Top ten most harmful beliefs

SoulMonster

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Like what things?

Well, things like tourism and visas, for one. However, it's not a major deal, in my opinion; the UK was a financial powerhouse before the EU formed, so it isn't as if we have a history of being the tramps of Europe (well, maybe the northerners).

7 hours ago, PappyTron said:

Exactly. I mean, I'm sure that there will be some changes to banking, which is what the Uk's main powerbase happens to be, but nothing that is unsolvable.

Did you see the Obama / Cameron press conference in London last week where Obama advised against Brexit?

Just now, PappyTron said:

I saw it in passing and thought that Obama should mind his own beeswax.

It offered a dose of a reality and Boris Johnson (leader of the Exit campaign)... Attacked Obama for being Kenyan and anti British!?

13 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

It offered a dose of a reality and Boris Johnson (leader of the Exit campaign)... Attacked Obama for being Kenyan and anti British!?

It just smacks of rudeness. If Cameron went to Washington and started offering his opinion on what America should be doing in regards to XY and Z the American media and citizenry would tell him to keep his nose out of it. Moreover, maybe Obama should get his own house in order before offering advice on the housekeeping of others.

1 hour ago, PappyTron said:

It just smacks of rudeness. If Cameron went to Washington and started offering his opinion on what America should be doing in regards to XY and Z the American media and citizenry would tell him to keep his nose out of it. Moreover, maybe Obama should get his own house in order before offering advice on the housekeeping of others.

It's basically a reality check telling would be Brexit voters assuming Brexit will mean GB being involved in any major free trade deals with the United States that it's not happening before any is made between the EU and the United States, and the United States wants very much for GB to be a part of the EU too in such an EU/US deal.

I'd take President Obama's advice over outdated and therefore dangerous UKIP type fantasies anyday; Especially when bigger things could happen for the EU and GB, thanks to a Brexit would be on the sideline. 

President Obama's advice also made 1, 000 x more sense than Boris Johnson's rebuttal, I know BJ had to say something but... Silence would have been golden than that clear mudslinging  he used; There really was no point to what he had to say about what the president said.  

Edited by Snake-Pit

23 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

It's basically a reality check telling would be Brexit voters assuming Brexit will mean GB being involved in any major free trade deals with the United States that it's not happening before any is made between the EU and the United States, and the United States wants very much for GB to be a part of the EU too in such an EU/US deal.

I'd take President Obama's advice over outdated and therefore dangerous UKIP type fantasies anyday; Especially when bigger things could happen for the EU and GB, thanks to a Brexit would be on the sideline. 

President Obama's advice also made 1, 000 x more sense than Boris Johnson's rebuttal, I know BJ had to say something but... Silence would have been golden than that clear mudslinging  he used; There really was no point to what he had to say about what the president said.  

Obama wants Britain to remain in the EU because that is what is good for America; that is not the same as it being good for Britain. Anyone who thinks that trade will simply evaporate or that Britain's ability to conduct financial affairs will be drastically reduced simply because we are no longer a part of the European Union, is misunderstanding international finance and trade. London already trades trillions of Euros per day on its markets despite being on a completely different currency; trade can be made anywhere, at any time, and in any currency.

16 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Obama wants Britain to remain in the EU because that is what is good for America; that is not the same as it being good for Britain. Anyone who thinks that trade will simply evaporate or that Britain's ability to conduct financial affairs will be drastically reduced simply because we are no longer a part of the European Union, is misunderstanding international finance and trade. London already trades trillions of Euros per day on its markets despite being on a completely different currency; trade can be made anywhere, at any time, and in any currency.

You're talking to a voter who wants high interest savings invested into by offshore holding companies in Delaware and who also believes America is good for Britain...

Just so we're clear, my vote has already been decided, pretty much on the news of a potential EU/US deal.. I want GB to be in that deal if it went ahead, because it will be a bigger market for any big trade partner (USA or not) to buy into, much much bigger than just GB market alone.

Edited by Snake-Pit

8 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

You're talking to a voter who wants high interest savings invested into by offshore holding companies in Delaware and who also believes America is good for Britain...

Just so we're clear, my vote has already been decided, pretty much on the news of a potential EU/US deal.. I want GB to be in that deal if it went ahead, because it will be a bigger market for any big trade partner (USA or not) to buy into, much much bigger than just GB market alone.

I would imagine that setting up an offshore company is Delaware would cost more than you would have to put into said account. :lol:

Talking of high interest rates, I used to get 4.75% on my deposit account! My savings account was over 5% and I could take a 6 figure loan for a little over 6%; those days are not going to return just by us staying in the EU. The problem with potential trade deals on an EU wide basis is that not all countries within the EU are equal; Germany, France and the UK have far more to offer, both as a whole and per-capita, than Poland, Bulgaria and Greece.