Anybody else still shocked about the Reunion?

I still am. I was certain that Axl was just too bat shit crazy and stubborn to ever give in after all those years. Turns out his word doesn't mean much.

He said in 2011(i think) that this reunion will happen.

Well, he said that it would only work with Slash and Duff. He basically said that anyone hoping for a full reunion would be disappointed because he'd only be willing to work with Slash and Duff again since he trusts their work ethic. Anyone have a link to that interview? I'd like to read it again.

I still am. I was certain that Axl was just too bat shit crazy and stubborn to ever give in after all those years. Turns out his word doesn't mean much.

He said in 2011(i think) that this reunion will happen.

Well, he said that it would only work with Slash and Duff. He basically said that anyone hoping for a full reunion would be disappointed because he'd only be willing to work with Slash and Duff again since he trusts their work ethic. Anyone have a link to that interview? I'd like to read it again.

that's the one. I would be surprised if Izzy and Adler are involved. Or even Matt "Troy Mcclure" Sorum.

I still think it's cool, but a bit off that we don't even know the full line up. They are selling tickets without letting the people know what to expect.

And they sold out almost immediately...with very high prices. Obviously that information isn't important to some people.

Fuck the reunion...

This is the REAL Guns N Roses!

2n154pv.jpg

Oh my god Bumble and Pittman look like such tools in the photo that it dials down the Douchbag J Ashba!

In fact looking at the photo the two "most likely to be in GnR" look is Frank and Fortus.

I'm in shock about it but for kind of a bad reason, as I agree with most of the above.

At this point, I see absolutely nothing that says this isn't 100% about the money which shocks me. I didn't think any of them would do something like this just for the money, so that's what shocks me. I'd love to be wrong and may still be proven to be so. We'll see what happens I guess, but that angle of it takes a LOT of the fun out of it for me.

Agreed. So far, this really appears to be a cash-grab. In and of itself, that isn't a bad thing, but it's disappointing, considering the history behind GNR.

The only way this wouldn't be a cash grab is if new music is part of it. But it looks like we're just going to get the same tired setlists that Axl has been dishing out for the past decades, except now we have Slash and Duff up there.

• Like 1

I still think it's cool, but a bit off that we don't even know the full line up. They are selling tickets without letting the people know what to expect.

And they sold out almost immediately...with very high prices. Obviously that information isn't important to some people.

Well, obviously, I never stated otherwise, I merely give my opinion on it.

In fact looking at the photo the two "most likely to be in GnR" look is Frank and Fortus.

I guess that only makes sense at this point. The two who actually look like members of Guns N' Roses are by all accounts still in the band.

To be fair though, I don't really have a problem with how any of them look aside from Pitman. I never got into Bumble's samurai hair but otherwise he's at least dressed the part. Like I said in my last comment, even DJ doesn't look that bad there.

I'm in shock about it but for kind of a bad reason, as I agree with most of the above.

At this point, I see absolutely nothing that says this isn't 100% about the money which shocks me. I didn't think any of them would do something like this just for the money, so that's what shocks me. I'd love to be wrong and may still be proven to be so. We'll see what happens I guess, but that angle of it takes a LOT of the fun out of it for me.

Agreed. So far, this really appears to be a cash-grab. In and of itself, that isn't a bad thing, but it's disappointing, considering the history behind GNR.

The only way this wouldn't be a cash grab is if new music is part of it. But it looks like we're just going to get the same tired setlists that Axl has been dishing out for the past decades, except now we have Slash and Duff up there.

For years and years, I always said I didn't want to see a reunion. People said I was nuts and I'd go all fanboy if it ever happened, but here we are and it's happening exactly how I would never want to see it happen.

Don't get me wrong. I'm excited for everyone who's never seen Axl, Slash & Duff play together and I'm sure there will be some awesome moments at the shows. On top of that, I'll definitely attend whatever comes near me BUT that doesn't mean I think this is a great thing. I'd love it if this is just the tip of the iceberg and there's a lot more coming that we don't know about, but right now I'm forced to look at it for what it is.

• Like 2

After thinking about it some more, I don't care about the cash grab aspect because to me it's been a cash grab since at least 2011. It was only used in a derogatory manner towards the nu band because the lot of them had nothing to do with the material being played or the weight the name carried, so it felt cheap. Talented as some of them may have been, it was just a tribute. It never felt you were getting what you were paying for on the ticket stub.

