Have TB redeemed themselves in the eyes of their critics?

SoulMonster

Team Brazil has received a lot of criticism for the way they have managed GN'R, and regularly been blamed for what the band has achieved or not achieved since they took over as managers in 2010. If we accept that they are to blame for the situation, and not Axl, shouldn't TB be credited for achieving something previous managers tried to do but failed at, which is getting Slash and Duff back into the band? Under their management the one thing that most fans hoped and dreamed for is about to happen. That must count for something? Surely they deserve a round of applause, or are the critics going to say that all the bad that has happened is their fault while all the good, and especially this last monumentous thing, is to the crdit of someone else and that TB tried to prevent it?

Not really, no. They still suck at communication/social media/fan club type-things, and I still think they're complacent and have allowed Axl to coast through the last few years on autopilot. Honestly, do you think Beta really had more influence on Slash coming back than Duff did? If Axl and Duff hadn't met up in 2010, I don't think a reunion would be happening right now.

• Like 3

Not really, no. They still suck at communication/social media/fan club type-things, and I still think they're complacent and have allowed Axl to coast through the last few years on autopilot. Honestly, do you think Beta really had more influence on Slash coming back than Duff did? If Axl and Duff hadn't met up in 2010, I don't think a reunion would be happening right now.

Since you ask I will answer. No, I don't think TB had much to do about Slash and Duff coming back, just as I dont think they have much to do with ANYTHING that has happened with GN'R since they took over. I agree they are responsible for the poor communications, almost everything else I blame the guy on top for, Axl.

But MANY people here have, over the years, blamed TB for what has happened with GN'R. They have blamed GN'R for the lack of new music, hey have blamed TB for Axl's inactivity, they have blamed Axl for not reuniting, they have blamed TB for the choice of touring, they have blamed TB for the lineup, etc. And if people think TB has this much power over what happens with the band, I think it is only fair to also allow them the credit when something good happens. I mean, you can't have it both ways, can you?

People on here talk all kinds of shit about Fernando and Beta as if they know them in real life. The "housekeeper" digs aren't even funny. That housekeeper is probably worth millions. The funny thing is these same people would kiss their asses in person to meet Axl and now Slash and Duff. Axl considers them family and that's more important than whether they've redeemed themselves in the eyes of a few Internet fans.

• Like 1

Duff and Slash coming back have nothing to do with TB. And there was nothing TB could have done to stop it, especially if Axl is into it.

Do you know for a fact TB had nothing to do with it? I believe this is the case, too, but you seem to speak as if you know it.

If TB has so much power over the band as their harshest critics have claimed, even threatening Axl to get their will when needed, then I am sure they would have had ways of preventing it from happening ;)

Since you ask I will answer. No, I don't think TB had much to do about Slash and Duff coming back, just as I dont think they have much to do with ANYTHING that has happened with GN'R since they took over. I agree they are responsible for the poor communications, almost everything else I blame the guy on top for, Axl.

But MANY people here have, over the years, blamed TB for what has happened with GN'R. They have blamed GN'R for the lack of new music, hey have blamed TB for Axl's inactivity, they have blamed Axl for not reuniting, they have blamed TB for the choice of touring, they have blamed TB for the lineup, etc. And if people think TB has this much power over what happens with the band, I think it is only fair to also allow them the credit when something good happens. I mean, you can't have it both ways, can you?

That's the point though, is that nobody thinks TB has control over what happens next. They slowly went from being Axl's hangers-on to be his management, they aren't going to disagree with Axl's decisions like a manager with a backbone sometimes should - as evidenced by the last couple years of GNR's touring. They're simply along for the ride, which means no praise when something goes well, and anger when things aren't going well and they don't seem to care.

And that's another thing, not only do the not seem to care, they're honestly offended by fans that complain and will childishly respond to them instead of offering any real insight into the band.

What role did they play in this "reunion". Do you think they went to Axl and said " it's time to get the guys back together"... Not a chance!
They are along for the ride, they go to the meetings and negotiate the terms Axl dictates to them. Is it anything more than that? I doubt it.
If you are going to give applause to anyone, save them for Duff, and to a lesser extent Axl for finally agreeing to do it. TB are still incompetent as a management team IMO, and that opinion will stay that way until I'm proven incorrect.

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 3

I wouldn´t say all of that it is 100% their fault only. But as managers they share a degree of responsibility. I´m not talking about things that happened in recent years only.

Take for example the Jimmy Kimmel fiasco or that stupid statement about the many people who take credit for the GN´R reunion. TB played a role either by their action or their inaction. And other things that don´t make sense like not having an official line up confirmed. That Axl, Slash, Duff and ???? It´s just bullshit at this point. They shouldn´t allow this kind of stuff to go on any longer

That's the point though, is that nobody thinks TB has control over what happens next. They slowly went from being Axl's hangers-on to be his management, they aren't going to disagree with Axl's decisions like a manager with a backbone sometimes should - as evidenced by the last couple years of GNR's touring. They're simply along for the ride, which means no praise when something goes well, and anger when things aren't going well and they don't seem to care.

And that's another thing, not only do the not seem to care, they're honestly offended by fans that complain and will childishly respond to them instead of offering any real insight into the band.

