How would you solve the drummer question?

So I guess the choices are Steven, Matt, Frank or a combination of some kind. Given musical considerations as well as their personal and professional history, what do you think the band should do?

Last I heard Frank is the drummer in GN'R. No reason to even contemplate alternatives.

Yeah a Guns N Roses reunion is being talked about and there's no reason to even contemplate alternatives to Frank as the drummer......No reason to contemplate alternatives to the least Guns n Roses drummer ever. Holy fuck. :lol:

Reunion? You talking about Slash and Duff coming back to the band? Why would that necessitate throwing out the drummer? Two guitar players and a bass player left the band, no drummer. So not following you at all.

Oh stop it.

It's indecent too, to just toss out the drummer in the band because Slash and Duff is returning to the fold.

as far as i know, ferrar was only axl's drummer in fakegnr which died in 2014 (r.i.p., thank god! ).

i don't see why axl's drummer should be on drums in guns n' roses when there are at least two other musicians (steven and matt) who have more legitimacy than ferrar to play the gnr songs in a reunion.

if ferrar played well the gnr classsics maybe i could accept him. but he's not good.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 2

So I guess the choices are Steven, Matt, Frank or a combination of some kind. Given musical considerations as well as their personal and professional history, what do you think the band should do?

Last I heard Frank is the drummer in GN'R. No reason to even contemplate alternatives.

Yeah a Guns N Roses reunion is being talked about and there's no reason to even contemplate alternatives to Frank as the drummer......No reason to contemplate alternatives to the least Guns n Roses drummer ever. Holy fuck. :lol:

Reunion? You talking about Slash and Duff coming back to the band? Why would that necessitate throwing out the drummer? Two guitar players and a bass player left the band, no drummer. So not following you at all.

Oh stop it.

It's indecent too, to just toss out the drummer in the band because Slash and Duff is returning to the fold.

If Guns N' Roses are getting back together, it only makes sense to invite people who were in that band. No one of consequence is buying the "Slash and Duff decided to come back to Axl's band" line.

Oh stop it.

If Guns N' Roses are getting back together, it only makes sense to invite people who were in that band. No one of consequence is buying the "Slash and Duff decided to come back to Axl's band" line.

Yeah, but Guns N' Roses isn't getting back together. Mostly for the fact it never disappeared, but also because only a few old band members are returning to replace some that left.

I'd solve it like this. Let Steven play the AFD songs and let Matt play everything else. If Steven can't hold it together then Matt plays everything. As for Frank....... sorry but take a hike, you're not needed or wanted.

How can they rotate drummers in the middle of a live show when songs are following one another. That's not needed. Frank's just fine. Just drama needed.

Did you seriously just ask how? Ummm..... the song ends and they switch. OR two drum kits. Like holy fuck it wouldn't be rocket science to figure out and if it meant having the only two real GnR drummers perform then why not.

And what's with the title? Is there a PROBLEM that needs to be solved, or a QUESTION that needs to be answered? I don't see that we have neither a problem or a question here.

Wow you are a weird person. Your undying loyalty to Axl's cause and your weird loyalty to guys in NuGnR is scary. If you can't see why Matt or Steven are the better options than I'm sorry you are NOT a Guns N Roses fan. Only a sheep Axl fan trying to maintain some sort of familiarity with what you perceive to be his vision. I bet this whole thing just pisses you off. The idea of Slash back in GnR just grinds your gears. GOOD!

Personally I'd give it to Steven, because I'm big softy. But at the same time he's never done a huge stadium tour. Guest spot at Vegas. But I get it, if the drummer is off the whole thing goes to shit.

Matt can sure do the job. Maybe he doesn't have the finesse to do CD songs though.

Frank's main edge is that this isn't a reunion and he has played everything. He can do the CD material, he's ready to go. And if they are looking to do a new none nostalgia record he's perfect.

Seeing as Brain was the CD drummer. Frank seems like the new GNR drummer. He's earned his spurs.

Really depends what this is all about.

If it's just a conquer the US tour then it's Matt. Re-create the UYI tour. Drum solo, hair viscosity, the whole coke deal.

If it's a real reunion of the AFD line up that will keep touring through 2017 then Steven. Rekindling the chemistry. Live the romance.

If it's a line up with a future I'd go with Frank.

Ideally, I'd choose Steven and Brain. Alternate between those two, if two is all you can have. It's nearly not enough drummers for a band like Guns. You need at least 4 if you gonna play material from all the different incarnations.

But Steven is where it's at for me. It sounds the best with him to my ears. Civil War included. Josh and Frank came up with some great stuff for Chinese though.

Forgot about three drummers for CD.

Steven is fine but can he do Estranged and complete a big show etc.

There's no problem if you know what you are doing.

Sold out though basically without Steven or Izzy. So they can or can not, there is no try.

• Like 1

Oh stop it.

Yeah, but Guns N' Roses isn't getting back together. Mostly for the fact it never disappeared, but also because only a few old band members are returning to replace some that left.

