Anybody else still shocked about the Reunion?

I was thinking about opening a thread about the reunion, some weeks later.

Yes, it's unbelievable that in some month Axl and Slash will share the same stage again.

But the thing that most catches my attention right now is the lack of press, and the anticlimatic promotion to motherfucking reunited GNR. Maybe I'm being impatient but they're once again turning a major event into something that looks painful for them, like the release of Axl's solo record Chinese Democracy.

It's like reunion is the "R word" for them. They're all completely silent. Frank, Dizzy and Fortus are on board for a super mysterious adventure, which obviously is working for GNR this year. Why being so secrective? Once again, hopefully things will move on and I'm just being too anxious.

GNR's latest tweet is pathetic. Once again the 'us against the world' mentality. Seriously, fuck off with that attitude!

Duff and Slash are being very respectful and playing by Axl/TB's rules, how long will that last?

Axl, Beta, guys... you're just a rock n' roll band, no need for this Area 51 strategy. I thought that the WTTJ teaser before Star Wars was part of some great marketing campaign but things seem to have returned to regular GNR/Axl approach. Silence, people out ta get him and trying to get attention at his expense. Pathetic.

it's comments like these that make me lose faith in the world

GNR is ALL about the us against the world mentality, and you want to take that away? what you'd be left with, is a sterile band without a story, without relevance.

you can't take that mentality away from GNR. why don't YOU walk away from them and go listen to coldplay or even one direction? all the political correctness and sterility is there, to suit your needs

• Like 2

Axl, Beta, guys... you're just a rock n' roll band, no need for this Area 51 strategy. I thought that the WTTJ teaser before Star Wars was part of some great marketing campaign but things seem to have returned to regular GNR/Axl approach. Silence, people out ta get him and trying to get attention at his expense. Pathetic.

Who gives a shit about marketing campaigns ? The only things that should matter are the music and the quality of the performance (Axl's voice, chemistry between the members, etc.).

Yes, it's unbelievable that in some month Axl and Slash will share the same stage again.

But the thing that most catches my attention right now is the lack of press, and the anticlimatic promotion to motherfucking reunited GNR. Maybe I'm being impatient but they're once again turning a major event into something that looks painful for them, like the release of Axl's solo record Chinese Democracy.

It's like reunion is the "R word" for them. They're all completely silent. Frank, Dizzy and Fortus are on board for a super mysterious adventure, which obviously is working for GNR this year. Why being so secrective? Once again, hopefully things will move on and I'm just being too anxious.

GNR's latest tweet is pathetic. Once again the 'us against the world' mentality. Seriously, fuck off with that attitude!

Duff and Slash are being very respectful and playing by Axl/TB's rules, how long will that last?

GNR is ALL about the us against the world mentality, and you want to take that away? what you'd be left with, is a sterile band without a story, without relevance.

you can't take that mentality away from GNR. why don't YOU walk away from them and go listen to coldplay or even one direction? all the political correctness and sterility is there, to suit your needs

If you like being fucked in the ass as a fan, more power to you. I'm just saying people are on their side. We want them to succeed.

It will start to feel real around the time the house lights go out and everyone loses their minds!

But as far as Slash and Duff playing along with TB...that will continue until the money stops coming. Besides this isn't a permanent move into the band for Slash, he's basically a guest star. After this little run ends he will likely go back to his thing with Myles, Duff will go back to his projects, and Axl will probably ride off into the sunset with bags full of money knowing he will never have to play a concert again. Jk I think Axl enjoys performing contrary to what some believe, he's done it his whole life, it's what he loves and he will continue to do so as long as he has support and a stage.

I won't believe it until they're on stage together. Maybe then even it'll feel like a dream too good to be true but.. Let's hope for the best

Same here, I'm still in disbelief about it all and it's not happening until the guys walk out on stage together.

Very happy though that Axl & Slash appear to have put their differences behind them and repaired their friendship...

• Like 1

Fuck the reunion...

This is the REAL Guns N Roses!

2n154pv.jpg

If that kiddy gobbler in the middle is still in I'll curb stomp a baby.

Pittman does look like a kiddy gobbler there hahah.. Seriously though, what a bunch of ass clowns Axl had parading around as "Guns N' Roses". Atleast three of them are gone.. In a perfect world all of them would be gone but Dizzy.. Hopefully they are at least seriously thinking of a way to tell Pittman to take a hike.. That alone will make this feel that much more legit..