Do we have any evidence to the assumptions that TB hasn't disagreed with decisions Axl has made? That they haven't at times advised against whatever he has decided? Maybe they are more professional than what they are credited for by not publicly voicing whatever disagreements they may have with their client?

And this is sort of what it boils down to me: We don't know shit. It is all conjecture based on what we want to believe. We want to believe they are antagonists who have hid our hero from the world and from the reunion we want. We want to believe they are at fault for what happens. We want to believe they have climbed to the top pf the American dream and are great guys. We want to believe they are nothing but incompetent immigrants. We want to believe they are cunning and professional. We want to believe they have manipulated themselve sinto positions of powers and do everything they can to not rock the boat. But we don't really know shit. We only have snippets of information here and there, often contested. And that is a perfect starting point for any scenario we want to conjure.

But looking at the mere facts, we KNOW that during TB's reign, somethign was achieved that many former managers failed to do, and regardless of wheteher you believe TB made that decision, or whether they just execute and manage that decision, it is still happening.

I agree they are responsible for the poor communications, almost everything else I blame the guy on top for, Axl.

Honestly I'm not even sure if I blame TB for the poor communications. I have a feeling that Axl is the one who doesn't want to share information and TB just obeys Axl.

I was more thinking about bad communications, like not being gracious to the fans of the band, not establishing platforms for regular communication, not answering questions, and the like. I highly doubt Axl monitors their communications and directs what they should do and not to do in every case. So this bad communication I blame at TB.

Team Brazil has received a lot of criticism for the way they have managed GN'R, and regularly been blamed for what the band has achieved or not achieved since they took over as managers in 2010. If we accept that they are to blame for the situation, and not Axl, shouldn't TB be credited for achieving something previous managers tried to do but failed at, which is getting Slash and Duff back into the band? Under their management the one thing that most fans hoped and dreamed for is about to happen. That must count for something? Surely they deserve a round of applause, or are the critics going to say that all the bad that has happened is their fault while all the good, and especially this last monumentous thing, is to the crdit of someone else and that TB tried to prevent it?

Well, since they aren't responsible for this regrouping there's not much to applause...

In fact, most of the critics say this is nugnr but with SLash and Duff on board, and since TB is nowhere near competent as a professional mgmt Slash and Duff became TB's and Axl's bitch....

Edited by Strange Broue

Too early to tell. Not even sure we know as much as we fans think.

The reunion is happening. Although duff may have had more to do with it, they could have shielded duff from seeing axl again but didn't. So in a way they helped. However, the communication is still the worst in music history and the fact axl cancelled kimmel is a pretty bad look for him. So while I'm not sure if I have any restored faith im gonna still wait to see how this plays out.. Right now I'm leaning towards no

I agree they are responsible for the poor communications, almost everything else I blame the guy on top for, Axl.

Honestly I'm not even sure if I blame TB for the poor communications. I have a feeling that Axl is the one who doesn't want to share information and TB just obeys Axl.

I was more thinking about bad communications, like not being gracious to the fans of the band, not establishing platforms for regular communication, not answering questions, and the like. I highly doubt Axl monitors their communications and directs what they should do and not to do in every case. So this bad communication I blame at TB.

Gotcha! Guess they could be more polite! Never really cared about what they say anyway, cause if there's some news worth mentioning, it's usually Axl who reveals it.

Edited by Lies They Tell

Duff and Slash coming back have nothing to do with TB. And there was nothing TB could have done to stop it, especially if Axl is into it.

Do you know for a fact TB had nothing to do with it? I believe this is the case, too, but you seem to speak as if you know it.

If TB has so much power over the band as their harshest critics have claimed, even threatening Axl to get their will when needed, then I am sure they would have had ways of preventing it from happening ;)

Im going off what history has proven time and again to be true. and that is that no one forces Axl to do something that he doesnt want to. I dont think TB could force him to do anything if he doesnt truly want to. The obvious person who got things rolling is Duff, not TB. TB had no relationship with Slash or Duff prior to them returning so i find it doesnt fit the narrative to say TB had something to do with it

No. Not yet at least. We know essentially nothing about how this reunion fire got lit, so it's way too soon to tell.

To me, they've always been leeches. Beta let that mask slip. They know how to work Axl, and they know he's their entire life line. They know fuck all about properly communicating with the fans, and management 101 is knowing not to wear your emotions on their sleeve, which they're hilariously bad at. I know they get some vile things thrown their way, but their response to it is all wrong. You're not supposed to throw venom on top of venom when you're supposed to be managing one of the biggest names in music. :lol:

Are they really still in charge now that Slash, Duff, and (possibly) Izzy are back now? That'd just be sad. I'd imagine they'd still be Axl's personal manager(s), but the band as a whole would be managed by an unbiased powerhouse properly equipped to deal with something of this magnitude.

Lmao, no.

GN'R has been one of the most terribly managed bands of all time. Now that has not always been TB's fault, but they certainly have not proven to me that anything they have done during their control of the band has been beneficial or necessary.

I also don't see it likely that TB had a lot to do with the reunion, circumstances just allowed it to become a possibility. TB may have had some hand in the communication with Slash and Duff's management, but I am sure they are not responsible for the conception of the reunion.

Edited by Dan H.