Top ten most harmful beliefs

SoulMonster

If those indeed were the beliefs. then no

you have come to some comfort in not believing by rationalizing that being a believer means you want to kill and overthrow other lands

just seems weak and certainly you know better

Edited by shades

1 hour ago, shades said:

If those indeed were the beliefs. then no

you have come to some comfort in not believing by rationalizing that being a believer means you want to kill and overthrow other lands

just seems weak and certainly you know better

I didn't say I was an athiest. I actually am a Christian. I just don't support the Christian Zionists who are nothing more than the useful idiots of Israel. A dangerous idea for America (pissing off over a billion muslims for one little country with no natural resources). Not to say Israel should be thrown under the bus, but I think a more balanced approach to the whole issue in the middle east is in order.

• 2 months later...

I think it's harmful to belief that Britain exiting the EU would be a dawn of a golden era for Britain.

The reality is;

• Britain sells within the EU.
  • Britain buys within the EU.
  • Britain's retained its currency.
  • Britain's managed to retain its borders; I should know, I had to use it once. - Would it kill countries in Europe to put up a big 'Welcome to ...' sign? It's worse than America in that respect; at least America tells you what state you're entering... Played the license plate game in Europe for slightly different reasons; I.E - To know what country I was!?..
  • The commonwealth isn't obliged to enter into any trade deals with us; Especially when we wouldn't be worth so much considering we'd have no trade partners since ours are EU; and commonwealth countries have their own needs to attend to too.
  • We actually have influence in Europe, which is something we'd vote away if we vote to leave the EU.

I can't stress this enough, Britain was great, but doing this doesn't suggest the future'll be like the past was. - and quite frankly; that's what's so dangerous about thinking Britain still has the balls to go it alone.

Nice idea, but I actually don't want to fight for the right to command trade in Britain's interest to that level where it'll be a golden age but; What golden age hasn't got blood on its hands? - It's 2016, these countries are independent and what do we have to offer them? Coronation Street? Fish & Chips you can't even take the friggin' airport and get on an aeroplane with!?

Edited by Snake-Pit

8 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I think it's harmful to belief that Britain exiting the EU would be a dawn of a golden era for Britain.

The reality is;

• Britain's managed to retain its borders; I should know, I had to use it once. - Would it kill countries in Europe to put up a big 'Welcome to ...' sign? It's worse than America in that respect, at least America tells you what state you're entering... Played the license plate game in Europe for slightly different reasons; I.E - To know what country I was!?..
  • The commonwealth isn't obliged to enter into any trade deals with us; Especially when we wouldn't be worth so much considering we'd have no trade partners since ours are EU; and commonwealth countries have their own needs to attend to too.
  • We actually have influence in Europe, which something we'd vote away if we vote to leave the EU.

I can't stress this enough, Britain was great, but doing this doesn't suggest the future'll be like the past was. - and that's what's dangerous about thinking Britain still has the balls to go it alone.

Nice idea, but I don't want to fight for the right to command trade in Britain's interest. - It's 2016, these countries are independent and what do we have to offer them?

You do know that London is the number one financial market in the world, right? It has trillions of £s worth of trade pass through it every single day. That is made easier by being in Europe, but will not be markedly affected should Britain leave the EU; the fact that the trade is done her whilst we are not on the Euro, is the clue. Likewise, in relation to your first point, being in the EU is not a requisite to trading within it. You make it sound as if Britain left the EU that we would all of a sudden, as if by magic, lose all ability to trade or for foreign capital to be moved through the City Of London.

• Like 1

Just now, PappyTron said:

You do know that London is the number one financial market in the world, right? It has trillions of £s worth of trade pass through it every single day. That is made easier by being in Europe, but will not be markedly affected should Britain leave the EU; the fact that the trade is done her whilst we are not on the Euro, is the clue. Likewise, in relation to your first point, being in the EU is not a requisite to trading within it. You make it sound as if Britain left the EU that we would all of a sudden, as if by magic, lose all ability to trade or for foreign capital to be moved through the City Of London.

This time yesterday I was in London Bridge getting on the Jubilee Line eastbound to Canary Wharf...

Beautiful part of town.

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

This time yesterday I was in London Bridge getting on the Jubilee Line eastbound to Canary Wharf...

Beautiful part of town.

Don't lie. This time yesterday you were smoking a bowl.

I used to get on that same line every day when I worked at Canary Wharf.

:lol:

10 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

Don't lie. This time yesterday you were smoking a bowl.

