How would you solve the drummer question?

My idea was to have Matt or Frank (I personally don't care which, but choose just one) for the regular show. Save a few, let's say 3-5, AfD/Lies songs for the encore, and just bring Steven in for the encore. That way you only gamble a small part of the show on Steven, you avoid an awkward drummer change between songs because you've got the encore break anyway, you give the fans a nice surprise, and Steven gets his big moment with GNR every night.

That's my preference as well. While I can sort of appreciate the "rotating drummers" thing, I think it would be very clunky if done throughout the show. The best way to get around that is, like you suggest, save a handful of Appetite stuff for a killer encore. That way Frank or Matt just does the whole show seamlessly until that point, and then Adler can come out for the encore. No interruptions and one super special set of songs. Committing Adler to only a handful of songs is no trouble either if he screws it up - that's where the other drummer would just take over permanently for the remaining shows. It also means no bitching from Adler about the UYI material - he won't have to play any of it.

I like Frank more than most people it seems - he's my favorite after Adler. As long as he fixes his Brownstone intro we're good (or save that song for part of the Adler encore). In other words, I'll happily have Frank over Matt as the full time drummer, and then Adler as a special guest. That said, I've grown to like Matt more over the years compared to the UYI days so I wouldn't complain if he was back. I just don't want to see three rotating drummers because that will be really clunky for a live show.

Bring back Phil Rudd.

Slade is better than the old one.

Yeah a Guns N Roses reunion is being talked about and there's no reason to even contemplate alternatives to Frank as the drummer......No reason to contemplate alternatives to the least Guns n Roses drummer ever. Holy fuck. :lol:

The guy has been in Guns for a decade now, he's played hundreds of shows and done so more than adequately. I doubt most people would even notice the difference between any of them drumming. The only reason to have Adler present is like you say to promote the reunion angle even further, yet I somehow doubt that he'd put in a better performance than Ferrer at this point in his life.

:lol: yeah nobody will notice a difference between Frank, Matt or Steven. Some of you have done way too many drugs I think. I have to assume that because some of the absolute nonsense that gets spewed is of the charts insane. The way you tank Frank's 10 years in "Gn'R" is more important than Steven's 5 years or Matt's 5 years in GUNS N ROSES

jajaj...of course we gonna notice the difference: Frank as a "slow hand" he hasn't play well: YCBM intro, Mr BRW very rare rhythm etc et etc..by another hand, Matt not so slow as Frank is, but Steven is the only 1 who play like AFD spirit...as you can see big differences between all drummers

I want to see the original line up. Steven on the skins and Izzy on guitar. I think to be fair to everyone, play on the songs you were involved in recording. Saw Matt a few months ago with Duff and Gilby at a Kings of Chaos show. Matt did a nice job.

Edited by BigD62
  • Like 1

Would love it if Steven is locked in a room somewhere learning the entire Guns and roses catalogue, CD and all. This is why no info, the band are all waiting to see if Steven can do it. April 1st being the deadline, all will be there in judgement. :-) Go Popcorn, I believe in you!

• Like 2

It is strange people are still maintaining this, ''nobody cares about the drummer'', line to defend the decision towards Frank's inclusion since every article I have read since the Coachella announcement mentions the fact that ''there is no word on Adler or Sorum'', and includes the aforementioned pair in their potted ''histories of Guns N' Roses''' - albeit they might confuse Sorum for Stradlin!

Edited by DieselDaisy

Give Steven tabs to learn Shacklers Revenge and fire Frank. Matt is out.

A drummer as good as Steven wouldn't need to read the tabs to learn that song. It's a very basic, elementary drum part. And I seriously doubt Steven knows how to read music (most iconic musicians don't for that matter).

I will go with whoever they think is right for the tour. Speaking as a fan, I'd like Adler to be there , but Sorum is a big a part of Guns, too. Heck, I like all three drummers, they all bring something unique to Guns.

Someone pointed out that Adler hasn't done stadium tour and will have to get to grips with songs he hasn't played before, but that's what rehearsal is for, to practice and practice until you get sick of it.

There are fan wishes and there is the reality. There are clearly issues between Steven and Axl, but I'm talking from the outside, it's easy for me to say "Kiss and make-up." but there are people I don't get along with and I have no intention of talking to them until they apologise, yet people are saying I should forgive and forget. It's not as simple as that. So I fully appreciate Axl and Slash being able to reconcile, and maybe they will with Adler. I hope for the best, but I totally understand why we might not get everyone together.

So I guess the choices are Steven, Matt, Frank or a combination of some kind. Given musical considerations as well as their personal and professional history, what do you think the band should do?

Last I heard Frank is the drummer in GN'R. No reason to even contemplate alternatives.

Yeah a Guns N Roses reunion is being talked about and there's no reason to even contemplate alternatives to Frank as the drummer......No reason to contemplate alternatives to the least Guns n Roses drummer ever. Holy fuck. :lol:

Reunion? You talking about Slash and Duff coming back to the band? Why would that necessitate throwing out the drummer? Two guitar players and a bass player left the band, no drummer. So not following you at all.

And what's with the title? Is there a PROBLEM that needs to be solved, or a QUESTION that needs to be answered? I don't see that we have neither a problem or a question here.

So I guess the choices are Steven, Matt, Frank or a combination of some kind. Given musical considerations as well as their personal and professional history, what do you think the band should do?

You get Steven to play all the show, to write new songs with the band, to do everything.

Steven is the Guns n Roses drummer.

But he is also, by all accounts, a fuck up, right?

So you tell him that he can not fuck up.

Or he is out.

The first day he misses rehearsal or that he fucks up on a show, he is in the back burner. Three fuck ups and he is out for good.

I am really sure he wouldnt fuck up. He would have to be very stupid to fuck up with that.

Then you have Matt as a back up.

You get him up onstage every night as a guest player to guest on 3 songs.

He can guest on You Coud be Mine and 2 other songs, for example.

Then if Steven fucks up, Matt plays the entire show.

Its THAT simple

Now where the fuck is Izzy?

Frank or Matt would be my choice. Frank has been loyal to the band and has played successfully with Duff.

Steven is, as someone else mentioned, six months sober for 20 years now. There are very solid reasons that neither his old bandmates nor anyone else has hired him in 25 years. They put him on this tour, he fucks up, and it is more lawsuits and screaming to the press about how nobody likes him (logic of a three year old...).

The guy has been in Guns for a decade now, he's played hundreds of shows and done so more than adequately. I doubt most people would even notice the difference between any of them drumming. The only reason to have Adler present is like you say to promote the reunion angle even further, yet I somehow doubt that he'd put in a better performance than Ferrer at this point in his life.

And this is the truth...like it or not, other than hardcore fans, nobody is really going to give two fucks who is playing drums. Frank is still the drummer and has not left. No reason he should not be there.

• Like 1

Last I heard Frank is the drummer in GN'R. No reason to even contemplate alternatives.

Reunion? You talking about Slash and Duff coming back to the band? Why would that necessitate throwing out the drummer? Two guitar players and a bass player left the band, no drummer. So not following you at all.

Oh stop it.

Oh stop it.

It's indecent too, to just toss out the drummer in the band because Slash and Duff is returning to the fold.

Steven all the way. He seems to be doing great and his drumming helped make Lies and Appetiite what they are. If not him, then anybody but Frank. I do not like the way he plays the Appetite songs. He changes the whole feel of the songs. Find someone that plays the songs the way they are supposed to be played. Brent Fitz plays those songs alot like Steven.