I refer you to my previous statement. No one of consequence is buying that line.

Have Steven Adler play drums.

If that can't happen, Matt Sorum.

I wouldn't have Frank, Brain, Freese, Fritz or any other (highly talented) drummer involved based on them not being a member of Guns N Roses.

I'd solve it like this. Let Steven play the AFD songs and let Matt play everything else. If Steven can't hold it together then Matt plays everything. As for Frank....... sorry but take a hike, you're not needed or wanted.

How can they rotate drummers in the middle of a live show when songs are following one another. That's not needed. Frank's just fine. Just drama needed.

Did you seriously just ask how? Ummm..... the song ends and they switch. OR two drum kits. Like holy fuck it wouldn't be rocket science to figure out and if it meant having the only two real GnR drummers perform then why not.

And what's with the title? Is there a PROBLEM that needs to be solved, or a QUESTION that needs to be answered? I don't see that we have neither a problem or a question here.

Wow you are a weird person. Your undying loyalty to Axl's cause and your weird loyalty to guys in NuGnR is scary.

Nah, just feel it is indecent to toss out a perfectly fine band member just because Slash and Duff is returning to the band. It's immoral towards a loyal and hard-working band member.

Oh stop it.

I refer you to my previous statement. No one of consequence is buying that line.

But as long as Slash and Duff ARE coming back to "Axl's band", as in they replacing Tommy and Bumblefoot/Dj who have quit, then it ISN'T a reunion of the AFD or UYI lineups, regardless how hard some people here want it to be. I don't know about how many who understands this are "of consequence" or not, but I think pretty many DO understand it, including all the band members.

I understand, and to some extent appreciate, that you want to turn it into a ressurection of any of those lineups, but we have no reason to believe that is happening. If Axl was disbanding the last lineup to do some nostalgia shows with the AFD lineup, then fine, Steven must of course return, but again, we have no reason to think that THAT is Axl's plan here. Maybe Steven will be helped up on stage for a show or two, but most indications suggest that what we have now is a hybrid luneup consisting of the last lineup with some old members form the band's heydays. And as such discussing things as if a full reunion is the plan and that Frank must be tossed out because he is a problem, is a bit insulting.

Again, this usn't a reunion, it is Slash and Duff wanting to play in Guns N' Roses again, even to the extent of joining the latest lineup. And why shouldn't they want to do that? They will play great songs, many of which they helped to write, with other great musicians, to large audiences possibly all over the world.

Wow you are a weird person. Your undying loyalty to Axl's cause and your weird loyalty to guys in NuGnR is scary.

Nah, just feel it is indecent to toss out a perfectly fine band member just because Slash and Duff is returning to the band. It's immoral towards a loyal and hard-working band member.

You could very well be talking about Tommy Stinson. That didn't stop them.

Lol SoulMonster

Come on, you have to appreciate the perfection of my last post. From pointing out that this is a hybrid lineup something many fans struggle to forget, to the little reference and jab at Steven falling at his last GN'R gig, to suggesting Slash and Duff are almost crawling back, to the sincerety and logic behind the overall argument, and to standing up for Frank.

Frank is just fine

Let Steven do the AFD stuff on some shows

That's all

Matt is not needed really.... I would take Frank over Matt any day of the week (not because of technical abilities, though)

The only song that really needs Adler is Mr. Brownstone, he was the last drummer in this band who play that song right

I think a lto of people judge drummers on their overall drum sound which can be easily changed with a different kit....

I hope I am better than them.

Anyways, didn't Tommy leave by own decision?

I hope I am better than them.

Anyways, didn't Tommy leave by own decision?

That's what he changed his mind to after previously saying that he didn't know what was going on but would answer the call if asked.

Well gnr ain't calling it a reunion... May just be the odd play but it isn't advertised as a reunion (to my knowledge) so Frank is just fine where he is.and! He is the current drummer, end of.

I wish that we would have a cage with five drummers in it. (Adler, Sorum, Freese, Brain and Frank)

Before each song the crowd would choose who plays the next song (next song showed on the screen). The drummer that has the loudest db measured will play the song. Simple and very interactive, I would imagine that Adler would play about 90%, Sorum 9% and the others 1% on the entire tour.

I wish that we would have a cage with five drummers in it. (Adler, Sorum, Freese, Brain and Frank)

Before each song the crowd would choose who plays the next song (next song showed on the screen). The drummer that has the loudest db measured will play the song. Simple and very interactive, I would imagine that Adler would play about 90%, Sorum 9% and the others 1% on the entire tour.

this idea is better than Tommy Lee's enitre career

If you have rotating drummers just do small sets of songs.

Steven starts with Easy, Brownstone, Jungle, Civil War.

Then Matt jumps up for You Could Be Mine, Don't Cry, Live N Let Die, Heaven's Door, Nov Rain, Estranged.

The Frank jumps in for Chi dem, Better, Street of Dreams, This I Love, Catcher.

Steven pops back up for Rocket Queen, Nightrain, Sweet Child O Mine, Paradise City