Dizzy and Fortus leave The Dead Daises....

DanGnRose

One of the problems of NuGNR was that it was a side project to guys like Richard, DJ and even Dizzy. If the hybrid lineup is the best we can get, I'm glad Richard and Dizzy are at least hired full time so they can work on improving their parts.

Well that fills today's "obvious news" quota.

Seriously, I'm shocked this didn't happen already. I liked how they kept trying to make it sound like they were truly there for the long haul, when it seems fairly obvious if Guns was a real offer they got that it was only a matter of time before they're gone.

I'm hyped to see Slash and Fortus improvise together, and it will happen because Axl is a fan of taking oxygen breaks between songs

I think that's what excites me. Don't get me wrong, it'd be great if Izzy was back full time but I'm excited to see what Slash and Richard will be like together. They can probably do some pretty tasteful jams.

• Like 3

I'm hyped to see Slash and Fortus improvise together, and it will happen because Axl is a fan of taking oxygen breaks between songs

Looking forward to hearing how Slash and Fortus sound together. I picture it very mean.

I concur. I find the prospect of Slash and Richard more intriguing than a Gilby return would be. I wouldn't be disappointed if it were Gilby by any means, but a Slash/Fortus dynamic is something new and exciting.

• Like 4

Fortus was one of the few things Axl did right for his solo project, which he called GNR for financial reasons. I'd take the UYI lineup over any hybrid GNR/Axl's band lineup but yeah, Richard is likeable, competent and stage presence. I'd take him over Izzy and his unplugged guitar and zombie stage presence too. Shame Izzy reduced himself to a guest appearing with an unplugged guitar, he could've been part of VR and part of this reunion too, if he still were capable of strumming chords correctly.

Looking forward to hearing how Slash and Fortus sound together. I picture it very mean.

I concur. I find the prospect of Slash and Richard more intriguing than a Gilby return would be. I wouldn't be disappointed if it were Gilby by any means, but a Slash/Fortus dynamic is something new and exciting.

It's almost like how Iron Maiden reunited in the late '90s but still kept Janick Gers in the band

So I assume there will be a world tour and maybe new material, otherwise they didn't have to leave Dead Daises to play 4 GN'R shows.Richard said that he really enjoys playing with DD,and he is more free than he is in GN'R.If there was only big plans for GN'R Richard would leave DD.

I'm looking forward to see Slash and Fortus as a duo.I really admire Izzy and I know what he means to us-the hardcore fans but I think Richard is a way better guitarist..

Maybe the Fernando's post has something to do with the full line up announcement.

Doesn't mean Izzy won't be around, I think the most likely situation (like most have also guessed) is for Izzy to drop in and out and Richard to be the full timer. Glad that it's official now though, always! liked Richard and think he fits in well as a guns guitarist within the newer era or the old. As for Richard being a better guitarist that Izzy? I think that's subjective... he's definitely a more accomplished player and could run loops around him in that regard, but I think Izzy is the better songwriter of the two, he has made some classic riffs. Also, Izzy is a no thrills gtr player but he made some of those old songs with those slinky rhythms, playing off of Slash's more lead guitarist style of rhythm... ebbs and flow.

I think guns with Slash and Richard will work great and it will be even better when Izzy stops by. Getting excited!