself we actually get a whole new album of material, please please, PLEASE don't let it just be Slash and co just adding after thoughts to CD 2.

Even people who absolutely loved CD had a major gripe with the copy and paste structure. It lacked cohesiveness. It was completely frankensteined. It sounded like a money pit of (mostly) talented musicians coming and going, not a passionate group effort work of art. Don't make the same mistake twice.

Restart the whole writing process? No, not necessarily. But sure as shit start the recording process over. Throwing Slash, Duff, etc. into a clusterfuck of clusterfuck material is a huge waste of time and opportunity. At least rerecord the music. Take all the good shit Axl had in the vault, what Slash, Duff, and (hopefully) Izzy may have wrote, and any potential material lost from the 90s sessions, and throw them all into a melting pot. That to me would be the best route to go down, again assuming new music is even a topic of conversation among them.

Thoughts?

I agree, a completely new, cohesive album would be better. But this is just hypothetical. I think we should count us extremely lucky if we even get "CD2" with contributions from Slash and Duff. A whole new album seems just too far-fetched.

That being said, I don't buy into this idea that Slash and Axl are friends again. Do we have any support for that belief? I think this was a business decision by Axl, or even some weird decision to celebrate AFD and give fans what they want, before he either retires or continues plodding along with his "nuGuns" project and eventually, maybe, gets the follow-up out the way he wants it. Although even getting back onstage with Slash is mindboggling enough to me, Axl being so friendly with him that he will go through the process of making and releasing music with him again...no, I just don't see it, and the way the "reunion" has started off really doesn't suggest this is a result of refound cameraderie either but rather a soulless, corporate cash-grab.

But I was mighty surprised by Slash returning to GN'R, and I might be mighty surprised again when they release something together. GN'R never fails to surprise me.

After the half-assed CD era, we would get a half-assed reunion? Enough with the half-assedness. My hope is that Axl will want to make this reunion seem more legitimate, more artistic than you make it out to be. From what I gather, Slash and Axl were never friends to begin with, more partners who realised what they had together. There's hope in that!

Edited by Chuzeville

Thoughts?

After the half-assed CD era, we would get a half-assed reunion? Enough with the half-assedness. My hope is that Axl will want to make this reunion seem more legitimate, more artistic than you make it out to be. From what I gather, Slash and Axl were never friends to begin with, more partners who realised what they had together. There's hope in that!

I think they were definitely friends at some time. Anything else is revisionism, in my opinion. But they are pretty different as personalities goes, and had some disagreements already from the start. Then different opinions on things, especially music, the business, drugs and Axl's idiosyncracies, helped sour their relationship and they fought more and more. Eventually they went in opposite directions. It was a bitter thing, and Axl knows how to carry a grudge. In fact, it seesm he knows how to grow a grudge.

Anyway, sure they can try to overcome this and become business partners again, if not friends. But making music together again? I fear the old grudges will emerge again and it will break down. Back in the 80s they NEEDED to cooperate, their individual talents were undeniable, so they needed eachother to succeed. They don't need anything anymore. They don't need to succeed. They don't have to tolerate eachother for the sake of creating new music again. So I simply don't see it happen. Unless somehow Axl has managed to bury the hatchet completely, and they are more in tune in regards to business and music, and Axl accepts to be more like Slash in terms of making music and not spend years on adding vocals and lyrics, and Axl stops being a tyrant with little consideration for others, and Slash stops being a smug asshole who disses Axl's pretentiouness and visions. Then, just then, they might actually decide and follow-through with writing and releasing new music.

Always hope, never expect.