I used to get on that same line every day when I worked at Canary Wharf.

:lol:

For real, I got there @ 00:45 yesterday..

Managed to get one of the last trains too last night from London Bridge, I ran but, there were more, still ran though.

I got to Thornton Heath at 20 to midnight and missed all the London bound trains/I wanted to go to Balham and catch the Northern Line to Bank for the DLR, but went via East Croydon instead, got to East Croydon, waited, finally left at East Croydon 00:15, got to London Bridge at 00:30, made it to the Jubilee Line going eastbound (westbound from London Bridge had already stopped); got off at Canary Wharf and took the D3 to Westferry. - woke up, luxury flat overlooking the river this morning; took the DLR to Shadwell then the Overground direct to West Croydon where I transferred to the Thornton Heath train and was back at 8am.

Edited by Snake-Pit

7 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

For real, I got there @ 00:45 yesterday..

Managed to get one of the last trains too last night from London Bridge, I ran but, there were more, still ran though.

I left East Croydon at 00:15, got to London Bridge at 00:30, made it to the Jubilee Line going eastbound (westbound from London Bridge had already stopped); got off at Canary Wharf and took the D3 to Westferry. - woke up, luxury flat overlooking the river this morning; took the DLR to Shadwell then the Overground direct to West Croydon where I transferred to the Thornton Heath train and was back at 8am.

What were you doing in a luxury apartment in Canary Wharf? I thought that you didn't do out calls to clients? :lol:

46 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

The reality is;

• Britain's managed to retain its borders; I should know, I had to use it once. - Would it kill countries in Europe to put up a big 'Welcome to ...' sign? It's worse than America in that respect; at least America tells you what state you're entering... Played the license plate game in Europe for slightly different reasons; I.E - To know what country I was!?..
  • We actually have influence in Europe, which is something we'd vote away if we vote to leave the EU.

I can't stress this enough, Britain was great, but doing this doesn't suggest the future'll be like the past was. - and quite frankly; that's what's so dangerous about thinking Britain still has the balls to go it alone.

Nice idea, but I actually don't want to fight for the right to command trade in Britain's interest to that level where it'll be a golden age but; What golden age hasn't got blood on its hands? - It's 2016, these countries are independent and what do we have to offer them? Coronation Street? Fish & Chips you can't even take the friggin' airport and get on an aeroplane with!?

Oh, for the love of Peter, Paul and Mary!!!! Shut up you imbecile! <_<

Edited by Dazey

1 hour ago, Dazey said:

Oh, for the love of Peter, Paul and Mary!!!! Shut up you imbecile! <_<

You can't possibly think Brexit'll make that lion roar mean anything..

You don't strike me as, someone immune to harmful beliefs, so I thought I'd offer the public an antidote before you vote us back to the stone age (or into some weird V For Vendetta future of sorts).

Edited by Snake-Pit

8 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

You can't possibly think Brexit'll make that lion roar mean anything..

You don't strike me as, someone immune to harmful beliefs, so I thought I'd offer the public an antidote before you vote us back to the stone age (or into some weird V For Vendetta future of sorts).

I wasn't talking about Brexit. More your predisposition for talking absolute cobblers. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I wasn't talking about Brexit. More your predisposition for talking absolute cobblers. :lol:

I don't know, you're probably too busy keeping score of wickets in cricket between watching songs of praise on your DVR to know what this Britain's about.

I mean, I know where I'm from doesn't speak for the country, but, it's still the same country Baby.

Edited by Snake-Pit

3 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I don't know, you're probably too busy hitting wickets in cricket between watching songs of praise on your DVR to know what modern Britain's about.

I mean, I know where I'm from doesn't speak for the country, but, it's still the same country Baby.

Way to prove my point. :lol:

Just now, Dazey said:

Way to prove my point. :lol:

Way to prove mine, considering I have you down as a Brexiter now bent on a golden age detached from reality.

I was talking facts about Brexit.

And in particular, it's dangerous to think leaving the EU will somehow make Britain great again.

10 hours ago, PappyTron said:

If all thats true (and i have no doubt it is) I'm even less for being in the EU.

3 hours ago, Len B'stard said:

If all thats true (and i have no doubt it is) I'm even less for being in the EU.

There are elements of truth to that; but it's not the 1800s.

We leave the EU; We're seeing those across the Channel/North and Irish sea reap the benefits of trade deals not for us if we exit. Making the EU the empire and GB isolated trying to cut its own deals.