Eddie Trunk made an interesting point in an interview with Mick Mars (nothing to do with Pitman)... bands like Motley Crue, Aerosmith, KISS etc. now have special sound engineers and backup vocalists to help them give better performances. Vince Neil etc. cannot sing for sh1t... but fans want PERFECT performances... so not only do these engineers play sound effects, but they also tweak guitar sounds, help with extra instrumentation and ofcourse run special vocal tracks.

I think Chris Pitman in that sense is a part of the live band experience. Just like that fat hairy freak Teddy Zigzag... they should keep his name out of the GnR lineup and just keep him as a sound engineer.

THANK YOU... Finally someone speaking the truth. God I was getting bashed up last month when the reunion talk was heating up. I am very cynical about this 'reunion'.

Slash just accepted the opportunity to play for the fans. Thats it. Its not a reunion... and I dont think Axl (whose left with no lead guitar players and mediocre musicians whose name no one remembers) is bending over at all.

Its the same old speculations, non-sensical cryptic tweets, zero interviews/promotion, no photoshoots... I bet Slash will play those shows with zero emotional connect... IF AT ALL these shows happen.

GnR is so fcking dead since 1996 that expect the unexpected. Jimmy Kimmel appearance just got cancelled abruptly... I think there is high probability that even these T-mobile arena shows or Coachella show gets cancelled.

If you like being fucked in the ass as a fan, more power to you. I'm just saying people are on their side. We want them to succeed.

i would feel "fucked in the ass" if GNR suddenly became "civilised". i'm waiting all these years for a reunion and now that its happening you'd want them to lose their attitude. i would be like fuck that, i'd rather have NO reunion than a reunion that's a snoozefest.

i dont care so much for new music or even performances, as much as i like the mayhem and drama ALREADY on display here. the funny tweets, the cool rehearsal pic, corey tailor threatening to retire if GNR reunites, cancellation of the talkshom appearance.... it's all this madness, uncertainty and mystery that adds to the whole package.

every day theres something new in GNR land now. steven tyler making a fool of himself, matt looking butthurt in some video clip hiding behind his hat. as a fan of the old attitude and craziness (lost since the 00's), i'm loving every minute of it

Edited by action

maynard, on 28 Jan 2016 - 3:35 PM, said:

I'm in shock about it but for kind of a bad reason, as I agree with most of the above.

At this point, I see absolutely nothing that says this isn't 100% about the money which shocks me. I didn't think any of them would do something like this just for the money, so that's what shocks me. I'd love to be wrong and may still be proven to be so. We'll see what happens I guess, but that angle of it takes a LOT of the fun out of it for me.

• Like 1

I'm in shock about it but for kind of a bad reason, as I agree with most of the above.

At this point, I see absolutely nothing that says this isn't 100% about the money which shocks me. I didn't think any of them would do something like this just for the money, so that's what shocks me. I'd love to be wrong and may still be proven to be so. We'll see what happens I guess, but that angle of it takes a LOT of the fun out of it for me.

I would love to get an inkling of how they feel approaching the first show, especially Axl.

I assume it's quite nerve racking and a lot of pressure but then again I've never been in that position so I don't know really. They might be hugely excited but I can't help thinking it might be a bit like booking a charity bungee jump for a couple months down the line then spending the intervening time going FUCK I've got jump off a massive bridge with everyone watching and I can't bottle it....but then you do it, the adrenaline kicks in and it's a great achievement. :lol:

• Like 3

I would love to get an inkling of how they feel approaching the first show, especially Axl.

I assume it's quite nerve racking and a lot of pressure but then again I've never been in that position so I don't know really. They might be hugely excited but I can't help thinking it might be a bit like booking a charity bungee jump for a couple months down the line then spending the intervening time going FUCK I've got jump off a massive bridge with everyone watching and I can't bottle it....but then you do it, the adrenaline kicks in and it's a great achievement. :lol:

I hope he's practicing he's moves in front of the mirror and his vocals in the shower.

It's not difficult to believe that the band is regrouping or whatever, it is difficult to believe that Axl and Slash have reconciled.

That's me. Reunion is cool and all, but those two cats actually speaking and being boys again, I really doubted I'd ever see that happen. Good for them. I probably still won't believe that shit until I see it on stage.

I hope he's practicing he's moves in front of the mirror and his vocals in the shower.

Hell YEAH!!!