At least now we have a more legitimate version gaining the cash off the music and brand they actually built. And it's not like it's a complete piss pool of hate. Slash, Duff, and Izzy are all friends. Duff, Izzy, and Axl have all kissed and made up. And I have to believe Axl and Slash are at least cool now for this reconciliation to even be on the table. The pure venom Axl has spit towards Slash has just been too harsh for this reunion to be that illegitimate. And I doubt, with a supposive net worth of 150 mil, that he NEEDS this reunion to happen, so I find it hard to believe it's as bad as it seems.

Maybe there is some rhyme or reason why things have been on the quieter side. I'm at least gonna wait and see what happens right after these Vegas shows before I completely make up my mind.

I was about to open a thread similar to this. And yes, I am still shocked. Not because I expected or not expected a reunion to ever happening, but because Axl and Slash will share a stage again since Argentina, 1993. It is unreal. Who would have thought? I mean, and I think this is pretty obvious, I was entirely convinced that someone as childish and stubborn as Axl Rose would not perform again with someone he has considered to be the devil and a cancer for years. Everything pointed out that Axl still hated Slash and for that reason alone, the 'dream' of seeing these two together again was null and void.

But... on April, 8th we will these two motherfuckers together again. Can't you believe it? I, certainly, can't. Slash playing the November Rain outro - as it was supposed to be played - for the first time in 23 years? Can't believe that. The thought of seeing that happening and being something that is - actually - not delusion, is just incredible. And I never wanted them to perform together again, I was 100% opposed to that idea, so just imagine how excited these so-called "reunionists" must feel right now.

When the rumors of the reunion first started I was 100% positive it was all bullshit and fabrication from and by those who always wanted to see them together. I said no, no and no -- but I was dead wrong. I am still about 2 or 3% uncertain of this happening, somewhere deep inside I think that Axl will somehow cancel these shows, but yeah, that's the way someone who has been absolutely disappointed by Axl on several occasions think so, don't pay much attention. :lol:

To regain my 100% absolutely hardcore fan loving position, I need Axl to be professional. He has already proven to me and millions of other people that he wasn't the despicable, angry, heartless, full of hatred human being we thought he was. As for childish and stubborn, well, that's yet to be seen since the latest GN'R update was childish as fuck. That mentality was great in the early 90s, but Axl still needs a wake up call. Stop the crybaby bullshit and move on. It's very simple.

As for not promoting these shows and the cancellation on Kimmel. I think that it is... great? I mean, I... think I get why they're doing what they're doing. They're trying to preserve the 'magic' of seeing these guys together again - and don't deny that it will be magical (regardless of how fucked up Axl voice could be). If after these four announced-and-confirmed shows they refuse to make any TV appearance or interview, then I will agree that their attitude is being stupid. Not before, though.

The way they're handling these shows, and not giving anyone an explanation is great. All of the sudden the impossible has happened and we're just months away from that magical moment.

• Like 1

He has already proven to me and millions of other people that he wasn't the despicable, angry, heartless, full of hatred human being we thought he was.

I never thought he was despicable, heartless and full of hatred. Why would I think that? Because he had a beef with a former band member?

Numerous stories have aligned to paint Axl as an emotional guy, with love and anger in large amounts and quick to spill forth. For each angry comment towards Slash there were more accounts of him being generous and loyal towards his friends.

Our problems, as a collective fan base -- and this is indicative of humans in general, too -- is our pathetic need to simplify our fellow human beings into two-dimensional characters that serve our agenda -- making villains or idols out of people who struggle with the same balancing act between good and bad like the rest of us. We'd do ourselves a service to not dismiss all the evidence that supports our multifaceted natures.

• Like 3

Now that Slash and Duff are back in I can actually listen to Guns again and not be kinda embarrassed or whatever. I can't wait til they hit the stage in Vegas. They will have 25 yrs of energy blowing out and just imagine the fans. That place is gonna be so loud. **also- buying my tickets was surreal. I haven't bought Guns tickets since the UYI tour. (I saw Nu Guns but that doesn't count).

Edited by Estranged1
  • Like 1