MYGNRFORUM Upgrades and Upcoming Service Downtime

downzy

Hi!

We're excited to announce that a major software update to MYGNRFORUM is on its way.

Beginning Monday, February 1st (Tuesday for those of you living in Australia and East Asia), our hosting service provider will be upgrading the forum to the latest version of IPB. This will come with a whole host of benefits that will improve the service and stability of the forum.

Unfortunately, due to the size of the upgrade to the forum platform, the forum will be out of commission for a day or two. We're doing everything we can to ensure the disruption to service is minimal. We've been instructed that the downtime should not last longer than Tuesday.

Please consult our twitter feed or Facebook account for updates.

*** PLEASE NOTE: FOLLOWING THE UPDATE, YOUR LOGIN NAME WILL BE YOUR DISPLAY NAME.

PLEASE USE THE DISPLAY NAME THAT IS SEEN AND KNOWN BY OTHER MEMBERS TO LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT. THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THOSE WHO CURRENTLY HAVE A DIFFERENT USERNAME AND DISPLAY NAME. ***

If you have any questions or need assistance during or after the update, please email support at webmaster@mygnrforum.com

Thanks!

MYGNRFORUM

Facebook

Twitter

Instagram

Email

• Like 3

Just so that there's no confusion relating to the username/display name:

Some people have logged in with a different username than their display name. Say a person used JoJo7711 as their login name but their display name was GNR4EVR. After the update, this person would use GNR4EVR to login. Their display name and login name would now be one in the same.

We would have preferred to keep the login username and display username separate, but unfortunately this is no longer a feature offered in the new version of the forum software.

So this means i basically got back my old username and there's nothing i can do about it unless i pay for the club member status?

ooor i get this completely wrong based on downzy's second post :lol:

No, it means you log in with your current username.
  • Like 2